Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

Martese Allen plays line on both sides. He's been out the last couple of games. He did practice yesterday, but is questionable for Friday. He can open holes on the O side, fill'em up on the D side, and can hit you like a truck.

BTW RW,

Martese is listed at 295, and Fowler OL/DL is listed at 344.

Was Martese's absence part of the explanation that the Nash boy from Melrose had the big runs?

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just getting the fire started on both sides. Do I think Henry Co. will score? Yes. I think Hillsboro has the edge with exp and just more playmakers. yall put up points on not so very good team. melrose a pretty good team, but gave yall a run for yalls money. Hillsboro will open yalls eyes Friday. I won't be suprised if yall do but im just sayin. lol

We put up >50 against #4 Brighton in less than 3 quarters, 37 against Fairley, and 28 against Melrose (whose defense was far and away the best we've seen). Our eyes have been wide open all year.

We put up >50 against #4 Brighton in less than 3 quarters, 37 against Fairley, and 28 against Melrose (whose defense was far and away the best we've seen). Our eyes have been wide open all year.

An interception ret. for a TD last week vs. Melrose won the game for HC. Would have been real interesting if Melrose had a kicker. I am not taking anything away from HC (great team, great players most importantly won the game). Just sayin' that Special teams will be a key and I like Hillsboro in this area.

1st Quarter

Henry Co. 6

Hillsboro 21

2nd Quarter

Henry Co. 7

Hillsboro 10

Half Time

Henry Co. 13

Hillsboro 31

3rd Quarter

Henry Co. 14

Hillsboro 7

4th Quarter

Henry Co. 13

Hillsboro 7

Final

Henry Co. 40

Hillsboro 45

All this changes if Henry County secondary plays above their head.

An interception ret. for a TD last week vs. Melrose won the game for HC. Would have been real interesting if Melrose had a kicker. I am not taking anything away from HC (great team, great players most importantly won the game). Just sayin' that Special teams will be a key and I like Hillsboro in this area.

The interception return counts. So does Skylar's other touchdown, as well as Teaque's and Allen's. Our four extra points count, too. Not to mention a very impressive defensive performance. Hard for me so see which is more important. Looks like an all around team effort to me.

If we are going use 'ifs', what if:

1) Melrose hadn't recovered Dominique's only fumble of the year in the end zone?

2) Melrose hadn't intercepted Teague's only interception of the year in the end zone?

3) On Melrose's last drive, we had a fair spot on 4th down or we hadn't had 30 yards in questionable penalties or the clock worked?

4) Martese Allen had been on the defensive line of scrimmage?

The answer is 42-14, Henry County.

And the odds of 1-4 above not happening again is much greater than Melrose getting a kicker.

"If" is not pertinent.

1st Quarter

Henry Co. 6

Hillsboro 21

2nd Quarter

Henry Co. 7

Hillsboro 10

Half Time

Henry Co. 13

Hillsboro 31

3rd Quarter

Henry Co. 14

Hillsboro 7

4th Quarter

Henry Co. 13

Hillsboro 7

Final

Henry Co. 40

Hillsboro 45

All this changes if Henry County secondary plays above their head.

Henry County has had 2 touchdowns scored against us in the first quarter all year and one was a defensive fumble recovery at Melrose. I don't see HHS scoring 3 when no other offense has scored one in 12 quarters of trying. 7 field goals maybe, but not 3 touchdowns.

Henry County has had one touchdown scored against us in the first quarter all year and it was a defensive fumble recovery at Melrose. I don't see HHS scoring 3 when no other offense has scored one in 13 quarters of trying. 7 field goals maybe, but not 3 touchdowns.

Hillsboro's offense is capable of putting up 21 in the first qtr may not happen but i see 14 very likely to happen. THIS will be the best offense Henry Co has seen all year

Henry County has had one touchdown scored against us in the first quarter all year and it was a defensive fumble recovery at Melrose. I don't see HHS scoring 3 when no other offense has scored one in 13 quarters of trying. 7 field goals maybe, but not 3 touchdowns.

ok. so the third comes in the start of the 2nd quarter instead of the end of the first. point is to many recievers to cover and short, quick passing game that exploits secondary, lbs covering the flats as well as back out of the backfield. hillsboro will score quick. henry county coaching staff will adjust. best case scenerio for henry county is grounding out the clock and keep hillsboro of the field. henry county is a powerhouse football team. you guys actually will fair better in this match up with ball control if it turns in to a track meet then i got to give Hillsboro the edge.

One thing to remember about HC's pass defense is that they DO give up yards. BUT - a perfect word to describe their pass D capitalizing. They'll give up yards on short routes, but they're very agressive and will step in front of a pass any chance they get. Their safety's mix up the coverage a lot, and the zones are varied. Two years ago Hillsboro exploited the simple cover-3 that HC ran all night. The coaches know this - don't expect it to be easy pickings for Hillsboro's passing game again.