Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

The interception return counts. So does Skylar's other touchdown, as well as Teaque's and Allen's. Our four extra points count, too. Not to mention a very impressive defensive performance. Hard for me so see which is more important. Looks like an all around team effort to me.

If we are going use 'ifs', what if:

1) Melrose hadn't recovered Dominique's only fumble of the year in the end zone?

2) Melrose hadn't intercepted Teague's only interception of the year in the end zone?

3) On Melrose's last drive, we had a fair spot on 4th down or we hadn't had 30 yards in questionable penalties or the clock worked?

4) Martese Allen had been on the defensive line of scrimmage?

The answer is 42-14, Henry County.

And the odds of 1-4 above not happening again is much greater than Melrose getting a kicker.

"If" is not pertinent.

I could be wrong, but I thnk the point is that your "high powered offense" didn't score 28 against Melrose. They scored 21, your defense scored 7. Yes it equals 28 and yes it counts, but it didn't all come from your offense.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. so the third comes in the start of the 2nd quarter instead of the end of the first. point is to many recievers to cover and short, quick passing game that exploits secondary, lbs covering the flats as well as back out of the backfield. hillsboro will score quick. henry county coaching staff will adjust. best case scenerio for henry county is grounding out the clock and keep hillsboro of the field. henry county is a powerhouse football team. you guys actually will fair better in this match up with ball control if it turns in to a track meet then i got to give Hillsboro the edge.

The track meet was last week.

If HHS has as desperately underestimated our secondary and first team defense as you guys have, this will be ugly. I can hope, but I'm sure they are more realistic.

12 quarters, 12 teams, zero offensive touchdowns.

Too many recievers covered by SEC recruited cornerbacks and safeties. Sounds more like a good matchup than an HHS-favored track meet.

After reading this thread for a couple of days, I have come up with some great information on both teams. Obviously, both teams have great fans and really support their football programs with the best of them. Both teams apparently have numerous playmakers with a great deal of speed. We know now that both teams have great coaching staffs, one of which holds a super bowl ring(which is humangous by the way). This game will obviously live up to its hype because of the two very POWERFUL teams and two amazing staffs. I can't wait until Friday! I wish it was tonite. Good luck Hillsboro, but more importantly Go Big Red!

I could be wrong, but I thnk the point is that your "high powered offense" didn't score 28 against Melrose. They scored 21, your defense scored 7. Yes it equals 28 and yes it counts, but it didn't all come from your offense.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I can't apologize for scoring ONLY 28 points against Melrose. Consider the following:

1) Melrose opponents were allowed 10.8 points per game and only one touchdown in the first 2 playoff games total.

2) Only one other team scored 4 touchdowns against them all year (Memphis East), and they were awarded an egg 14 days later.

Putting 28 (or even 21) on this defense is nothing less than a statement.

How did HHS do against Franklin and MBA?

34-28 loss against Franklin and 19-14 loss against MBA. I believe I mentioned that already in a previous post in this thread. Ergo, FactsOnly, you can probably expect Henry County to put up 63 points or so against the HHS defense on friday. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

34-28 loss against Franklin and 19-14 loss against MBA. I believe I mentioned that already in a previous post in this thread. Ergo, FactsOnly, you can probably expect Henry County to put up 63 points or so against the HHS defense on friday. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Note: injuries on both the line and WR/RB and Safety level hurt us in those games. no excuses im just saying. only gave up 1 offensive TD to MBA though in that loss. should've won that game. lost on a blocked FG for a TD

The track meet was last week.

If HHS has as desperately underestimated our secondary and first team defense as you guys have, this will be ugly. I can hope, but I'm sure they are more realistic.

13 quarters, 13 teams, zero offensive touchdowns.

Too many recievers covered by SEC recruited cornerbacks and safeties. Sounds more like a good matchup than an HHS-favored track meet.

56 points does not qualify for a track meet need to get into the 70s for that unless of course it is 63 to 7 then that is just a blow out. let your "FACTSONLY" go the first time but since you continue your boast I find it necessary to remind you of the Fairley game. Lets recall the facts: Henry Co three and out to start; Fairley scores on 70+ plus run and catch; Henry Co 3 and out; Fairley turns the ball over on downs after moving the ball into Henry territory. Fairley executes and your down 2 touchdowns. Plug in a much better Hillsboro team with better atheletes and you can begin to see the picture of a 21-6 first quarter. The 6 cause your kicker is prone to miss on occassion, granted he has had numerous opportunities and not many are perfect, that could hurt but hopefully for you guys it will not be an issue. Yea #3 and #1 can play at the next level. So #3 locks down on Gordon. #1 gonna cover the rest, not this Friday.

Good grief BurroBall, why so sensitive? I'm just trying to have a little rhetorical fun. I actually didn't recall the above mentioned post.

You and me are gonna have to find a way to get along. I guess I was a little aggressive earlier, but so what? I've only been doing this for a day. If I'm out of line in some way or going against the grain of some unwritten blogosocietal more, someone tell me.

So, BB, I hope you and all HHS fans have a great Thanksgiving. But I gotta tell you, I also hope you are miserable Saturday morning. I know I will be should we not win.