Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

I assure you, you do not have more offensive speed than Melrose.

What's that you say? Speed matters again in the conversation? HHS has more speed than Henry County and that is all that matters in this game.

However, for argument's sake, HHS has played Melrose 3 times in the last 7 years and hold a 2-1 record against them. HHS knows what kind of team and athletes Melrose tends to have as much as Henry County does.

Btw, boski, enjoy the show tonight and don't forget to root hard against HHS! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you, you do not have more offensive speed than Melrose.

It wasn't just the offensive speed that gave Henry County fits ... it was the speed of the defense as well ... basically ... it was Melrose' "Team Speed" that was troubling ... not strictly the offensive team speed.

I assure you that you don't know what your saying. every team we've played have said after the game that were the fastest team they've seen in years and the best atheletes says beech coach, franklin coach and i remember reading other saying that. Melrose is not what is once was. still very good and still has very good players don't get me wrong, but i would have to say Hillsboro's speed is un-machable. you'll be suprised. and thats a FACT. I can't wait.

No ... they won't be surprised. They have played Melrose and Fairley. Both have tremendous team speed on both sides of the ball. Hillsboro has team speed too ... no more the Melrose. Henry County WON'T be surprised ... that is a fact.

I assure you that you don't know what your saying. every team we've played have said after the game that were the fastest team they've seen in years and the best atheletes says beech coach, franklin coach and i remember reading other saying that. Melrose is not what is once was. still very good and still has very good players don't get me wrong, but i would have to say Hillsboro's speed is un-machable. you'll be suprised. and thats a FACT. I can't wait.

Melrose (5 losses)

1) Lost by one point to 2008 D II AA State Champion

2) Lost to 10-2 Whitehaven (their 2 losses were to Germantown by 3 points collectively)

3) Lost to Fairley by 1 point

4) Lost to East, then shut them out 14 days later

5) Lost to us

Their record doesn't reflect it, but I still don't apologize for not blowing this team out. No one could.

I would say our Defensive team speed is alot better then what we have on offense. our defense is made up of speed.

That's one of Blade's philosophies as I understand it....speed, speed, speed, speed kills! Therefore, put as much speed on the field as possible regardless of the position.

Melrose (5 losses)

1) Lost by one point to 2008 D II AA State Champion

2) Lost to 10-2 Whitehaven (their 2 losses were to Germantown by 3 points collectively)

3) Lost to Fairley by 1 point

4) Lost to East, then shut them out 14 days later

5) Lost to us

Their record doesn't reflect it, but I still don't apologize for not blowing this team out. No one could.

Never, all you had to do was look at what kind of teams Melrose had played and played well against and you knew Henry County would not blow them out.

That's one of Blade's philosophies as I understand it....speed, speed, speed, speed kills! Therefore, put as much speed on the field as possible regardless of the position.

Hillsboro and Melrose have the same kind of philosophy when it comes to defense. Blinding speed. Melrose has one of the fastess defenses around ... if not THE fastess. I haven't seen Hillsboro up close and personal ... but I've got the impression that your defense is predicated on speed like the Melrose defense.

Never, all you had to do was look at what kind of teams Melrose had played and played well against and you knew Henry County would not blow them out.

Melrose has been through the meatgrinder against some of the best that Memphis has to offer. They are a legitmate 4A power ... so is Henry County ... that's why talk of running clocks by a few overzealous Henry County fans was overlooked by the knowledgeable.

Melrose has been through the meatgrinder against some of the best that Memphis has to offer. They are a legitmate 4A power ... so is Henry County ... that's why talk of running clocks by a few overzealous Henry County fans was overlooked by the knowledgeable.

I'll be honest, the running clocks to me was THE thing that proved to me Henry County was legit this year with such inferior opponents. I figured their first test of the season would come in the quarterfinals against either Melrose or Memphis East. This proved to be the case and this should turn out to be a great game tonight.

Btw, I noticed that every major contender currently in 4A except Maryville is going to be in 5A beginning next year...could be a fun time for the likes of HHS, Melrose, Memphis East, and Henry County in terms of state championships with Maryville moving all the way up to 6A.

I'll be honest, the running clocks to me was THE thing that proved to me Henry County was legit this year with such inferior opponents. I figured their first test of the season would come in the quarterfinals against either Melrose or Memphis East. This proved to be the case and this should turn out to be a great game tonight.

When I was speaking of the running clock issue, I was speaking in refernce to Henry County beating Melrose so bad that there would be a running clock during some point in the game. Those in the know knew that was silly talk. In reference to Henry County having virtually a runnig clock in every game except for a few ... impressive!

Btw, I noticed that every major contender currently in 4A except Maryville is going to be in 5A beginning next year...could be a fun time for the likes of HHS, Melrose, Memphis East, and Henry County in terms of state championships with Maryville moving all the way up to 6A.

Yeah I noticed that as well. District 16 in the AAA classification is comprised of Hamilton (5A), East (5A), Melrose (5A), Mitchell (5A), Whitehaven (6A), and White Station (6A). Mitchell is stepping up but they will be able to compete. Hamilton is the only one that hasn't been competative lately. I think this will be a really strong disctrict. District 15 isn't too shabby either.

Hillsboro and Melrose have the same kind of philosophy when it comes to defense. Blinding speed. Melrose has one of the fastess defenses around ... if not THE fastess. I haven't seen Hillsboro up close and personal ... but I've got the impression that your defense is predicated on speed like the Melrose defense.

Hillsboro and melrose are nothing alike. Hillsboro has tried to play the best talent ( Ensworth, BA, MBA, Syrmna, Maplewood, Franklin) that the area has to offer this season. The Burro's have seen talent but you folks have not seen talent that like this all season. This I will promise you.

Hillsboro and melrose are nothing alike. Hillsboro has tried to play the best talent ( Ensworth, BA, MBA, Syrmna, Maplewood, Franklin) that the area has to offer this season. The Burro's have seen talent but you folks have not seen talent that like this all season. This I will promise you.

I'm not a Henry County guy ... I'm a City of Memphis guy ... Melrose has played a very good tough schedule as well. Melrose has seen plenty of talent. Just like Hillsboro. Look ... we can agree to disagree ... but Melrose and Hillsboro are VERY SIMILAR ... it is almost scary. Promise all you want ... They are very ... very ... eerily similar.