Knoxville Area

HOOPSGURU

Chill out on him Skippy. Being honest isn't putting a kid down. I've seen Titlow play for several years and to say he was one of the best juniors in the area is a stretch. He should dominate he is at Greenback playing single A ball (this isn't meant as an attack on single A). If you put Titlow up against better AA and AAA talent from area teams such as L.C., Maryville, AE, Stone, Farragut, and others he would have a decent showing but would not come close to dominating you say same stats against LC and WB, WB wasn't that good last year especially after Ballard went down, what were his stats against LC? Was most of his scoring and rebounding after the starters left the game? just curious.

If you remember Titlow's freshman year @ LC he was part of a freshman team that dominated their opponents. That freshman team was lead by Titlow and his presence was very much known. If I'm not mistaken that was 3A ball. It doesn't matter what level he plays @ he always rises to the challenge. I've myself have watched this kid since middle school and I will go on record and say HE IS ONE OF THE BEST JUNIORS IN THIS AREA. When LC lost him they lost alot. I believe coachinhoops will agree. I'm just a fan, I don't really have a dog in this fight but I know a good ball player when I see one and Titlow is one of the better ones in this area. When you talk to him he's soft spoken, very well mannered just an all around great kid. I've seen him have some bad games but we all have bad games. I've seen him play lazy @ times but that's youth. I honestly think when this 2010 class signs with their respected colleges you will look back on this thread and see that you were wrong.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ram fan are all these guys idiots or do you just like to try to put kids down,these people have seen him play,aau and regular season he wouldnt be on their lists if he wasnt a very good ball player,last year as a sophomore he had a lot of great accomplishment,all district,alldistrict tournament team,led his team to twenty wins, first time in twenty three years this isnt grace recruiting academy this is greenback all that as a sophomore, even tied for leading scorer,also leading rebounder,plays really good defense(same stats against L.c. and w.b. AAA schools).

He's good no question but plays when he chooses. I apologized for my earlier post regarding the sunbright game but you know as well as I do that boy played more in the last 3-5 minutes of the game then anyone else on the court did. If he played that way all the time there's no question in my mind he's one of the best in this area single A to the highest A there is. But, he doesn't. Let's be real here and not build a kid up when he chooses to let his team down. I know these kids get on here and read this stuff and for the most part they are 15,16,17 year old kids but at some point you have to grow up and play like a man. And I mean play like a man all the time. If Michael ever chooses to do that he will be one bad A*# basketball player, until then he's just average in my book. Now enough on this kid lets move on, it's not good for the kids and it's not good for the team. So lets move on...

What does playing at LC have to do with his obvious talent on the court? They are a AAA school that play a very tough schedule. AND he is coached by one of the best in East Tn, Shane Wells.

Dylan Powers from LC should be included.

I was meaning he might not get the press that others get simply because he is @ LC. Being great and standing out from everyone on a bad team is one thing, but being great and standing out on a great team is another. Kind of like in college basketball, very few players, if any, from no name schools who barely get above .500 are ever mentioned for anything. It is the same in this situation just at the high school level. I am not saying he is bad at all. He is good. But like I said. being on a team with very few other decent players means he is their only shot at winning. So he will be the guy taking the majority of the shots. More shots, even with an average player, should equal more points.

Chill out on him Skippy. Being honest isn't putting a kid down. I've seen Titlow play for several years and to say he was one of the best juniors in the area is a stretch. He should dominate he is at Greenback playing single A ball (this isn't meant as an attack on single A). If you put Titlow up against better AA and AAA talent from area teams such as L.C., Maryville, AE, Stone, Farragut, and others he would have a decent showing but would not come close to dominating you say same stats against LC and WB, WB wasn't that good last year especially after Ballard went down, what were his stats against LC? Was most of his scoring and rebounding after the starters left the game? just curious.

Why is it that anyone above single A thinks their better and play better competion? Greenback plays AA and AAA teams. And yeah you really can't "attack" single A when it was a VERY good SINGLE A team that beat your AA redskins in football this year. Guess you should tell them to go up against better AA talent. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why is it that anyone above single A thinks their better and play better competion? Greenback plays AA and AAA teams. And yeah you really can't "attack" single A when it was a VERY good SINGLE A team that beat your AA redskins in football this year. Guess you should tell them to go up against better AA talent. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Last time I checked I didn't own any Redskins, but once in a lifetime isn't really that bad is it? I think you need to chill with Skippy. Most people do agree that A, AA and AAA are different not just in numbers but in talent as well ON AVERAGE. There are times schools that get talent in that elevates thier play and it wouldn't matter what class they were in. However on average the larger the classification the better the competition. If this wasn't the case wouldn't they just have one classification?

When Norman Dale is giving props to player, you can put a lot of stock in it. He knows his high school talent. From the time I first saw big Jay in action--as a bitty league player who was already a foot taller than anyone else, through the huge impact he had on a AAA state championship team as a sophomore, through a far larger role last season, the improvement in this young man has just been phenomenal. I agree ND, he will be one of the huge impact players in the area this year.

As Skippy is absolutely right about Titlow. Even the best of players have off nights. I coached a team against him this summer in AAU. Thought we had the game under control at the half. He came out the second-half and pretty much took over the contest and led his team back to a victory. I was impressed. WB has Greenback on their schedule early this season and our young team will definitely have to figure out a way to account for Mykal--as well as the rest of this fine, experienced group of teammates he has and their savy, veteran coach, if we expect to compete with them.

One really good player I saw this summer--and I'm sure he's been mentioned but I don't recall his name--was the point guard for Anderson County. Incredibly quick, great penetrator, great shot creator. I believe he's a senior and a four year starter???

I like Reynolds too and of course Steele, Galman and Simpson Titlow will probably dominate some A teams if he gets motivated. Rorex is fun to watch. I think Reynolds will keep improving. It should be a fun season to watch.

Im gonna call it how i c it... if you line up ANY good single A team against good AAA team the single A team will get blown out (no offense to single A though they would play the bad 3AAA teams close) lemme give you some examples go find your best single A team and line them up against the beardens, fultons, AE (even though fulton and AE r 2AA, Farragut, Powell (of the last few years that is), and Karns teams its not going to be a close game... and take it from me i played 3AAA ball if i would have played single A i would have averaged 35 a game. The competition is just not the same not saying there is not good players in single A cuz there is very good players that could play 3AAA ball, but i dont think in my opinion they would be "stars" in 3AAA they would b pretty good though. a good example of a single A team vs a 3AAA team Powell vs sunbright 2 years ago Powell-125 sunbright- 27 or something like that.

and football single A is different then basketball.

Im gonna call it how i c it... if you line up ANY good single A team against good AAA team the single A team will get blown out (no offense to single A though they would play the bad 3AAA teams close) lemme give you some examples go find your best single A team and line them up against the beardens, fultons, AE (even though fulton and AE r 2AA, Farragut, Powell (of the last few years that is), and Karns teams its not going to be a close game... and take it from me i played 3AAA ball if i would have played single A i would have averaged 35 a game. The competition is just not the same not saying there is not good players in single A cuz there is very good players that could play 3AAA ball, but i dont think in my opinion they would be "stars" in 3AAA they would b pretty good though. a good example of a single A team vs a 3AAA team Powell vs sunbright 2 years ago Powell-125 sunbright- 27 or something like that.

I agree good AAA teams will beat good A teams but the example of sunbright is not a good one. Sunbright is a bad A team and I dont think I would put Karns in that group either. But I do agree good AAA teams would Handle Good A teams

I agree good AAA teams will beat good A teams but the example of sunbright is not a good one. Sunbright is a bad A team and I dont think I would put Karns in that group either. But I do agree good AAA teams would Handle Good A teams

yeah i dont know why i put Karns in that bunch haha. But just want to make things clear that im not bashing single A im just trying to be a little realistic cuz i know some single A teams could beat some pretty good AA teams jus look this year Grace played Carter real close. But good AAA vs good A not so much.

little f.y.i., in 2006-2007 season, White House-Heritage, a A team, lost to Powell, 65-61. This is even the Powell team you said, "of the last few years that is"... That was just 1 game I found in about 2 seconds.. I am all for saying AAA is better and usually would blow out a A team, but like with everything, there are always exceptions.

Found another example.... This is an 18-17 Jackson Co.(A) vs. a 13-17 Heritage (AAA).

Jackson Co. lost to Heritage 55-48.

That same 18-17 Jackson Co. (A) team, lost to Cookeville (AAA- 16-12), 69-62 and 61-48.

little f.y.i., in 2006-2007 season, White House-Heritage, a A team, lost to Powell, 65-61. This is even the Powell team you said, "of the last few years that is"... That was just 1 game I found in about 2 seconds.. I am all for saying AAA is better and usually would blow out a A team, but like with everything, there are always exceptions.

Found another example.... This is an 18-17 Jackson Co.(A) vs. a 13-17 Heritage (AAA).

Jackson Co. lost to Heritage 55-48.

That same 18-17 Jackson Co. (A) team, lost to Cookeville (AAA- 16-12), 69-62 and 61-48.

Who Cares? This thread was supposed to be about best players in Knoxville.

This thread is about top players but your analogy of Powell to Sunbright is just not a "good example of a Single A team v. a 3AAA team" It is an absolutely a horrible example. It is what happens when a bad a teams plays a big AAA team on a very bad night. You ask Jody Wright, Shane Wells, Derek Wallace, Kevin Windle (who has been at all levels) to name a few coaches as to give you a "good example". Many A teams can compete with AAA teams just not night in and night out. You might have averaged 35 a game at an A school in High School---but it would have been a lot harder than you think. I have watched a lot of ball at all levels. It is comparable to what you see in college-Small schools beating bigger schools---occasionally and competing hard--but not night in and night out.