Dyer County vs Union City

N2Choctaws

only negative thing i really saw from dc tonight (my first time to see them this year) is that it seemed liked all the players were only concerned with scoring their own points. not alot of unselfish plays... i really expected for cj to have alot more assists than he did but he shot every time he got in the lane instead... he did have one really nice cross though he made one of union city's players fall lol... ha seemed like the refs were just determined to foul out big ced from the beginning... i will say this. i've never seen a player play harder than simpson from union city. half of his points came off of him just flat out wanting the ball more than the other team an getting boards and stuff like that. that kid can really play i hope he plays college somewhere next year.

but dc did play a very good game though! lol they got another good squad this year and some very good talent for the future. good luck to the choctaws this season as well as the tornadoes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only negative thing i really saw from dc tonight (my first time to see them this year) is that it seemed liked all the players were only concerned with scoring their own points. not alot of unselfish plays... i really expected for cj to have alot more assists than he did but he shot every time he got in the lane instead... he did have one really nice cross though he made one of union city's players fall lol... ha seemed like the refs were just determined to foul out big ced from the beginning... i will say this. i've never seen a player play harder than simpson from union city. half of his points came off of him just flat out wanting the ball more than the other team an getting boards and stuff like that. that kid can really play i hope he plays college somewhere next year.

I dunno about that....I saw that a few times but not repeatedly. Few times I got aggravated when DC players tried to pass the ball of to another when they should have taken the shot...happened under basket more than once. That isn't being too selfish...that is being too generous /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Think if CJ and Rex hadn't picked up some quick fouls and had been able to actually play the first half the score would have been different. The younger guys are really stepping up...talking about a kid wanting it...F. Yarborough wanted that ball...rebounded his own shots more than twice a few times....very impressive for a freshman. UC has a good team to have lost so much...they lost the same amount as DC if I am not mistaken.

I dunno about that....I saw that a few times but not repeatedly. Few times I got aggravated when DC players tried to pass the ball of to another when they should have taken the shot...happened under basket more than once. That isn't being too selfish...that is being too generous /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Think if CJ and Rex hadn't picked up some quick fouls and had been able to actually play the first half the score would have been different. The younger guys are really stepping up...talking about a kid wanting it...F. Yarborough wanted that ball...rebounded his own shots more than twice a few times....very impressive for a freshman. UC has a good team to have lost so much...they lost the same amount as DC if I am not mistaken.

if yarborough was number 30 then yes i was pretty impressed wit him too. didnt play like a freshman! hit several nice jumps shots with a hand in his face. hudson had a few sweet three's from the corner as well. the future looks bright for the fans in orange.

if yarborough was number 30 then yes i was pretty impressed wit him too. didnt play like a freshman! hit several nice jumps shots with a hand in his face. hudson had a few sweet three's from the corner as well. the future looks bright for the fans in orange.

Yeah, he was #30...it should be fun for DC fans the next few years.

I was highly impressed with both teams in this game and the outcome was as I expected! These 2 teams can score at will! I started a topic on here last season about the potential of this game. It was a great game but not would it could have been if this was played the previous year! Nevertheless, it was fun to watch and good luck to both teams down the road! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wish the officials would have just let these two teams play..I believe the officials took Dyer Co out of this game in the first half,calling too many touch fouls and getting C.J. and Rex and Big Ced on the bench early..Rex looked terrible as did Ced..but I believe a lot of that was frustration...B.J. Marshall really didn't get untracked for Union City either..I thought Simpson had a great game...Both teams are going to get better as the season progresses !

I wish the officials would have just let these two teams play..I believe the officials took Dyer Co out of this game in the first half,calling too many touch fouls and getting C.J. and Rex and Big Ced on the bench early..Rex looked terrible as did Ced..but I believe a lot of that was frustration...B.J. Marshall really didn't get untracked for Union City either..I thought Simpson had a great game...Both teams are going to get better as the season progresses !

How do you think a Dyer County-Humboldt match-up would turn out or a DC-Lake County game??

How do you think a Dyer County-Humboldt match-up would turn out or a DC-Lake County game??

I really don't think the best Dyer Co team showed up last night...Ced is usually going to get around 10 points a game and Rex can shoot with anyone but last night he just wasn't doing anything..Humboldt would be a tough matchup for Dyer Co with their size but then again...I think C.J. can take anyone off the dribble and take it to the basket..Thought he would do that last night and either shoot a layup or when he 's driving and the defender pulls over..pass the ball to big Ced for an easy basket..C.J. would get Humboldt in foul trouble on most nights...Too early for me to talk about Lake Co..Not sure about which players we're going to have as yet..Word I had last night is the Swift kid and the Giles kid may not be playing now..I believe Ced would have a tough time with Russel..Not as quick as Russel..Patrick Robertson with his height would make Dyer Co change a few shots as well ....at the same time..C.J. can drive on anyone..could drive the lane and maybe get Russell in foul trouble.. I believe Humboldt would give Dyer Co more trouble..if Humboldt can handle the Dyer Co press..Unlike Union City..Dyer Co does have a big man down low ..I believe Union City will match up better with Lake Co better than they would Humboldt as well..I see maybe Patrick or Avery on Simpson or Marshall..If Russell would just get down low and go straight up..Union City doesn;t have anyone that can stop him..But if he decides to maybe drive to the basket..will have to watch Simpson setting up and taking charges...Should be a good game between Lake Co and Union City as well...if the team for Union City that played the first half shows up..will be a good game..

DC would give Humboldt fits with their press, that's for sure...Union City forced Humboldt into 31 turnovers and soph Tyler Stewart-Crume had 10 steals by himself..UC also had more offensive rebounds than Humboldt..I don't know if UC will beat Humboldt this year but I wouldn't think the Tornadoes would put up another 4 for 40 three point shooting night against them....

You mentioned Giles and Swift..Why would they not be playing now??

DC would give Humboldt fits with their press, that's for sure...Union City forced Humboldt into 31 turnovers and soph Tyler Stewart-Crume had 10 steals by himself..UC also had more offensive rebounds than Humboldt..I don't know if UC will beat Humboldt this year but I wouldn't think the Tornadoes would put up another 4 for 40 three point shooting night against them....

You mentioned Giles and Swift..Why would they not be playing now??

Humboldt had lots of unforced turnovers against Union City. Humboldt did not have a turnover in the backcourt against Union City's press until the 4th quarter. They did not take care of the ball at all once they got it past halfcourt. If they had've, it would have been a whole lot worse.