Dyer County vs Union City

N2Choctaws

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC would give Humboldt fits with their press, that's for sure...Union City forced Humboldt into 31 turnovers and soph Tyler Stewart-Crume had 10 steals by himself..UC also had more offensive rebounds than Humboldt..I don't know if UC will beat Humboldt this year but I wouldn't think the Tornadoes would put up another 4 for 40 three point shooting night against them....

You mentioned Giles and Swift..Why would they not be playing now??

I'm assuming because the football players are back and now they may be coming off the bench...Giles had 15 against Middle College and Swift had 12..Both looked good and if not starting..would have probably played a lot..I heard they weren't on the team but I believe the Giles kid was at the Gleason game..just wasn't dressed..I heard that night that he maybe had ISP or something..I asked my son about it and he text one of the Lake Co players ,a good friend of his,and he told my son that both players were off the team as of last night..I'm hoping that school was out last week and today with school going on..that maybe things will change!

Yeah,he is going to be really good.He can really shoot the ball.DC have a lot of good young ball players and i have seen the junior high play,so Dyer Co will be good for a while.

He has unbelievable range for a kid his age...his defensive game is improving. You are right about the junior high...some real good young talent, Little Hubbs, Jamal and others will be a good fit at DC. With the coaches they have they will be well prepared for DC style play.

I'm assuming because the football players are back and now they may be coming off the bench...Giles had 15 against Middle College and Swift had 12..Both looked good and if not starting..would have probably played a lot..I heard they weren't on the team but I believe the Giles kid was at the Gleason game..just wasn't dressed..I heard that night that he maybe had ISP or something..I asked my son about it and he text one of the Lake Co players ,a good friend of his,and he told my son that both players were off the team as of last night..I'm hoping that school was out last week and today with school going on..that maybe things will change!

I was told last night at the Northview-Lake Co middle school game by one of the Lake co starters that both Giles and Swift were off the team..!

I was told last night at the Northview-Lake Co middle school game by one of the Lake co starters that both Giles and Swift were off the team..!

Since Coach Whitby has been at Lake County has there ever been a time when we didn't lose players during the season. If you can think of a year let me know. I can't. There may have been a time when we didn't but I am sure more often than not we have lost at least one player every year. That is just the way it is. Draw your own conclusions from that.

Since Coach Whitby has been at Lake County has there ever been a time when we didn't lose players during the season. If you can think of a year let me know. I can't. There may have been a time when we didn't but I am sure more often than not we have lost at least one player every year. That is just the way it is. Draw your own conclusions from that.

speller...I was thinking the same thing...I was just wondering if it had to do with Whitby's return....Or just coincidence ?

I have family in LC and I'm told that it was Whitby's decision not Coach Clay's and those boys could have helped the team, the falcons improved to 4-0 despite to easy games with all thier players and two games without them. Humboldt and tha mighty tornadoes are around the corner so look out LC.

The head of the program does have every right to assert his judgement into certain matters as he sees fit. And you all need to be thankful he is there, obviously this is not his first rodeo. Can't argue with success. How many wins does he have? Gotta be near 800 now I would assume, incredible!

The head of the program does have every right to assert his judgement into certain matters as he sees fit. And you all need to be thankful he is there, obviously this is not his first rodeo. Can't argue with success. How many wins does he have? Gotta be near 800 now I would assume, incredible!

He has over 800 wins and was recognized for that milestone last year. It is his team and has the right to do as he pleases. His opinion is the only one that matters. But others have opinions and we have the right to ours as well. His record speaks for itself. Since he has been at Lake County he has had some of the best talent that has ever played basketball at Lake County. We have been successful everywhere regular season and post season but I don't recall a trip to the state tournament since he has been here. We only had two or three appearances before he got here but we made it. He was a great coach before and after he got to Lake County. But again to the best of my recollection no appearances at the big dance since coming to Lake County. The talent has been there even if a lot of talent has been let go. Again that is absolutely his right. He's the head coach. However, nobody is perfect and I am most definitely including myself and if I were coaching they might not win a game. I am basing what I say on what I have seen since he has been here. I am sure that there are many who will disagree with what I have said. To those that disagree, attend 15 to 20 of our games this year and see what you think. Just my opinion, and I know what that's like, and I know everyone has one.

speller...I was thinking the same thing...I was just wondering if it had to do with Whitby's return....Or just coincidence ?

I have no idea if it was due to his return....and I am betting that you know Coach Whitby is an Alpha Male and his theme song is probably I DID IT MY WAY. And ain't nothing wrong with that, per se. It was what it was and it is what it is.

I have no idea if it was due to his return....and I am betting that you know Coach Whitby is an Alpha Male and his theme song is probably I DID IT MY WAY. And ain't nothing wrong with that, per se. It was what it was and it is what it is.

He does have a dominating personality, that's for sure...So much so, he has people going to LC games that used to never miss an Obion Central game.....That's something to be able to get fans to stop coming to one team's games and go to another just to watch you coach...