Dyer County vs Union City

N2Choctaws

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have a dominating personality, that's for sure...So much so, he has people going to LC games that used to never miss an Obion Central game.....That's something to be able to get fans to stop coming to one team's games and go to another just to watch you coach...

His fans are loyal, no doubt about that.

The head of the program does have every right to assert his judgement into certain matters as he sees fit. And you all need to be thankful he is there, obviously this is not his first rodeo. Can't argue with success. How many wins does he have? Gotta be near 800 now I would assume, incredible!

I have family in LC and I'm told that it was Whitby's decision not Coach Clay's and those boys could have helped the team, the falcons improved to 4-0 despite to easy games with all thier players and two games without them. Humboldt and tha mighty tornadoes are around the corner so look out LC.

I was told ,may be true and may not be..that an incident involving one of the players doing something during a practice and Coach Whitby and him had a discussion and was told to run extra laps but didn't..Could be totally false though..I also had someone at game at South Fulton tell me he thought they may play after Christmas but a friend of Coach Whitby's that was at the game also last night..talked to Coach Whitby yesterday and said Giles wasn't playing..I was told that Coach Whitby wasn't going to put up with certain things..about the same situation whereas he didn't let Dominic Kimble play the past two seasons..Both Giles and Swift were at the game last night..sitting with the boys basketball players...I assume they may have even rode the bus..But I know they were sitting in the chairs that the players sit in during the game...So..I'm pretty sure ..Coach Clay wants them to play..I wonder if they'll be on the bench the next game with Coach Whitby being back..I also heard that Abbot wasn't playing after playing and starting the first two games..!We should know more for sure Friday night with the return of Coach Whitby !

His fans are loyal, no doubt about that.

Can be good or bad!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> People can draw their own conclusions!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> POWER TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is it?

Whitby has always been that way. He might not like the way a player has done their hair so he doesn't start them (yes this is true he told it to a coach right before a game 2 years ago, I think it was Brandon Springer) He can be a bit odd at times but he knows how to get kids to play in a team concept and most kids play hard. I don't think he is that fundamental of a coach but almost all of his kids can shoot the ball from deep. It might look weird but it goes in. He will always be a legend in West TN HS basketball. LC was absolutley horrible before he came. I think it was his second year their he was looking for a scrimmage so he asked a few guys from the area to find players that would come play his HS kids. I was the youngest guy in the group at 24 everyone else was 30+(bigster one player was the LC school police officer, that tells you how good we really weren't) We played 3, twenty min. quarters and beat those kids by 20. If we had tried that 2 years later we would have been beat by 40+. He gets his kids to play hard and within a team.

Whitby has always been that way. He might not like the way a player has done their hair so he doesn't start them (yes this is true he told it to a coach right before a game 2 years ago, I think it was Brandon Springer) He can be a bit odd at times but he knows how to get kids to play in a team concept and most kids play hard. I don't think he is that fundamental of a coach but almost all of his kids can shoot the ball from deep. It might look weird but it goes in. He will always be a legend in West TN HS basketball. LC was absolutley horrible before he came. I think it was his second year their he was looking for a scrimmage so he asked a few guys from the area to find players that would come play his HS kids. I was the youngest guy in the group at 24 everyone else was 30+(bigster one player was the LC school police officer, that tells you how good we really weren't) We played 3, twenty min. quarters and beat those kids by 20. If we had tried that 2 years later we would have been beat by 40+. He gets his kids to play hard and within a team.

Football at Lake County has been our forte but we have had good basketball teams before the arrival of Coach Whitby. Steve Speed and Clennon Dailey were great coaches here as well. We were not as bad as some people seem to think before Coach Whitby got here. The teams we had with Russell Avery(the current Russell Avery's father) Terry Bolden and John Michael Clay were great teams and they made a state tournament appearance. The teams with Charles Belk, Charles Rice, and Jimmy Robinson known as the R&R Express had some outstanding teams with Rice making All State for two years if memory serves me correctly. We also had a state tournament appearance with Brett Johnson as head coach. The one thing that Coach Whitby has brought to Lake County is a consistent long term reign. Before he got here noone would stay very long. Coach Speed and Coach Dailey were in my opinion as good a coaches as coach Whitby. Great coaches aren't standing in line to come to Lake County. Lake County was on the map in basketball before the arrival of Coach Whitby. He has stayed here so we have been consistenly good. The other coaches would have been consistent as well if they had chosen to stay. The facts are that Lake County had good basketball teams before Coach Whitby, not every year, but we had stretches of very good teams just not for as many years in a row because we had coaches that would leave. Coach Whitby is a great coach but he not the savior of Lake County basketball.

Yea the teams where good a long time ago when my mom went to LC back in the 70's but you gotta say that along with the good teams LC had some that where terrible in the sense that they would have been demolished by teams in 14A now and had trouble beating some of the lower teams. LC has always had the athletes and football has regined forever. I never could understand how the Jr. Falcons could be real good but the HS wasn't very good when those players came of age.

Yea the teams where good a long time ago when my mom went to LC back in the 70's but you gotta say that along with the good teams LC had some that where terrible in the sense that they would have been demolished by teams in 14A now and had trouble beating some of the lower teams. LC has always had the athletes and football has regined forever. I never could understand how the Jr. Falcons could be real good but the HS wasn't very good when those players came of age.

Girls team was pretty dang rough back in the 80's when I played...got elbowed in the jaw, knocked it out of place. My coach popped it back in /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> went back in and played....then again that was when you could play with a bloody nose, knees without a health panic. We had no medics on the sides or trainers.

Girls team was pretty dang rough back in the 80's when I played...got elbowed in the jaw, knocked it out of place. My coach popped it back in /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> went back in and played....then again that was when you could play with a bloody nose, knees without a health panic. We had no medics on the sides or trainers.

The early 80's? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Just kidding.

Thanks for clarifying that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I think I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about now...I get players mixed up all the time /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol u'll know who he is when dc plays westview... the whole westview team can shoot the 3 but this kid really can do it all on the offensive end! has a sweet left handed stroke really reminds me of justin blake except drives to the goal more often rather than shootin just a ton of three's... him vs cj should be a fun match up to watch!

The early 80's? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Just kidding.

Well, heck no.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Though I am pretty sure I don't qualify as a youngster anymore. My 7 yr. old asked me how old I'd be on my birthday....so I told her. She said "Well you are half-dead" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> guess to a 7 yr. old I am old....haaaa!!!haaa!!!

lol u'll know who he is when dc plays westview... the whole westview team can shoot the 3 but this kid really can do it all on the offensive end! has a sweet left handed stroke really reminds me of justin blake except drives to the goal more often rather than shootin just a ton of three's... him vs cj should be a fun match up to watch!

Look forward to seeing that matchup....hey, it is close to Christmas..all the stress of getting everything taken care of I do good to wake up and know my own name...haaaa!!!