Smyrna 2009 schedule

my2cents

Not sure that the Bulldogs didn't want to renew the series, but Gallatin only had two open games to schedule and I think they already had them filled when Smyrna called. Smyrna so far is having a tough time finding games. Possibles seem to be Cookeville and maybe Tullahoma and that would still leave three games open. The new districts with 8 teams had no trouble filling in their open spots, with only 6 teams its going to be tough to find 5 games.

It was a good series. Gallatin's schedule is still not complete and they had three nondistrict games to fill. Gallatin was looking for week 0, 1, 3, and 7. For whatever reason it was not renewed. My understanding the coach's wanted it and Smyrna's didn't. I wish it could have continued and maybe it will someday. Good luck on filling yours out, with the way the new playoffs are nobody wants to play anybody. Maybe the two will scrimmage in the fall.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good series. Gallatin's schedule is still not complete and they had three nondistrict games to fill. Gallatin was looking for week 0, 1, 3, and 7. For whatever reason it was not renewed. My understanding the coach's wanted it and Smyrna's didn't. I wish it could have continued and maybe it will someday. Good luck on filling yours out, with the way the new playoffs are nobody wants to play anybody. Maybe the two will scrimmage in the fall.

Your right it is good series both teams travel well and there is a long history there going back to the old district 9 AAA when the Green Wave was at the top of its game.

The problem with that is what a number of teams are going to face. With 6 teams only 3 teams will be automatic qualifiers. Everyone (and anyone) else will have to qualify as wild cards. If I am not mistaken, the first tie breaker is overall record. There are going to be a number of schools that will guarantee themselves wins as opposed to playing somebody tough just to give themselves a shot to get in the playoffs. Now IF (and this is a big if) you KNOW that you can get one of the automatic spots every year, then go ahead and schedule away to your hearts content. I just don't know how many schools and coaches will do that.

Even that is not necessarily a good idea. If you lock in an auotmatic spot at say 6-4, you are guaranteeing yourself a mid-range seed in your quadrant, and a possible powerhouse as early as round one.

I heard that Gallatin didnt want to play smyrna my source is pretty good but not a book it source meaning he is usually right but a small chance he was wrong

The idea behind the new regions was mainly geographic. It seems funny that the new region is going to force Smyrna to play Cookeville and Tullahoma. Did they trave that far in the previous region set-up? Looks like the TSSAA had a good idea, but it needs to be fine tuned. Has anyone thought about out of state teams? It is a quick ride up I-65 to Franklin, KY and Bowling Green.

Smyrna/Bowling Green would be a good matchup. Or, even Hopkinsville.