Oneida Boys Basketball

kazam37

Give the coach some time to get a feel for his players. He hasn't even had a chance to coach ten games yet! I agree that there is a lot of talent, but there are only so many minutes in a game. He will play the players he feels are ready to play. Also, it is a very different type of conditioning coming from football to basketball. Give this team some time to gel and figure each other out before making any rash comments that may be too soon. Its not about politics, it's about playing together and finding ways to win, let's give these coaches and players a chance to find an identity. It's not about how you start the season, it's about how you finish!

I agree with RO. This year is different in another way other than coaches. The team hasnt went this long with out their football players. As for Scott this is Oneida thread keep it that way, but since you invited them in the subject I was at the Kingston game.Scott High's coaching staff doesn't seem to be to swift on the player calls either. Since we are sideline coaches what I saw from the Highlanders that night was enough airballs from one player to cool the gym down and enough bricks from others to build a new house, and neither left the floor. Back to the point it is not easy for new coaches or players under new coaches. You can't turn anything around in one season. Look at where the Indians football team was and where it is now. Regaurdless of if you tell a coach what you think and they do the opposite to prove a point they have that power, but I highly doubt they will hurt their own team. They haven't even put a dent in the schedual and people are already talking anarchy. Give these guys time and you will see, and if your " SUPERSTARS" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> are what they or their parents think they are then they will get on the floor. Since none of us have the power to do anything how about we set back enjoy one of the games we love, support these kids and the coaching staff. At the end of the year if the people who's opinion really matters isn't happy then maybe some of you can put in an application or re-aply. Besides im sure Coach Yaden an his assistance arent biting their nails about what any of us are saying on here since we don't have an axe in our hand. Once again just my opinion we all have one some people are one and other talk out of theirs.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jeffers and Yaden are both quality guys and coaches. I've known both for a while and watched them handle their teams in middle school. Both are aggressive and to the point types of people. I guarntee the boys that do what they ask of them will be successful.

I still think they are in the top 2-3 in Dist 4-A...........That would be pretty good for a first year coaching tandem.

Give it time and be patient. Things will work out for the tribe!

So......what did last night look like? I wasn't there and was just curious how the team meshed with the added players? Hope they come together and find some good pieces. Was CC good? Help a fella out!

Kaz /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

How did last night look????????? DARK!!!!!!!!! You walked right into that one, ole buddy. Sorry monkeyboy don't hibernate in basketball season.

I think Jeffers and Yaden are both quality guys and coaches. I've known both for a while and watched them handle their teams in middle school. Both are aggressive and to the point types of people. I guarntee the boys that do what they ask of them will be successful.

I still think they are in the top 2-3 in Dist 4-A...........That would be pretty good for a first year coaching tandem.

Give it time and be patient. Things will work out for the tribe!

Charlie Murphy! You still playing pick up games with Prince and eating pancakes. I'm Rick James beach!

Your right sounds like a parent. So your saying just because those kids played last year they should be guaranteed a starting spot? Even thou we had a different coach (that you probably didn't like either) and now that we have a new coach He should just start these boy, I don't think so. Hey when it all comes down to it, we are not at practice we have no ideal who is giving their all and has the right attitude. Let the coach do His job and quit this stuff. Momma always said if you can't say anything good just don't say anything.

Well I'm not a parent so you don't have it all figured out just yet. And do I like The head coach? No, I don't. I've had personal dealings with him myself, I know how he is. Enough said.

Well I'm not a parent so you don't have it all figured out just yet. And do I like The head coach? No, I don't. I've had personal dealings with him myself, I know how he is. Enough said.

Well take your personal dealings and take them for what they are/ where and move on like an adult does. If he is what you think he is then im sure the rest of us will find out, but im doubting we will find any new information about him since most of us have known him for a long time. Maybe soccer is your expertes. Maybe a thought about sticking with that?

There is one thing that I do know Counsel, and that is who you are. I can promise you that the jury won't be hung in this case.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well take your personal dealings and take them for what they are/ where and move on like an adult does. If he is what you think he is then im sure the rest of us will find out, but im doubting we will find any new information about him since most of us have known him for a long time. Maybe soccer is your expertes. Maybe a thought about sticking with that?

Well I think you need to work on your grammar, but that's also another matter. Maybe he should also stick with his expertise (not expertes): middle school basketball /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Well I think you need to work on your grammar, but that's also another matter. Maybe he should also stick with his expertise (not expertes): middle school basketball /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

Your right my grammar does need work, but look at it from my side someone who devoted their life to sports instead of studies. But studies are a part of a students life that is thrown away to win. Anyway I can't think of a coach that didn't start at a low level. Do you think coaches in the NBA woke up one day and said hhhmmmm I think i'll coach a pro team for a carrer. HA, I don't think so. Point is everyone starts somewhere as does this team need great improving. Coaching is more than just showing up making the kids run laps do drills and go home. It is a learning experience for both coaches and players. Either way if people would bite their tounge and speak when their opinion is neaded (it's NOT incase your having a hard time keeping up with my spelling). Point is do your job /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> , and the coaches will do their jobs of coaching this team. Either way you do give me something quite amusing to laugh at in my boredom. Hurry back and tell me how many I missed in this one; I do like a good game of spell check from time to time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />