Oneida Boys Basketball

kazam37

i guess whipping up on coalfield and sunbright is the type of noise ur talking about.

You wanna compare schedules. Here goes.

Scott High (AA school) - 4 games against Single A opponents; 8 games against AA opponents; 1 game against AAA opponents. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oneida (A school)- 8 games against Single A opponents; 4 games against AA opponents; 3 games against AAA opponents. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think that speaks volumes.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> LETS ALL BASH ON SOME COACHING ABILLITY,BUT BEFORE WE JUMP ON ONE SET HERE IN THE COUNTY LETS LOOK AT BOTH HIGH SCHOLS AND THERE RECORDS SENCE BOTH GROUPS ARE ENJOYING BASHING JUST ONE GROUP OF COACHES. ONEIDA BOYS 5 AND 10, ONEIDA GIRLS 8 AND 7, SCOTT BOYS 6 AND 11, SCOTT GIRLS 7 AND 10, I READ ON HERE THE TEAMS NEED HEART AND TALLENT TO WIN,THAT IS RIGHT IN MY OPPINION, SO MAYBE WE NEED TO LOOK AT THAT AS MUCH AS THE COACHING OR MAYBE COACHES ALL AROUND. YOU BLEACHER COACHES CAN DECIDE THAT AND LET THE REST OF THE COUNTY KNOW SO WE CAN GET ON WITH ENJOYING SPORTS. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that a good point timeltell, we have struggled at scott high this year. we feel coach sharp is getting the most of the talent available and so has coach hamby. i dont think oneida can say the same about their boys. wasnt coach stevo a state champ coach? wasnt coach yaden a championship coach to? didnt u return four starters and several other players? what i can tell from what ur saying is that our county basketball programs are not very good at all. that means our middle school coaches and jr pro are bad to. i just felt with such championship coaches and experienced players u would have beaten more teams this year. what i am getting from shazam, indiangiver, and u are EXCUSES, EXCUSES,EXCUSES. i suppose u are going to blame the weather, girl friends, parents, class mates, and anyone else who you may think caused the team to loose. i must get off now, i got to fix supper. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that a good point timeltell, we have struggled at scott high this year. we feel coach sharp is getting the most of the talent available and so has coach hamby. i dont think oneida can say the same about their boys. wasnt coach stevo a state champ coach? wasnt coach yaden a championship coach to? didnt u return four starters and several other players? what i can tell from what ur saying is that our county basketball programs are not very good at all. that means our middle school coaches and jr pro are bad to. i just felt with such championship coaches and experienced players u would have beaten more teams this year. what i am getting from shazam, indiangiver, and u are EXCUSES, EXCUSES,EXCUSES. i suppose u are going to blame the weather, girl friends, parents, class mates, and anyone else who you may think caused the team to loose. i must get off now, i got to fix supper. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

HMMM! So Scott High is getting the most out of their talent, Oneida isn't. If I remember correctly, Fairview won a lot of games against Scott County teams and teams from Morgan and Fentress counties during Yaden's time there, however, you take those same girls and combine them with the other county schools and you don't have very much success. Gosh, just don't understand that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm not making excuses just stating facts. Wonder why you didn't respond to the post about competition that Oneida is facing compared to Scott High. Go figure.

Hey, I hope all the teams in the county have success in the future.

You must be one of those bleacher coaches or a complainer because i never bashed or gave excuses for any team u are talking about. I simply gave u bashers a record of all 4 teams to look at and obviously u didn't like your team being compaired to the rest." To bad", quit bashing and there will be no compairing of ur team to the rest of the high school teams. As for the middle and jr pro teams, i myself like to watch all of them at one time or another play but it sounds like u might not.Once again u have found another set of coaches to bash on.Not me ,they give there time freely great for them These coaches u are calling championship coaches, u must not like them or u are jellious of them, i don't no, i do think they are half way through one high school season as first year coaches so where is the championship name comeing from or are u saying they will be state champs.That would be a big statement from u but u do sound like a "no it all".Now read between the lines and say stuf u mean and say it that way don,t use me as your mouthpease cya "SCBFAN /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ok, guys I like a good laugh as much as the next person, but I don't think I can handle anymore amusement from SCBFAN. Heres a heads up SCBFAN most people set on theirs not talk out of it. If your not a coach and your not a parent then you must be a wanna be. It really is pointless for you to keep posting when you say something and get a reply but can't come back to the reply. Also I notice you keep saying Stevo that sounds like somthing a friend would say, but you don't seem very friendly or much like a likeable person. Your coming into a Oneida thread trying to bash their team "not smart the numbers arent in your favor". I think things will get better for this team. Nothing happens over night give it time, and some of you may be supprised at what can be salviged out this season. There is a big differance between middle school and high school ball. That doesn't mean that these coaches shouldn't be coaching at this level, but it does mean that you can't expect a miracle season in one year. I mean they aren't you know who. So give these coach's a chance and see what happens. So untill next time remember some people have one and some people are one ( I don't think I need to mention any names cough cough Sco Co Fan).

I'm sorry for this idiot. You also should not be saying "WE" when talking about "Coach" that's funny, Sharp. If you are a SHS fan, BUTT out of this! If you're not show your true identity and keep SHS name out of it! Good luck to all teams!

I just think its funny that oneida hired too coaches that played in the county system, and we didnt want either one of them. The only reason oneida is winning is the talent they have on the team, its sure not coaching, they probably would have won more games if the coaches would stay in the dressing room. oneida has got their football programs on the right track and let their basketball program go down hill. At least here in highlander nation we hire the best kids that come out of our system to coach.

I think it is funny cause neither one of you are winning, oneida on other hand had a good football program, what does scott have nothing

Ok, guys I like a good laugh as much as the next person, but I don't think I can handle anymore amusement from SCBFAN. Heres a heads up SCBFAN most people set on theirs not talk out of it. If your not a coach and your not a parent then you must be a wanna be. It really is pointless for you to keep posting when you say something and get a reply but can't come back to the reply. Also I notice you keep saying Stevo that sounds like somthing a friend would say, but you don't seem very friendly or much like a likeable person. Your coming into a Oneida thread trying to bash their team "not smart the numbers arent in your favor". I think things will get better for this team. Nothing happens over night give it time, and some of you may be supprised at what can be salviged out this season. There is a big differance between middle school and high school ball. That doesn't mean that these coaches shouldn't be coaching at this level, but it does mean that you can't expect a miracle season in one year. I mean they aren't you know who. So give these coach's a chance and see what happens. So untill next time remember some people have one and some people are one ( I don't think I need to mention any names cough cough Sco Co Fan).

Are you happy with the coaching this year runningback? Are you satisfied that Oneida and its 6 seniors (5 that play) and 5 juniors ( 3 that regularly play) are playing up to the level they should be? Why should there be a "miracle" with that much experience in the lineup? Why can not Oneida beat someone who has a better than .500 record? I don't think you can truthfully answer that they have performed well and coached well. I think you just can't sit and look at stupid comments by "FANS" and some parents with the statements they make being half right and half borderline stupid. I just dont get the "miracle" bit----you would think Jeffers, Laxton and crew were freshman as opposed to seasoned basketball players who have played together for years and with most of them's old middle school coach. I think it is pretty clear from their coaching performance thusfar is that neither Yaden or Jeffers are "winning" high school coaches. If Oneida wants to be satisfied with expecting a "miracle" from its coaches just to beat an above average team, then we need to look elsewhere if we want to uphold "tradition" or put Basketball in line with Football. You are right runningback, they should be coaches at the high school level-- in fact anybody can qualify to be a highschool basketball coach, but is that what Oneida wants--just anybody? Why dont you just sit back and think---why aren't we beating these teams? Maybe we finish out great but hey we should be number one in the district dont you think? Oliver springs is the same team without schulz we lost abbott and orick. Why are they that much better than us? Uh COACHING Why is Wartburg beating us? Uh COACHING. Why should we suffer next season like this season? Oh I am sorry we shouldnt expect a "MIRACLE" to beat those teams. We have the best talent in the district and our bottom bench with Miller and Chambers would both start for Wartburg and one of the two would start for Oliver Springs. Any of our varsity would start for Sunbright, Oakdale, Coalfied with the exception of Watson. Now with that in mind runningback, why do we need a " miracle" to win. NO we need COACHING. I read some of these comments and if no knowing better would think that we have "great" coaching, we are a ranked team due to all the talent and coaching, and that some of Scott County are just plumb idiots. We have a good team, we have inferior coaching, and yes we do have some idiots. Now, what are we going to do about it?

injunsquaw, I seriously doubt your bench players would start for Wartburg or Oliver Springs. There may be only 1 starter or 2 at the most starters that would start for Wartburg and Oliver SPrings. They both have some talent, the reason why they are beating you. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Oneida. I still think they are a team to aviod in the post season beacasue of their experince and talent.

Are you happy with the coaching this year runningback? Are you satisfied that Oneida and its 6 seniors (5 that play) and 5 juniors ( 3 that regularly play) are playing up to the level they should be? Why should there be a "miracle" with that much experience in the lineup? Why can not Oneida beat someone who has a better than .500 record? I don't think you can truthfully answer that they have performed well and coached well. I think you just can't sit and look at stupid comments by "FANS" and some parents with the statements they make being half right and half borderline stupid. I just dont get the "miracle" bit----you would think Jeffers, Laxton and crew were freshman as opposed to seasoned basketball players who have played together for years and with most of them's old middle school coach. I think it is pretty clear from their coaching performance thusfar is that neither Yaden or Jeffers are "winning" high school coaches. If Oneida wants to be satisfied with expecting a "miracle" from its coaches just to beat an above average team, then we need to look elsewhere if we want to uphold "tradition" or put Basketball in line with Football. You are right runningback, they should be coaches at the high school level-- in fact anybody can qualify to be a highschool basketball coach, but is that what Oneida wants--just anybody? Why dont you just sit back and think---why aren't we beating these teams? Maybe we finish out great but hey we should be number one in the district dont you think? Oliver springs is the same team without schulz we lost abbott and orick. Why are they that much better than us? Uh COACHING Why is Wartburg beating us? Uh COACHING. Why should we suffer next season like this season? Oh I am sorry we shouldnt expect a "MIRACLE" to beat those teams. We have the best talent in the district and our bottom bench with Miller and Chambers would both start for Wartburg and one of the two would start for Oliver Springs. Any of our varsity would start for Sunbright, Oakdale, Coalfied with the exception of Watson. Now with that in mind runningback, why do we need a " miracle" to win. NO we need COACHING. I read some of these comments and if no knowing better would think that we have "great" coaching, we are a ranked team due to all the talent and coaching, and that some of Scott County are just plumb idiots. We have a good team, we have inferior coaching, and yes we do have some idiots. Now, what are we going to do about it?

This is coming down a little hard, but for the most part true..... i do believe Oneida has more talent from the 1st to the last man on the bench than anybody in their district, maybe in their region... i also believe Oneida is better than OZ and Wartburg, they beat OZ just once and Wartburg both times last year, and OZ lost i believe 4 guys that got significant playing time, Wartburg returns everybody but 2, Oneida also lost just 2 and got 1 back from injury, so i agree with this statement you have made they should be 1st in the district. . . . . .but that is just my opinion.

Did I miss something? I thought Oneida won Tuesday night quite handily, and only lost by 3 points to Wartburg on the road last week. I wish they were undefeated also, but everyone seems to forget these coaches had no spring practice or summer camps with these players, and did not have the guys who played football, which makes up the majority of the team, until after basketball season began. It does appear to take some adjustment to go from playing football to basketball. From what I have observed in the last few games I thought they have played harder, played better defense and overall played a lot better than they did earlier in the season. Instead of complaining all the time about coaching, why don't some of you all start encouraging and supporting the team. It is all about the "TEAM".

By the way InjunSquaw, I really wish you wouldn't use names of players because stuff like that can cause problems between players on the team and you definitely won't win when that starts happening....and you do want them to win, DON'T YOU?