Cannon county football

BigPun

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell everybody like it is, my sole purpose for posting on this site is to keep the community and the fans up to date on what is going on with the football team. You all asked to be notified of booster club meetings, fundraisers, banquets, practices, scrimmages, and games. That's what I'm here to do. I share the same passion for success that alot of you do. This will be a football town again. This has been your town alot longer than has been mine. Tell me how it goes around here. Who do I need to speak to about getting some things done? I need names and numbers.We need to figure out a way to get the middle school kids to the high school for some /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" conditioning. And if you want to know who I am, all you gotta do is ask. I though it was pretty apparent.

first chance to enlighten us with your knowledge...Why did the defensive coordinator leave?

This should be interesting to hear your sside on this. Most people thats involved with the football program are pretty upset about this. The defense was the strong point for the lions this year if you ask me. I mean there was the Dekalb game that they give up alot points to. But other than that they stood pretty strong all year.

I am a total outsider here, but after reading the entire thread I can't help but notice that their is NO mention of the Director of Schools and his/her stance or involvement in the football situation. Who is the Director of Schools for Cannon Co. and to what extent does he/she support and become involved in the program?

P-spy, by that picture you use I didn't realize what a good lookin' fellow you were! Lol. They are up tempo in the weightroom. Maybe everything will get worked out. I believe the only real complaining people are doing is on the internet. Coach is working to get better and I hope to see him next week in Nashville at the coaching clinic

Well my old stomping grounds is in need of some services. I was probably more strict than Coach on misses and missed workouts. He will do well. I agree on the facilities issue. Tried many times to get that issue addressed. Port o potties still being used? I would love to see big money thrown that way but I don't know if it will happen. Our new district over here really helped us in the playoff scenario. I know Cannon didn't get much help. Good luck in the future

Haven't heard anything from you on the defensive coordinator so here is another question? What is the off season conditioning or weight lifting focusing on, increasing strength or working on speed and agility with weight ligfting being more of a maintenance item verses building bulk.... It seems the head coach looks for more speed and tempo in his offensive style than pure strength on strength....

Maximal strength is only one macrocycle in our conjugate periodization method. Peaking our absolute power output in August is our primary goal. We go through phases of alternating weight, set/rep combos, and varying intensities. all of our core excercises are paired with their appropriate auxiallry lift or plyometric excercise. this is not a new approach to sport-specific training. we are progressing smoothly along. i am very proud of our team. we had 75% pass our functional strength test. which means they may begin to lift progressively heavier weights. we had four kids score a perfect 21. for the kids who did not pass they will continue to correct balance and technique defiencies. some kids are just not ready for heavy weights yet. through firsthand knowledge i understand what can happen if your form and technique are off, even in the slightest bit. on our non-lift days we are working on improving our footwork and form running. no long distance and not much speed for now. we are becoming incredibly more flexible, and will be starting our dietary program soon.

Certainly, stop by the fieldhouse and I'll show you a few types of plyo exercises. I would enjoy meeting you. You seem very interested in Cannon Co athletics. This community need more of that. So I encourage you to stop by the fieldhouse anytime. Send me a message so as to keep your anonymity in place. http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometric.html or search it on wikipedia for all the medical jargon. In short, plyos are used to supplement weightlifting in the accumulation of quick twitch(power generating) muscle fibers.

Certainly, stop by the fieldhouse and I'll show you a few types of plyo exercises. I would enjoy meeting you. You seem very interested in Cannon Co athletics. This community need more of that. So I encourage you to stop by the fieldhouse anytime. Send me a message so as to keep your anonymity in place. http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometric.html or search it on wikipedia for all the medical jargon. In short, plyos are used to supplement weightlifting in the accumulation of quick twitch(power generating) muscle fibers.

Or you can just google it and get tons and tons of varying ideas, all of which are safe and fairly easy to incorporate. I was wondering though, how are you gonna pull off the diet thing? It is a major issue with lots of high school kids. However, I don't see you going home with these kids or buying their daily meals for them. . .

This is a completly voluntary thing. The oppurtunity has been presented to them. If they want it, all they gotta do is come by my classroom and pick up a copy. Its pretty basic, nothing I'm doing here is rocket science. I'm trying to get them to pay a little more attention to what they are putting in their bodies. But I believe once a few begin to show results then perhaps others will follow. Any suggestions?

This is a completly voluntary thing. The oppurtunity has been presented to them. If they want it, all they gotta do is come by my classroom and pick up a copy. Its pretty basic, nothing I'm doing here is rocket science. I'm trying to get them to pay a little more attention to what they are putting in their bodies. But I believe once a few begin to show results then perhaps others will follow. Any suggestions?

Well balanced meals are the key IMO. Of course you need a healthy supply of protein. I for one and am big on carbs as well. I feel like carb loading is vital two days before a competition. And, of course, fruits and vegetables need to be there just the same. I'm quite sure you already knew this though. . . I was wondering if you incorporate any isometrics into your workouts.