Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Just a friendly reminder to all Alcoa Fans and Players.

Let's do our best too NOT leave Murfreesboro in such a mess as the last four years!

Let's hit even HARDER this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was this really necessary? Check where you are getting something from before you post it next time. Thats really not cool or funny.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, ya'll need to get off of BCS' back. He made a mistake, he realizes it (I'm sure), but he can't take it back. When I first saw the picture I actually thought it was of the Enterprise, Al. tornado that wiped out the high school and took the lives of 6 students. My in-laws' house was heavily damaged, the house beside it and in front of it were completely wiped out. The football field was also heavily damaged, their scoreboard was found in a neighboring town (who is also their rival). I heard several alumni comment that somebody needed to call them and tell them they want their scoreboard back.

I actually felt bad for BCS for using the picture; sometimes things are done in haste, but you can't take it back.

We all do things in bad judgement....he's explained where he got the picture, so leave it alone. Yes, a tornado can be deadly (I thought I was going to die in Spring Hill under the bleachers last year!), and it is a very dangerous thing.

But, come Friday night at MTSU, the bulldogs won't know what hit 'em!

And you're not gonna understand anything WE say until Friday night!

And then I predict the visitor sidelines at Floyd Stadium will look a little something like this....

OKay.......and how are we to take this???

I won't go there, BECAUSE I HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!

But this could be twisted up, shaked, baked, and rolled right back at you much worse than the Union pic.

I love you bulldog girl.

I realize this kind of violates a board rule but.... There is so much photoshopping and bantering back and forth on the other thread I could not find much conversation about the actual game. And, this is one of only 3 games taking place in this forum this week so there is not much board traffic. I find most of the photos in the other thread pretty funny but I would like to read the analytical posts without scrolling through 9 pages of photos and argument to find them.

As a Milan fan my biggest concern is the ability of our undersized line to block them up front. I was asked in the other thread what I thought about the TE situation with their Mr. Football. My opinion....I'm sure the O-line will be as it has all season. However if you start seeing Mr. Robinson in the backfield regularly I would expect Morris would move Postoak and Coleman accross and rotate them at TE. I think Avery will see most of the action at FB rather than Bledsoe. Avery is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 lbs heavier than Chris. In our Offense, we like to kick the end with the FB so that will be an interesting matchup.

It's hard to get a feel for a game when you've never seen a team. But, after talking to a few players and seeing a little film I think I may have an idea. Sounds like both teams have a lot of similarities, run a lot of the same schemes. Both teams play with great physicality. I could be completely wrong here but I believe it will be a low scoring game. Mistakes will be magnified in such a game. Both teams can ill afford penalties and turnovers. Special teams will be huge.

Looking forward to friday.

I really think Chris does a better job of blocking than Avery. Both for sure have their talents but it seems like Chris always gets his block and sometimes Avery may miss, probably because the rusher is too busy trying to avoid the big man. We will see some things this week we probably haven't seen all year. No reason to hold anything back now. Go gettem Bulldogs!!

Just a footnote of history that ties these two programs together.

Alcoa and Milan will be meeting for the first time ever this weekend. But both schools played and won their state championship games on a cold December day in 1977 at Alcoa.

The Tornadoes beat Lake County, 33-7 for the Class A title. It was Alcoa's first football championship and started their three-year run as Class A champions.

Then the Bulldogs beat Maryville, 28-6 for the Class AA title. It was Milan's second football championship.

Thought that was pretty neat.

Wow I remember that...it was cold and had been raining that week.

I realize this kind of violates a board rule but.... There is so much photoshopping and bantering back and forth on the other thread I could not find much conversation about the actual game. And, this is one of only 3 games taking place in this forum this week so there is not much board traffic. I find most of the photos in the other thread pretty funny but I would like to read the analytical posts without scrolling through 9 pages of photos and argument to find them.

As a Milan fan my biggest concern is the ability of our undersized line to block them up front. I was asked in the other thread what I thought about the TE situation with their Mr. Football. My opinion....I'm sure the O-line will be as it has all season. However if you start seeing Mr. Robinson in the backfield regularly I would expect Morris would move Postoak and Coleman accross and rotate them at TE. I think Avery will see most of the action at FB rather than Bledsoe. Avery is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 lbs heavier than Chris. In our Offense, we like to kick the end with the FB so that will be an interesting matchup.

It's hard to get a feel for a game when you've never seen a team. But, after talking to a few players and seeing a little film I think I may have an idea. Sounds like both teams have a lot of similarities, run a lot of the same schemes. Both teams play with great physicality. I could be completely wrong here but I believe it will be a low scoring game. Mistakes will be magnified in such a game. Both teams can ill afford penalties and turnovers. Special teams will be huge.

Looking forward to friday.

I:ve heard a lot of the same. Milan doesn't run a spread, veer, or wing t and all those offenses play into Aloca's strength on defense. Turnovers and time of possession will decide the winner of this one.

I had the priviledge of being the director of both those games, one of the hardest things i ever did was to run friends of mine out of the rest rooms betweem games. I was a young administrator, age 34 with four years experience as a high school principal and athletic director. I wish I could do it all over again. Clint Abbott

Hey Mr. Abbott didn't they bring in a helicopter to try and dry the field for the game?

You did it correctly my man. You are one of the best things ever at Alcoa, especially during decade after the merger of Hall/Alcoa. You were firm, fair and took NO sides regardless of race or socio-economic background. You made many of us what we are today------A Man. "Class of 84"

[/quote

I will amen that...As I look back -it had to be a pretty challenging job-class of 79

You know, ya'll need to get off of BCS' back. He made a mistake, he realizes it (I'm sure), but he can't take it back. When I first saw the picture I actually thought it was of the Enterprise, Al. tornado that wiped out the high school and took the lives of 6 students. My in-laws' house was heavily damaged, the house beside it and in front of it were completely wiped out. The football field was also heavily damaged, their scoreboard was found in a neighboring town (who is also their rival). I heard several alumni comment that somebody needed to call them and tell them they want their scoreboard back.

I actually felt bad for BCS for using the picture; sometimes things are done in haste, but you can't take it back.

We all do things in bad judgement....he's explained where he got the picture, so leave it alone. Yes, a tornado can be deadly (I thought I was going to die in Spring Hill under the bleachers last year!), and it is a very dangerous thing.

Absolutely aliastn. I know that it had to be a devastating tornado to stack the cars the way it showed. But, my intended use was "only" in a fun way. BUT, the environment is starting to get so edgy and politically correct, that ANYTHING can be taken wrong or misconstrued for disrespect. Teams that have Native American names are having to change in fear that SOMEONE will be offended. So, what is next? If people, continue to misconstrue intent, Does the Milan bulldogs need to change their mascot because many children has been attached by pit bulldogs? Does Alcoa need to change their mascot because tornadoes have kill people also? Where is it going to stop? There are states now that are starting to even put a politically correct positions on football, not allowing games to even keep scores, so no one gets their feeling hurt when their team losses. Where does all this madness come from? It comes from US! We need to lighten up.

I have posted on CoachT for 6 years on many threads, interfacing schools from around the state. But, I have to be honest, I have never seem a team or area like Milan, to be so edgy? Down right bitter for the typically high school bantering that has taken place on these boards for years? I looked forward to a match-up with another team besides Goodpasture, not that here was any thing wrong with GP, but just looked forward in playing a new team. My choice early on was Milan because of their tradition. But, it was not what I thought it would be, it has turned ugly. Not fun. I have clearly expressed my intent on a message board. An intent that would reflect and induce fierce but good matured spirit between the opposing teams. To all the Milan fans that know there I was coming from and DID have a sense of humor, Had fun! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> And good luck.

Git-R-done Aloca and Maryville! The beast from the EAST!

-BlountCountySportsFan

I've moved on, but some have not. I don't need an apology, but I think a sincere apology might go a long way in quieting some people. I understand that there was no malicious intent, but unforetunately that is what has happened. BCS in this case, I don't think they are whining. I think it really was hurtful. I know when I first looked at that picture I was all but certain that was my school. I was very mad for a minute too. Like I said, I calmed down, and thought there is no way he did it on purpose. At least I hope not. It's your business if you don't think you owe an apology, but forget about football for a couple of minutes and put yourself in their shoes. Then decide. Either wey I'm fine.