Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Absolutely aliastn. I know that it had to be a devastating tornado to stack the cars the way it showed. But, my intended use was "only" in a fun way. BUT, the environment is starting to get so edgy and politically correct, that ANYTHING can be taken wrong or misconstrued for disrespect. Teams that have Native American names are having to change in fear that SOMEONE will be offended. So, what is next? If people, continue to misconstrue intent, Does the Milan bulldogs need to change their mascot because many children has been attached by pit bulldogs? Does Alcoa need to change their mascot because tornadoes have kill people also? Where is it going to stop? There are states now that are starting to even put a politically correct positions on football, not allowing games to even keep scores, so no one gets their feeling hurt when their team losses. Where does all this madness come from? It comes from US! We need to lighten up.

I have posted on CoachT for 6 years on many threads, interfacing schools from around the state. But, I have to be honest, I have never seem a team or area like Milan, to be so edgy? Down right bitter for the typically high school bantering that has taken place on these boards for years? I looked forward to a match-up with another team besides Goodpasture, not that here was any thing wrong with GP, but just looked forward in playing a new team. My choice early on was Milan because of their tradition. But, it was not what I thought it would be, it has turned ugly. Not fun. I have clearly expressed my intent on a message board. An intent that would reflect and induce fierce but good matured spirit between the opposing teams. To all the Milan fans that know there I was coming from and DID have a sense of humor, Had fun! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> And good luck.

Git-R-done Aloca and Maryville! The beast from the EAST!

bcs just dont worry about it most know what it was u just cant pls some people on here i have seen it time and time again it did strike a nerve in me when i first seen it but then i put myself in ur situation and thought would i know without researching and doing all that for one that it was jackson and then exacly how close it is to milan im sure u all have something similiar i dont know how big alcoa is but i would think if u are a small town there has to be something close to u that say someone like me could hear or see the name and not know how close it is but thats just my take on it ive been enjoying all the pics from both sides but thats just me

-BlountCountySportsFan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely aliastn. I know that it had to be a devastating tornado to stack the cars the way it showed. But, my intended use was "only" in a fun way. BUT, the environment is starting to get so edgy and politically correct, that ANYTHING can be taken wrong or misconstrued for disrespect. Teams that have Native American names are having to change in fear that SOMEONE will be offended. So, what is next? If people, continue to misconstrue intent, Does the Milan bulldogs need to change their mascot because many children has been attached by pit bulldogs? Does Alcoa need to change their mascot because tornadoes have kill people also? Where is it going to stop? There are states now that are starting to even put a politically correct positions on football, not allowing games to even keep scores, so no one gets their feeling hurt when their team losses. Where does all this madness come from? It comes from US! We need to lighten up.

I have posted on CoachT for 6 years on many threads, interfacing schools from around the state. But, I have to be honest, I have never seem a team or area like Milan, to be so edgy? Down right bitter for the typically high school bantering that has taken place on these boards for years? I looked forward to a match-up with another team besides Goodpasture, not that here was any thing wrong with GP, but just looked forward in playing a new team. My choice early on was Milan because of their tradition. But, it was not what I thought it would be, it has turned ugly. Not fun. I have clearly expressed my intent on a message board. An intent that would reflect and induce fierce but good matured spirit between the opposing teams. To all the Milan fans that know there I was coming from and DID have a sense of humor, Had fun! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> And good luck.

-BlountCountySportsFan

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that you don't get it. These people aren't upset because of political correctness. They are upset because they know people who will never be the same because of that very picture. That tornado did about $40 million in damages to Union alone. That is our back door. There is still a lot of healing going on from that night. Surely you must understand that.

And Milan fans, let's move on. I am growing very tired of all the bickering. I apologize for any role I had in any of the bickering on this thread. Can we please!!! bet back to the game?

You know, ya'll need to get off of BCS' back. He made a mistake, he realizes it (I'm sure), but he can't take it back. When I first saw the picture I actually thought it was of the Enterprise, Al. tornado that wiped out the high school and took the lives of 6 students. My in-laws' house was heavily damaged, the house beside it and in front of it were completely wiped out. The football field was also heavily damaged, their scoreboard was found in a neighboring town (who is also their rival). I heard several alumni comment that somebody needed to call them and tell them they want their scoreboard back.

I actually felt bad for BCS for using the picture; sometimes things are done in haste, but you can't take it back.

We all do things in bad judgement....he's explained where he got the picture, so leave it alone. Yes, a tornado can be deadly (I thought I was going to die in Spring Hill under the bleachers last year!), and it is a very dangerous thing.

But, come Friday night at MTSU, the bulldogs won't know what hit 'em!

I remember that game well. I was one of the people who thought the rain would let up, then the lights went out. My wallet is still wet from my sprint to the car in that mess.

-BlountCountySportsFan

So I know I probably took the tornado picture a little far, but I reacted on knee jerk reactions, based upon the whole thread from the start of the week. Anyone who really knows me, knows I never back down from an argument, and won't back down until I get what I want. This somewhat satisfied me.

For what it's worth, I started the thread on the mascot situation. And no I don't think people should take them so literally. But the reason people do, is because ALOT of people Act before they Think. BCS I realize NOW that it wasn't malicious intent with the picture. But out of the MILLIONS of photographs on the internet, somehow you picked one that was in our own back yard. I hope even you could see why this lit the fuse for a some of us(me included).

Now in my opinion, Beau is one who will make a huge difference in this game. It seems to me, this kid can read the minds of quarterbacks. He's got 4 sacks, and 4 interceptions. So if Alcoa uses alot of passing game(not sure because I've not seen them this year), I think Beau will be a major advantage for us. He just seems to know where the ball is gonna go....

I still stand by my prediction....whoever scores first WINS!

GO DAWGS!

So I know I probably took the tornado picture a little far, but I reacted on knee jerk reactions, based upon the whole thread from the start of the week. Anyone who really knows me, knows I never back down from an argument, and won't back down until I get what I want. This somewhat satisfied me.

Now in my opinion, Beau is one who will make a huge difference in this game. It seems to me, this kid can read the minds of quarterbacks. He's got 4 sacks, and 4 interceptions. So if Alcoa uses alot of passing game(not sure because I've not seen them this year), I think Beau will be a major advantage for us. He just seems to know where the ball is gonna go....

I still stand by my prediction....whoever scores first WINS!

GO DAWGS!

interesting strategy have we failed to not score first yet this yr i really cant remember

nevermind i think h town scored first that first game of the yr but i could be wrong

Hey Mr. Abbott didn't they bring in a helicopter to try and dry the field for the game?

Alcoafan72- We brought a helicopter in from the Air National Guard and the field was rolled with a tractor for several hours, actually the playing surface was pretty good. The night before Coach John Tucker came to me and asked, "Where are we going to play?" The field looked like a barnyard.

Bulldawggirl, we all like to argue, trust me. About the post regarding football, Alcoa is not pass heavy at all. We like to run, then run, and run some more. Our passes are usually screens, but we usually test the deep ball too and see if it is there. If you don't respect the deep threat Sam Thompson will be going the distance. If you miss tackling Sam on the screens he gets good YAC. Our running threat is simple. Tyson is big so he just goes head on but his hip movements are good for such a big guy (I still can't believe he is only a Sophomore). Toney is shifty. He makes people miss and if he can get a few to miss his speed kills in a foot race. I hope to see some new names at WR show up Friday and do something. I hear a lot about #4, he is tall and fast, but he has yet to make a major impact. Also only a sophomore. The key to this game is our defense. If they can hold Milan to 14 I am confident that over the course of 48 minutes our offense can score enough to win. We need to drive first and score immediately in Alcoa fashion so that the first step in the mental war is underway. Milan to have a chance would have to respond with the same resolve. If Milan scores first I don't count Alcoa out yet. In fact I am not sure when I would count them out. Our defense will be ready, and our offense will too. The hotel rooms are booked my car is at maximum capacity and I am ready to go Friday and see some football.

I really want to see the Maryville game but the SEC championship is then as well, and the guy I am coming with bleeds Crimson, the other Orange and Blue.

interesting strategy have we failed to not score first yet this yr i really cant remember

nevermind i think h town scored first that first game of the yr but i could be wrong

I think you're right. And the key to this is really gonna be, who gets the ball first. If we get it, I think if we come out at them fast and hard, we'll get the score. If we try to lolligag and UP THE MIDDLE, they'll stop us.

If Alcoa gets the ball first, our D BETTER be ready and Williams and Coleman better drive 'em to the ground fast. Kinda like with Mr. Cunningham last week. I must say IMPRESSIVE for him to hit the grass as soon as he got the ball on his first run of the night last week. Set the tone for the whole game. And I think this will be the same way.

I know Alcoa is intimidating, but I think, if you can use a little reverse psychology and start to get in their head, we can break down some of their game. But I'm not sure because I've again not seen them this year.

Bulldawggirl, we all like to argue, trust me. About the post regarding football, Alcoa is not pass heavy at all. We like to run, then run, and run some more. Our passes are usually screens, but we usually test the deep ball too and see if it is there. If you don't respect the deep threat Sam Thompson will be going the distance. If you miss tackling Sam on the screens he gets good YAC. Our running threat is simple. Tyson is big so he just goes head on but his hip movements are good for such a big guy (I still can't believe he is only a Sophomore). Toney is shifty. He makes people miss and if he can get a few to miss his speed kills in a foot race. I hope to see some new names at WR show up Friday and do something. I hear a lot about #4, he is tall and fast, but he has yet to make a major impact. Also only a sophomore. The key to this game is our defense. If they can hold Milan to 14 I am confident that over the course of 48 minutes our offense can score enough to win. We need to drive first and score immediately in Alcoa fashion so that the first step in the mental war is underway. Milan to have a chance would have to respond with the same resolve. If Milan scores first I don't count Alcoa out yet. In fact I am not sure when I would count them out. Our defense will be ready, and our offense will too. The hotel rooms are booked my car is at maximum capacity and I am ready to go Friday and see some football.

I really want to see the Maryville game but the SEC championship is then as well, and the guy I am coming with bleeds Crimson, the other Orange and Blue.

ok just a ? what if its a shootout do u think this alcoa offense can keep up in a track meet not saying it will happen just a ? just trying to get a feel for friday night cant wait