4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

papa chaos very nice post you did there, Hillsoro's defense has been playing there best since the playoffs lately since we got a bunch of injured players back. Got alot of speed back. i don't think either team will reach the 30 point mark cause both teams play GREAT D. Still i wouldn't be suprised if i see one of the teams reach the 30 point mark. Both teams are very capable of putting big time points up. I think the underdog team in Hillsboro will win this game, but what do I know i'm a Hillsboro fan.....

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support boski, but with all due respect, I'm not so sure I like the fact that you are supporting HHS in this game....Seems like whatever team gets boksi's vote of confidence ends up losing. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Btw, I haven't seen anything but class and respect from the entire Maryville community. Like I have said before, the only thing I dislike about Maryville is:

2001, 2002, 2006 4A State Championship games. It's a simple frustration over how good they have been and how close HHS has been.

well im going on what i have seen ...i was there last year at the burro so they(fans) rubbed me the wrong way serious .. it goes beyond football ..thats my opinion and im sticking to it, yours may and should be different than mine and thats fine ..... lol no thats not the case if you lose its because you didnt show up ..like the rest of the teams that went down b4 ..they just didnt play their best game ..and my friend thats not my fault .. i can talk for them but i cant play for them .. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you guys played a good game against HC ..i was impressed ..heck i didnt know your QB went down until the next day ..he didnt skip a beat.

Question (and don't get snippy, I'm just trying to converse): What percent of your football players do you estimate have attended only public schools in your county since Kindergarten? HHS and Maryville may answer.

Snippy Is a Henry co. fan on here trying to talk about where Maryville kids attended Kindergarten . Get over it , your team Is not there tommorow , I hope you enjoyed all of your running clocks this year . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Boski,

You would not know what class was if it hit you head on. I believe you have a sevier medical problem. A nerve in your rear end is crossed with a nerve in your eyes which means you can't see for crap!

Rebel9

i may not be able to see crap ..but i can sure smell trash. getting it twisted can get you lifted ...when you figure that out ..u come see me. then we will talk about class. now scoot along lil fellow ...go fetch some fire wood ..or something.

Question (and don't get snippy, I'm just trying to converse): What percent of your football players do you estimate have attended only public schools in your county since Kindergarten? HHS and Maryville may answer.

Usually when I see these kinds of questions, there is usually some sort of agenda. I can tell you this, 100% of our players attend Maryville High School.

My thoughts. Very impressive and outstanding analysis. The only problem I see is that any reference to HHS not having the best coaches will cause much gnashing of teeth on their part.

I hope no offense will be taken at that opinion. I certainly mean no disrespect to the HHS coaching staff. The only person on that staff I'm familiar with at all is Coach Blade, and I have the utmost respect for him. Having said that, I feel strongly that I would be remiss in my judgment to not favor the 4 time defending state champion coaching staff that convincingly won the only head to head matchup they have had with Coach Blade and the staff he brought with him on that day.

well im going on what i have seen ...i was there last year at the burro so the rubbed me the wrong way serious .. it goes beyond football ..thats my opinion and im sticking to it, yours may and should be different thatn mine and thats fine ..... lol no thats not the case if you lose its because you didnt show up ..like the rest of the teams that went down b4 ..they just didnt play their best game ..and my friend thats not my fault .. i can talk for them but i cant play for them .. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you guys played a good game against HC ..i was impressed ..heck i didnt know your QB went down until the next day ..he didnt skip a beat.

I guess by being rubbed the wrong way , you mean Maryville branded a big" L " on your team's rear end ... right Boski ??!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously , I could care less what you think about Maryville having Class ... seeing as how you don't have a clue what that means .

papa chaos very nice post you did there, Hillsoro's defense has been playing there best since the playoffs lately since we got a bunch of injured players back. Got alot of speed back. i don't think either team will reach the 30 point mark cause both teams play GREAT D. Still i wouldn't be suprised if i see one of the teams reach the 30 point mark. Both teams are very capable of putting big time points up. I think the underdog team in Hillsboro will win this game, but what do I know i'm a Hillsboro fan.....

I will be surprised if either team reaches 30. This is not the most potent offense Maryville has fielded during this run by any stretch of the imagination. This group is meticulous, but less explosive. It is quite a departure from some of the things we've seen GQ run in the past. However, it is still very effective but less likely to break big numbers against a stout defense.

Likewise, I've not see too many offenses in my years watching high school ball that I think would hang 30 on this defensive group under coach Gaylor.

I'll say that if either team scores 30, that team wins.

I hope no offense will be taken at that opinion. I certainly mean no disrespect to the HHS coaching staff. The only person on that staff I'm familiar with at all is Coach Blade, and I have the utmost respect for him. Having said that, I feel strongly that I would be remiss in my judgment to not favor the 4 time defending state champion coaching staff that convincingly won the only head to head matchup they have had with Coach Blade and the staff he brought with him on that day.

I certainly take no offense and agree your post is respectfully submitted, but BurroBall may pop a vessel.

Is where I'm leading not valid?

Gee , we've never seen your type before .... a fan from a team that didn't even make it crying and complaining about the team that did . You and Boski just go ahead and get in line to the "Maryville Haters Club " ! After 74 games in a row the line is very , very long with losers that try to take away from another team's accomplishments in any way they can , since they failed to do it on the field . You don't see the Hillsboro fans doing this because their team has had tradition and success , the haters are usually from the teams who couldn't get it done . The more the haters cry , the more I enjoy Maryville winning , so thanks guys .

btw , even If Maryville loses tomorrow , I'll still be a happy camper , because Maryville has accomplished more than the haters teams could ever even imagine .

I'm not sure I understand your question...especially after reading Soloman's response. I would believe that closer to 95-100% have attended public school's if they have lived in Blount County. However, Maryville is a growing city and many families are moving in for various reasons....I have no way of knowing if they attended private or public prior to living in Maryville. Maryville is basically no longer accepting tuition due to overcrowding. The only new tuition students this year were teacher's kids...and that is required by state law. If you are asking about students that entered Maryville City Schools in middle school or high school just to play football I would say very few because they could not get in unless they moved inside the city....we can't control that. The only starters that I can think of that are tuition students are the Mccoy brothers and they started in before middle school for the academics. In the past, we had a lot more tuition that started in high school for athletics....but not so in the past 5-8 years.