franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

Now comes the real hard part. Getting ready for next season with a LARGE target squarely on your back and everyone in the state gunning for you.

Winning the gold ball is a double edged sword. While it makes you the top team in the state, it also brings out jelousy and envy in others. You either step up and prepare for it or you fall back. With the coaches you have I do not see much falling back and I will bet they are already planning for next season. You will have other distractions in that other schools will come after your coaching staff trying to recruit them. You will also have players from other schools trying to come there and be a part of a WINNING program. With this will come accusations of recruiting and other BS charges. You will also have YOUR fans expecting an automatic repeat. Tough thing to do nowadays in 5A, much less in the mess that will be 6A this year as the rules about who will and will not make the playoffs are NOT set in stone by the TSSAA.

Again Congratulations Oakland because you DID win the big game, and good luck in the up coming season.

Players one piece of advice, while the coaches are letting you have this time off, take it on yourself to get in the weight room and work!

TELL ME ABOUT IT people used to hate us but now even 2P likes us that means we arent winning or we are no longer a threat you are going to get a lot of haters now that you are winning personally i wish people hate us because we was usually had a shot to bring home the gold ball

I personally welcome the big target and the haters that winning the gold ball comes with. Oakland was doubted all year long, yet proved everyone wrong in the process. Only approval the football teams needs is its fan base cheering them on.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TELL ME ABOUT IT people used to hate us but now even 2P likes us that means we arent winning or we are no longer a threat you are going to get a lot of haters now that you are winning personally i wish people hate us because we was usually had a shot to bring home the gold ball

2P never hated R'dale, he did however have a severe dislike for ONE coach that is no longer here. I understand it was mainly because of an OFF field incident about how the coach treated his OWN players.

The thing that bothers me is the amount of teams that now want us for their Homecoming game. Sadly the hate has turned to laughter.

When even LaVergne looks forward to taking a shot at you, things HAVE gone bad!

I DO agree that injuries need to heal and would be the last one on here to say the kids need to endanger themselves, BUT that does NOT mean they have to lay around watching the grass grow either! Most GOOD coaches know this also and will help the kids stay strong without risking further injury to the injured part.

Congrats to Oakland.

2P, I know I haven't been on here in a loooong time, but I'm really happy for you guys, and proud of your team. They represented 4-5A and Rutherford County tremendously.

Aaaaand... I'm proud that my Blue Devils were the only team to beat OHS this year. Without the injury bug I think we could have made some noise...ah well.

Enjoy, Patriots! I'll miss my boys coming to the 'Boro next year.

BnB