franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

I guess they got robbed every time that Oakland ran the ball in the final 7 minute drive and Franklin could not stop them. Franklin is a good team. They fought hard and came back to tie the game. But in the end it was the Oakland linemen that moved the line of scrimmage every down in the final drive. There was no finesse in that drive. Two tight ends and all of the backs were in the backfield. Franklin simply did not have the pounds on the line to stop Oakland. Be a good sport. Franklin lost. I would bet you any amount of money that TSSAA does nothing with any complaint that you have other than get the paper and place it into the trash. The good news is that every team is undefeated in 2009 at this time. Maybe they will play again.

Great quote.Congrats to the team, and also to Trevor.My son played soccer with him years ago when his father was coaching the team.Good times then, and now they compete against each other in football.Again, congrats to all the Oakland boys and coaches, because I know a few of you guys as well.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to bring it up again...I just watched the video of the game....FRANKLIN GOT ROBBED!!!!! (numerous times) How can you not see it........Oh well....too late and congrats to Oakland.

TSSAA will be getting a complaint from me.

franklin got robbed????? oakland had two touchdowns called back.....who got robbed? take your complaint to the TSSAA you whining crybaby. then just shut up!!!

franklin got robbed????? oakland had two touchdowns called back.....who got robbed? take your complaint to the TSSAA you whining crybaby. then just shut up!!!

Geez, I hope you aren't one of our players. There is no need to be so vicious. Obviously they are still hurting in Franklin and need to let off some steam. Be the better man here.....besides I just remember one TD coming back. That was the one that Precious scored b/c of the holding.

Geez, I hope you aren't one of our players. There is no need to be so vicious. Obviously they are still hurting in Franklin and need to let off some steam. Be the better man here.....besides I just remember one TD coming back. That was the one that Precious scored b/c of the holding.

I think anyone from Oakland deserves to let of a little steam, after pretty much no one took Oakland seriously all year long/

I think anyone from Oakland deserves to let of a little steam, after pretty much no one took Oakland seriously all year long/

yes i am letting off some steam myself. we won the game that is it period, end of story. and i do have the right to vent. my son played for the moron oakland previously had for a coach. we suffered through his ignorance. amazing the difference a coach can make.

Now comes the real hard part. Getting ready for next season with a LARGE target squarely on your back and everyone in the state gunning for you.

Winning the gold ball is a double edged sword. While it makes you the top team in the state, it also brings out jelousy and envy in others. You either step up and prepare for it or you fall back. With the coaches you have I do not see much falling back and I will bet they are already planning for next season. You will have other distractions in that other schools will come after your coaching staff trying to recruit them. You will also have players from other schools trying to come there and be a part of a WINNING program. With this will come accusations of recruiting and other BS charges. You will also have YOUR fans expecting an automatic repeat. Tough thing to do nowadays in 5A, much less in the mess that will be 6A this year as the rules about who will and will not make the playoffs are NOT set in stone by the TSSAA.

Again Congratulations Oakland because you DID win the big game, and good luck in the up coming season.

Players one piece of advice, while the coaches are letting you have this time off, take it on yourself to get in the weight room and work!

yes i am letting off some steam myself. we won the game that is it period, end of story. and i do have the right to vent. my son played for the moron oakland previously had for a coach. we suffered through his ignorance. amazing the difference a coach can make.

Kids have a way of exhibiting the same kind of attitude that their parents teach them......therein probably lies the problem here.

It would be nice to see us be GRACIOUS winners who don't have to resort to derogatory or insulting remarks. But it seems like we are going to get the same kind of rep that Riverdale had.

Oh well, I am used to being in the minority.

Kids have a way of exhibiting the same kind of attitude that their parents teach them......therein probably lies the problem here.

It would be nice to see us be GRACIOUS winners who don't have to resort to derogatory or insulting remarks. But it seems like we are going to get the same kind of rep that Riverdale had.

Oh well, I am used to being in the minority.

2P you are being very narrow minded to lump everyone from Riverdale into the same boat. Be very careful how you make blanket statements concerning all.

Players one piece of advice, while the coaches are letting you have this time off, take it on yourself to get in the weight room and work!

I disagree and so will many trainers, doctors, and coaches. High School athletes see alot of injuries come about because of overuse and burn out. It would be wise for all athletes to take some time off and let the body recuperate before starting back in the weight room. I rather a player lose a little strength for the sake of safety.

2P you are being very narrow minded to lump everyone from Riverdale into the same boat. Be very careful how you make blanket statements concerning all.

riverdaleman, Lost Old Dad, Strengthandhonor, tdntn,Lastonetoknow, and the rest of the regulars know I am not speaking of them. I am meaning the scores of folk who came on here running their mouths and ones that the old =timers had to force off here. They KNOW who I am talking about. The old timers were always quick to appluad players from other programs and to encourage struggling programs. I think that is the kind of attitude that we would want to reflect at OHS. I could be wrong and am sure others will think I am wayyyyyyyyyyyy too old school in my thinking. It wouldn't be the first time.

I disagree and so will many trainers, doctors, and coaches. High School athletes see alot of injuries come about because of overuse and burn out. It would be wise for all athletes to take some time off and let the body recuperate before starting back in the weight room. I rather a player lose a little strength for the sake of safety.

TSSAA mandates that players have to take 2 weeks off at the completion of their season . After that, I would say that they need to work out to keep the strength they gained during season and to add more to it, esp the linemen.

TSSAA mandates that players have to take 2 weeks off at the completion of their season . After that, I would say that they need to work out to keep the strength they gained during season and to add more to it, esp the linemen.

Actually they mandate 3 weeks. All the articles I have read said athletes need to take 2 to 3 months off throughout the year. They get 2 weeks in July, so they need to take 1 month to 2 month break once the season ends to recuperate the body. Your body will quickly regain what you had during the season, plus you will be refreshed for the next season. Let's not risk the athletes future.

Avoid Overuse Injuries

TELL ME ABOUT IT people used to hate us but now even 2P likes us that means we arent winning or we are no longer a threat you are going to get a lot of haters now that you are winning personally i wish people hate us because we was usually had a shot to bring home the gold ball