Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

i'm not taking anything away fron #44, but the def. mvp went exactly where it sould have. if you think he was just fortunate, then you're more than wrong. the kid made two diving to the ground interceptions and one was when jb was driving very close to the endzone. maybe not the best passes but, give credit where it's due that db did exacty what he was coached to do and it payed off X 2. chalking that up to luck or just being "fortunate" is quite insulting. you don't see any trousdale fans saying "aww...16 tackles, there where probably a few blown blocks on him or he was just the first one the stat man saw get off the pile." give credit where it's due. both played top notch ball, A. DILLION was the "game changer" and he deserved every bit of what he got. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

10/4 on that one DOC.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mike, I wish your Son the best of luck next year and I look foward to seeing you and Trey next year also. LK starts tomorrow getting ready for next year. It seems like a long time away but it will be here before we know it.

reddevil 44 your kid is a heck of a ball player any colleges lookin at him yet? he better work hard this offseason

Congratulations to TC, and to JB, great season!! You made all of us proud to be in your region! To all my coacht football friends, I've enjoyed posting with all of you, and hope to meet everyone sometime in the future. *sigh* Guess I'll switch to the basketball boards. I'll be glad when baseball and softball get here. Go Rockets!

Man I know it me and my ol buddy was talking about the same thing on the way home.No more football on Fri nights I am can't hardly wait for spring practice.I guess we could go roll that Putz butchies yard lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just kidding.

LOL, Bring It On You Putz, LOL. I Made It As Far As Dickson And My Travel Partner Started Having Chest Pains. Spent Most Of The Night At Dickson Hospital. But They Released Him, And He Traveled Home With His Wifey. I Listened To The Game On My Blackberry. It Seemed I Missed A Good Un. I Was Hoping To Get There Early And Meet Some Of You Fellow Smack Talkers But It Was To No Avail. Congrats To Both Teams. And On The Gold And Silver Balls. Mckenzie Moves To 2A Next Season. And Maybe I'll See Some Of You Then. Later, Butchie Doesn't Do Basketball, So I'll Be Vanquished Til Baseball. I Have Enjoyed This Season. Visiting Teams And Talking The Garbage Involved With Them. So Good Luck And See Ya When I See Ya.

Just now getting around to my postgame posting and all i can say is What A Game!!! I was a basket case for 3 quartetrs well my wife says i'm that all the time but i was worse than normal for three quarters. Jo Byrns moved the ball better on us than anyone all season bar none. We have faced some better defenses but as far as offenses yours was the best. Your oline is top notch they did some things to our front four that haven't been done all season and #44 is a hoss. He has very good feet and great vision. I made the prediction that we would win by two scores and that was based on the west being weaker the last couple of years but honestly i thought this game was very close and could have went either way. The muffed kickoff was huge as far as field position was concerned and things just kinda spiraled for the red devils after that. When our boys hold up those 4 fingers at the start of the fourth quarter that means it's time to step it up a notch and that's what they did. In closing i thought it was a very good game with two deserving teams. My hats off to Jo Byrns and wish you well in the future!!!

Now to the jackets way to go guys. I knew you could do it!!! To the seniors i have loved watching this group about as well as any thats came thru. I've been watching you fellas since you were in the 7th grade and i'm sure gonna miss it. Cunningham you are some kinda special you play with more intensity and heart than anyone i've ever known. I'm sure the underclassmen on some of the teams that we'll play next year are glad you'll be gone. You're the definition of the word Head hunter. Creigh Hall you're truly a team player and another one that'll give it everything you've got on every snap. You'll be deeply missed and very hard to replace. Austin Dillon you're a true under acheiver like in the movie Rudy your 5foot nothing a100 and nothing but play like your 7 foot 300 pounds and run a 4-2 40. You're always around the ball and always making plays. Jared White we've watched you grow as a kicker from just kicking exta points to taking over on the kickoffs to taking the punting duties. You've got better every year and i hope to watch you kick in college next year. I've said all year that you play on defense to and people didn't understand what i meant but it's simple you pin the other team deep either kicking off or punting. It gives the other team a long field to travel every possession that is huge. Tony Hood you started the year a little shaky i thought but man did you step it up as the season went on. Great Job Tony!!! Some of the unsung heroes Shane Johns,Kreig Story,Jeffrey Butcher and Justin Harris. Shane you played tough as nails when you got your chance and was a huge lift coming off the bench. Kreig you started it ain't no telling how many games in a row at offensive tackle always pacing the sideline when we were on defense. You were a good show just watching you for the past four years. Butcher i remember when you broke your finger at RBS a couple years ago it was laying over on the side and you came out got it taped up and went right back in. Your a tough competitor and will be surely missed. Justin Harris your playing time has been minimal but players like you are crucial to the success of a championship team. Sure you may not have your name called that much on friday night but who makes those players better in practice mondat thru thursday. To all the seniors good luck in the future. Take what you've learned the last four years of being a jacket and put it to use in your everyday life. The work ethic and winning attitude will take you as far in life as you want to go. Underclassmen it's time to get back to work these boys have set the bar high so you have the job of keeping it going. Great job Jackets!!!!!!!!

Just now getting around to my postgame posting and all i can say is What A Game!!! I was a basket case for 3 quartetrs well my wife says i'm that all the time but i was worse than normal for three quarters. Jo Byrns moved the ball better on us than anyone all season bar none. We have faced some better defenses but as far as offenses yours was the best. Your oline is top notch they did some things to our front four that haven't been done all season and #44 is a hoss. He has very good feet and great vision. I made the prediction that we would win by two scores and that was based on the west being weaker the last couple of years but honestly i thought this game was very close and could have went either way. The muffed kickoff was huge as far as field position was concerned and things just kinda spiraled for the red devils after that. When our boys hold up those 4 fingers at the start of the fourth quarter that means it's time to step it up a notch and that's what they did. In closing i thought it was a very good game with two deserving teams. My hats off to Jo Byrns and wish you well in the future!!!

Now to the jackets way to go guys. I knew you could do it!!! To the seniors i have loved watching this group about as well as any thats came thru. I've been watching you fellas since you were in the 7th grade and i'm sure gonna miss it. Cunningham you are some kinda special you play with more intensity and heart than anyone i've ever known. I'm sure the underclassmen on some of the teams that we'll play next year are glad you'll be gone. You're the definition of the word Head hunter. Creigh Hall you're truly a team player and another one that'll give it everything you've got on every snap. You'll be deeply missed and very hard to replace. Austin Dillon you're a true under acheiver like in the movie Rudy your 5foot nothing a100 and nothing but play like your 7 foot 300 pounds and run a 4-2 40. You're always around the ball and always making plays. Jared White we've watched you grow as a kicker from just kicking exta points to taking over on the kickoffs to taking the punting duties. You've got better every year and i hope to watch you kick in college next year. I've said all year that you play on defense to and people didn't understand what i meant but it's simple you pin the other team deep either kicking off or punting. It gives the other team a long field to travel every possession that is huge. Tony Hood you started the year a little shaky i thought but man did you step it up as the season went on. Great Job Tony!!! Some of the unsung heroes Shane Johns,Kreig Story,Jeffrey Butcher and Justin Harris. Shane you played tough as nails when you got your chance and was a huge lift coming off the bench. Kreig you started it ain't no telling how many games in a row at offensive tackle always pacing the sideline when we were on defense. You were a good show just watching you for the past four years. Butcher i remember when you broke your finger at RBS a couple years ago it was laying over on the side and you came out got it taped up and went right back in. Your a tough competitor and will be surely missed. Justin Harris your playing time has been minimal but players like you are crucial to the success of a championship team. Sure you may not have your name called that much on friday night but who makes those players better in practice mondat thru thursday. To all the seniors good luck in the future. Take what you've learned the last four years of being a jacket and put it to use in your everyday life. The work ethic and winning attitude will take you as far in life as you want to go. Underclassmen it's time to get back to work these boys have set the bar high so you have the job of keeping it going. Great job Jackets!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TC--YOUR TRADITION IS WELL INTACT---JBS---GUYS WHAT A YEAR. SENIORS IF MY ADDING IS RIGHT IN 4 YEARS YOU WERE INVOLVED IN 55 GAMES. THAT IS LIKE PLAYING ANOTHER YEAR AND A HALF. 49 WINS IN THOSE 4 YEARS. SENIORS I SALUTE YOU. ALSO, I WANT TO SAY GREAT JOB TO THE COACHES.

reddevil 44 your kid is a heck of a ball player any colleges lookin at him yet? he better work hard this offseason

He doesn't have any looking at him that I know of. Hopefully this run that the Devils made this year will give him a little exposure. Lk is an extremely hard worker. He really worked hard last year on the weights during the offseason and continued right on through the season. His weight lifting really helped his game this year. Thank you for your compliment.

i'm not taking anything away fron #44, but the def. mvp went exactly where it sould have. if you think he was just fortunate, then you're more than wrong. the kid made two diving to the ground interceptions and one was when jb was driving very close to the endzone. maybe not the best passes but, give credit where it's due that db did exacty what he was coached to do and it payed off X 2. chalking that up to luck or just being "fortunate" is quite insulting. you don't see any trousdale fans saying "aww...16 tackles, there where probably a few blown blocks on him or he was just the first one the stat man saw get off the pile." give credit where it's due. both played top notch ball, A. DILLION was the "game changer" and he deserved every bit of what he got. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dillion played an outstanding game.

Just now getting around to my postgame posting and all i can say is What A Game!!!

Awww....SO glad you were able to get your CoachT problem taken care of!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Way to go, Jackets. It was cool to be able to watch on Comcast TV. I would have had no nails if I were in the 'Boro. That game was a nail-biter. What a great match these teams were.

Just a quick note to my friends at Jo Byrns. Ya'll had a great season and team this year. Sure I wish my Rebels had been there yesterday but, ya'll won the trip on the field and represented the west end well. I watched the game on TV and ya'll gave TC all they wanted for 3 quarters and should be proud of what you have done!!

Great game and great season Red Devils.

tha' duck

time for me to eat some crow, this was no blowout by any means. Jo Byrnes is a great football team who played well tonight, just didnt have enough. Sorry for doubting yall. congrats to TC on the win from Watertown. Way to represent the region. It makes it nice to know we got knocked out by the state champs.

I feel the same way /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="