Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

Be careful. There is supposed to be a three week dead period after last game. They can lift on their own. Make sure that is how it is set up. It could be only two weeks, but I think it is three. I was real impressed with JB. Don't take this post the wrong way. I would hate to see someone get in to trouble.

It is a 3 week dead period ,but I'd say these kids are working on their own . Probably somewhere other than the School . Sounds like these kids want a Gold ball to put beside the Silver one. They'll probably get it. I'll be pulling for um.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful. There is supposed to be a three week dead period after last game. They can lift on their own. Make sure that is how it is set up. It could be only two weeks, but I think it is three. I was real impressed with JB. Don't take this post the wrong way. I would hate to see someone get in to trouble.

Can't say I didn't learn anything today. Thanks for the heads up!

Weights are fine an good if you want a kid to look like someone on WWF Smackdown on Sat. Nite., But if that monster that you have created caint hold up for 4 qtrs, an you dont have a 40 point advantage by half time, You mite be sunk by halfway of the third.

Point being:

Conditioning will get you a lot more wins than stength. Then you mix these two together an you have TC's program.

When I refer to weight training I am talking about muscular strength and endurance, not just strength. I believe JBS is already a well conditioned team and that is not why they lost Friday IMHO.....

Yeah that is what I was thinking while reading this but as already stated I remember someone mentioning that they had been lifting somewhere else other than school. Also to answer Sheps question as far as waiting a couple of weeks; I say the sooner the better and if they are taking initiative and doing it on their own then that is even better.....

Pujo, thank you. Whats so good about our relationship is that we are best friends also. Pujo, I've had success and I've failed and I know the reasons for both. I am trying to teach him what it takes to be successful and I use my failures to encourage him to work harder. Pujo, there is a website called Bodybuilding.com. I have found a great deal of helpful information on this site. You can find almost any kind of conditioning or lifting program that you can think of here. My Son played 3 sports for several years and last year he decided he wanted to strictly dedicate himself to football. He has dreams of playing college football and I think if he continues to progress the way he has that he may get a look or two. I want to wish you the best of luck with your Son. He has a Dad who cares!

Sounds like you are well on your way to reaching your goals. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Kevin really impressed me ( as well as everyone else ). He moved the ball on us better than

anyone else we had faced. Barring any injuries ( and hopefully, that doesn't happen ), he should

get lots of looks from the next level. Bear in mind though, with the media exposure we get, it can

be tough. Our kicker, Jared White, after the career he has had, even with the Mr. Football Kicker,

East-West All Star Kicker, he still hasn't had any major interests, but it's still early yet, kickers

aren't at the top of the recruiting list.

We wish you the best. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sounds like you are well on your way to reaching your goals. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Kevin really impressed me ( as well as everyone else ). He moved the ball on us better than

anyone else we had faced. Barring any injuries ( and hopefully, that doesn't happen ), he should

get lots of looks from the next level. Bear in mind though, with the media exposure we get, it can

be tough. Our kicker, Jared White, after the career he has had, even with the Mr. Football Kicker,

East-West All Star Kicker, he still hasn't had any major interests, but it's still early yet, kickers

aren't at the top of the recruiting list.

We wish you the best. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thank you Grunt. He was hurt week 4 thru 10 and wasn't used very much on offense and became discouraged but healed up right at playoff time. Yes, it is hard for schools of our size to get attention for our athletes. I'm gonna be busy sending whatever info I can to some colleges, maybe some game film or something to attract some attention. Your kicker is very good and I think he will get some offers. I want to say that TC's line played every down like it was the last play they would ever play. I was always a firm believer that a one-dimensional team could not win a Championship. YOU PROVED ME WRONG!

Thank you Grunt. He was hurt week 4 thru 10 and wasn't used very much on offense and became discouraged but healed up right at playoff time. Yes, it is hard for schools of our size to get attention for our athletes. I'm gonna be busy sending whatever info I can to some colleges, maybe some game film or something to attract some attention. Your kicker is very good and I think he will get some offers. I want to say that TC's line played every down like it was the last play they would ever play. I was always a firm believer that a one-dimensional team could not win a Championship. YOU PROVED ME WRONG!

Well being an APSU alumn (graduate Dec.12) I am gonna start the recruiting right now. I would recommend pursuing a scholarship there; I know they are not the biggest/best program but he would have a great chance to play early and often. Also, the school is right down the road so catching games would be very convient even though I am sure you wouldnt mind driving to Egypt to watch him play. Finally I beleive the program is on the rise w/ the latest coach despite a disappointing season. Having said that, if he can get to a more prominent school by all means jump on it. The thing he will get at APSU will be a great chance to play and a college education. Good luck though however it works out, there is plenty of time to worry about all of that as there is still a season to play.....

Well being an APSU alumn (graduate Dec.12) I am gonna start the recruiting right now. I would recommend pursuing a scholarship there; I know they are not the biggest/best program but he would have a great chance to play early and often. Also, the school is right down the road so catching games would be very convient even though I am sure you wouldnt mind driving to Egypt to watch him play. Finally I beleive the program is on the rise w/ the latest coach despite a disappointing season. Having said that, if he can get to a more prominent school by all means jump on it. The thing he will get at APSU will be a great chance to play and a college education. Good luck though however it works out, there is plenty of time to worry about all of that as there is still a season to play.....

Kevin, the head coach there was the QB coach when I went to Peay. He is an awfully good guy and my Son likes the idea of attending Austin Peay for all the reasons you have listed. I have a Daughter who is a Freshmen there right now and I also believe they will turn it around in the next couple of years.

Kevin, the head coach there was the QB coach when I went to Peay. He is an awfully good guy and my Son likes the idea of attending Austin Peay for all the reasons you have listed. I have a Daughter who is a Freshmen there right now and I also believe they will turn it around in the next couple of years.

Yeah I like Coach Christophel as well and believe he will turn the program around. I will still be attending grad school here and it would be nice to see your son play here. I have a feeling they might play him on defense at LB or maybe even fullback on offenese. I personally would like for them to play him at TB and line him up 7 yards deep and run it down teams throat. Did you play at APSU, if so what position did you play?

Yeah I like Coach Christophel as well and believe he will turn the program around. I will still be attending grad school here and it would be nice to see your son play here. I have a feeling they might play him on defense at LB or maybe even fullback on offenese. I personally would like for them to play him at TB and line him up 7 yards deep and run it down teams throat. Did you play at APSU, if so what position did you play?

Kevin this is where my failures and regrets really started. I had 3 colleges looking at me. I made my visits to them and really felt at home at Austin Peay and really liked Watson Brown. I signed a scholarship to attend Austin Peay in the winter of 1981. Around June of the same year I received a call early in the morning and it was a reporter asking me what was I gonna do now that Brown had left Peay. I said "WHAT"! Needless to say I was in shock. I really think at that point I made up my mind I didn't want to play football anymore. To make a long story short, I went ahead and reported to Peay but never felt comfortable with the system. Two weeks in I walked off the practice field and never went back. To this day I regret that move.

Kevin this is where my failures and regrets really started. I had 3 colleges looking at me. I made my visits to them and really felt at home at Austin Peay and really liked Watson Brown. I signed a scholarship to attend Austin Peay in the winter of 1981. Around June of the same year I received a call early in the morning and it was a reporter asking me what was I gonna do now that Brown had left Peay. I said "WHAT"! Needless to say I was in shock. I really think at that point I made up my mind I didn't want to play football anymore. To make a long story short, I went ahead and reported to Peay but never felt comfortable with the system. Two weeks in I walked off the practice field and never went back. To this day I regret that move.

Well dont be to hard on yourself buddy; we have all made mistakes in the past and regret them at some point. I am sure it felt like the right thing to do at the time and when you are young you dont always think things all the way through. Atleast you learned from that situation and you can educate your son and lead him in the right direction. Also, I didnt mean to bring back bad memories by asking and I certaintly hope I was not prying by doing so.....

Well dont be to hard on yourself buddy; we have all made mistakes in the past and regret them at some point. I am sure it felt like te right thing to do at the time and when you are young you dont always think things all the way through. Atleast you learned from that situation and you can educate your son and lead him in the right direction. Also, I didnt mean to bring back bad memories by asking and I certaintly hope I was not prying by doing so.....

No Kevin, its water under the bridge now. Experience is a great teaching tool and I am using that to prepare LK metally and physically what to expect if he truly wants to play college football. It is a tremendous difference in 1a football and college football even at a smaller college. It goes from fun in high school to a business at the next level. You really have to love the game.