Jo Byrns vs Trousdale County

bigreid

Seems like that TC had a few rough years in the 2000's where I don't think that you can say they among the best in the state.

I think this is about the 21st year in a row that TC has made the playoffs. During Clint Satterfield's 24 years as head coach (which included 2000-2007 seasons), they won 239 games. Last year they had an off year; from what I understand they also had a lot of injuries. They still won 7 regular season games, and lost to SP (last year's state champ) 32-16. I saw that game, and SP was not sure of the WIN until sometime in the second half. I don't think they need to be too embarassed about how they have performed since 2000.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely put jacketfan. Do you have any history on the 1922 gold ball?

I wouldn't put much stock in CPR4u's comments.

Sorry i can't tell you nothing more than there's a picture of them on the wall at the jackets nest like all the other championship teams. That's about all i know about it. We have some pretty good historians Ole3putt might could help? GO JACKETS!!!!

Actually the best way to get respect is to give it to others. Belittling a team and fan base because this is the first time that they have accomplished something special shows that some of the TC fan base doesn't deserve the respect that their championships have earned. I used to think that TC in the past couldn't help the crazy scores that they beat people by but now I wonder

I can't believe that you are using posts on this thread to judge TC's coaching decisions, and scores in previous games. A whole lot of the posters who are praising TC on this thread are NOT from TC, and none of the posters (from TC or elsewhere) had anything to do with TC's scores against TC's previous opponents. What were you thinking?

Woooooo finally! Didn't think i was ever gonna sift thru all 61 pages of pure crap!!! I honestly have to say it was very entertaining. Cpr dude i honestly have to say i have never heard one person brag on there self like you do. You really love yourself don't ya? People will never have to worry about you getting lonely because your always around the only person in the world that really matters to you! YOURSELF!!!! Well enough of that now on to the game. No doubt JBS is a good football team or they wouldn't be in the championship game. With that being said do i think they can win sure. Anything can happen!! In my opinion will they win NO!! I say that meaning no disrespect i'm very proud that they made it this far and they need to take it all in. Trust me this is something they'll be proud of and cherish for a lifetime. I had the oppurtunity to play on a championship team in 90 and wouldn't trade that experience for no amount of money. I also like my friend, the sign maker that now resides in Portland, had the oppurtunity to play the red devils when they weren't so good back in 90. If my memory serves me right it was a nice environment for high school football and some very nice folks. I'm proud of your program coming from where you where then to where you are now. That is very commendable. I look for a good hard fought game but i honestly think my boys will just be to much for ya. I say Jackets by two scores. If i'm wrong i'll take my crow just like the rest of the jacket faithful and i guarantee you'll hear no excuses from me!! GO JACKETS!!!

As far as the 'running up the score crap'. I was at that game and that's as far from the truth as it goes. The youngons played almost all night and played hard as did the RBS boys. The RBS coaches need there head examined for some of the boneheaded moves they made that night but nothing but respect for the players at RBS from me. As far as your coach telling the youngons to lay down and not play. That's just wrong and stupid!!! Those youngons go to practice everyday and work hard year round. They finally get a chance to play and you don't letem. That's a crock! Up until this year we didn't play JV games so the underclassmen had no oppurtunity to see playing time unless it was in clean up duty. So the point is you've gotta let em play!!! It's not as disrespectful as laying down and playing dead.

Your a better man than me. I tried to read it, but got a headache around page 30. I'm going to be cleaning off the filth from the forum for the next week. We will be able to tell who has been on CoachT. Just look for the dirty looking ones. But Trousdale County has been around for a long, long time, and they have been winning nearly the entire time as well. No reason to see that changing. I only have one bit of advice for Jo Byrns and Trousdale County. Wear thick coats to the game. I'm trying to get one of those boxes above the first level if anyone wants to join me. I will have a heater there, and chili in a crock pot.

I believe this CPR guy might have a dislocated shoulder from patting himself on the back so much.

The only thing that CPR missed with his acute chemistry verbage was the addition of a poem done in verse of iambic pentameter....since you use the word "if" a lot...let me help you...I will add later your overuse of the pronoun "I".

"If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas"...............where is snoflake when you need him

I think CPR is upset that he never got the chance to play in a State Championship. I can understand, and I think we all can. Heck I'm still upset that I never got to play in a State Championship. But it is for certain that he has an ego bigger than that pink elephant in Guthrie. but we all have our ego in one area or another, his is just in football.

CPR anyone that played college football is a very special football player, no one can ever take that away from you.

but maybe you shouldn't wait to long to grow up.

Some of you have expressed dislike of and unbelief in polls. The polls aren't right because Jo Byrns is peaking at the end of the season. Polls don't matter; it all boils down to who wants it the most. Polls have been wrong before; (e.g., we beat X, X beat Y, and Y beat us).

First, let's look at Massey's predictions and actuals for some Alcoa games (provided by Rankinated2010 on another thread):

Predicted: Alcoa 29 Marion County 11

Actual: Alcoa 30 Marion County 14

Predicted: Alcoa 17 Maryville 22

Actual: Alcoa 17 Maryville 20

Predicted: Alcoa 31 CAK 9

Actual: Alcoa 28 CAK 7

Predicted: Alcoa 31 Milan 18

Actual: ??????????????/

Now, let's do the same for TC's playoff games:

Predicted Score: Trousdale County 49 Silverdale Baptist Academy 6

Predicted Margin of Victory = 43

Actual: Trousdale County 49 Silverdale Baptist Academy 6

Actual Margin of Victory = 43

Predicted Score: TC 34 Watertown 08

Preicted Margin of Victory = 26

Actual Score: TC 52 Watertown 14

Actual Margi of Victory = 38

Predicted Score: TC 29 South Pittsburg 24

Predicted Margin of Victory = 5

Actual Score: TC 13 South Pittsburg 06

Actual Margin of Victory = 7

Predicted: TC 28 Oneida 12

Predicted Margin of Victory = 16

Actual Score: TC 23 Oneida 10

Actual Margin of Victory = 13

Predicted: TC 27 Jo Byrns 11

Actual Score: TC ?? Jo Byrns ??

Actual Margin of Victory = ??

Now, the question is, should we go ahead and play the game, or should we just let Massey decide the 1A CHAMP?

Some of you have expressed dislike of and unbelief in polls. The polls aren't right because Jo Byrns is peaking at the end of the season. Polls don't matter; it all boils down to who wants it the most. Polls have been wrong before; (e.g., we beat X, X beat Y, and Y beat us).

First, let's look at Massey's predictions and actuals for some Alcoa games (provided by Rankinated2010 on another thread):

Predicted: Alcoa 29 Marion County 11

Actual: Alcoa 30 Marion County 14

Predicted: Alcoa 17 Maryville 22

Actual: Alcoa 17 Maryville 20

Predicted: Alcoa 31 CAK 9

Actual: Alcoa 28 CAK 7

Predicted: Alcoa 31 Milan 18

Actual: ??????????????/

Now, let's do the same for TC's playoff games:

Predicted Score: Trousdale County 49 Silverdale Baptist Academy 6

Predicted Margin of Victory = 43

Actual: Trousdale County 49 Silverdale Baptist Academy 6

Actual Margin of Victory = 43

Predicted Score: TC 34 Watertown 08

Preicted Margin of Victory = 26

Actual Score: TC 52 Watertown 14

Actual Margi of Victory = 38

Predicted Score: TC 29 South Pittsburg 24

Predicted Margin of Victory = 5

Actual Score: TC 13 South Pittsburg 06

Actual Margin of Victory = 7

Predicted: TC 28 Oneida 12

Actual Score: TC 23 Oneida 10

Actual Margin of Victory = 13

Predicted: TC 27 Jo Byrns 11

Actual Score: TC ?? Jo Byrns ??

Actual Margin of Victory = ??

Now, the question is, should we go ahead and play the game, or should we just let Massey decide the 1A CHAMP?

i vote we play to fill in the ??

i vote we play to fill in the ??

me to lets see what happens although massey wasnt as accurate w/ there predictions for jobyrns

maybe we r playing ball better than massey thinks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> just some candy for the sweet tooth /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and remember jb fans we proved murphy rite last week but we proved him wrong the week before.so put no real faith in predictions just focus that faith in our young warriors friday afternoon to do there jobs to the best of their ability.