Tarius Johnson (Liberty Tech)

nebuntyn

Tarius Johnson is nothing new to those of us in the Jackson area. I was posting about him all last season and some during this past AAU season. Johnson is VERY GOOD and looks to be a very solid upper tier mid major player. He is not as good a Casey Prather though.....not even close in my opinion. I have seen both play MANY times. Johnson is one of the top 10 to 15 players in his class though.

Tarius Johnson is a beast I watched him play about 4times last week in Memphis. I love this kid he is special. Remember my 1st line NOW!!!!

Tarius Johnson is not better than Casey Prather doa!!!! Not that far behind but Johnson is about a 7.5 and Prather is about a 8.8 on a scale of 10!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarius Johnson is a beast I watched him play about 4times last week in Memphis. I love this kid he is special. Remember my 1st line NOW!!!!

Tarius Johnson is not better than Casey Prather doa!!!! Not that far behind but Johnson is about a 7.5 and Prather is about a 8.8 on a scale of 10!!!!

Thats a pretty good assesment. Ive been watching Johnson since his sophmore 2007/2008 season (he didn't really play much as a frehman). He is very good and has a chance to be the best player to come out of Liberty. One thing about Johnson and all the Liberty kids is that they will NEVER be outhustled or outworked.....Johnson alos had a very good summer and his stock could very well rise after next summer. I think Prather is better than Joe Jackson and the number 1 player for the class of 2010.....kinda like I think Buckner is the top player for 2008/2009 even though some have McDonald and Jenkins Higher.

Thats a pretty good assesment. Ive been watching Johnson since his sophmore 2007/2008 season (he didn't really play much as a frehman). He is very good and has a chance to be the best player to come out of Liberty. One thing about Johnson and all the Liberty kids is that they will NEVER be outhustled or outworked.....Johnson alos had a very good summer and his stock could very well rise after next summer. I think Prather is better than Joe Jackson and the number 1 player for the class of 2010.....kinda like I think Buckner is the top player for 2008/2009 even though some have McDonald and Jenkins Higher.

Man I wish Northside and Liberty was playing Friday so I could go...Yankee Prather and J Jackson is a real close toss up. They both dominate their positons. Also I like T. Johnsons game. I saw him last year a couple of times but havent seen him this year. I heard he looked good last week

Man I wish Northside and Liberty was playing Friday so I could go...Yankee Prather and J Jackson is a real close toss up. They both dominate their positons. Also I like T. Johnsons game. I saw him last year a couple of times but havent seen him this year. I heard he looked good last week

Good point, all three of these kids are going to make some college coaches very happy!!!!!

Yea...the game tomorrow will be interesting...Liberty Tech will end up winning bc they have overall more talent that NS but Prather should have a good night like always!Wish I could see this one but I'm going to the Peabody @ Humboldt game lol...

Anybody know anything on this game??...know Liberty has the advantage with more athletes...just curious to here about how Johnson and Prather match up.

Prather had 41 and the score is correct. Prather played a great game and North Side was able to keep it close while Johnson and Ricky Williams were sidelined pretty much the whole first half due to foul trouble. Kendall Anthony played a great game for Liberty never coming out the whole time because so many others were in foul trouble.

Dang...he lit up!!! From what I understand this game was much closer in score than expected....am I correct????

Northside had the lead most of the game, being up i think 10 at one point in the second quarter. Very close at the end... NS got a steal and Prather had a 3pt shot at teh top of the key to tie it up with about 30 secs left but missed. Not saying refs were cheating or anything but Liberty had 10 fouls on them with about 2 mins left in teh FIRST QUARTER... yes, northside was in teh double bonus in the first quarter and did a very good job of making FT's.... of Prathers 41 pts 18- 20 were from teh Free-Throw line... i think he only missed two or three the whole night.... impressive in itself.

Northside has a few good players besides Prather and seemed like coach Brown really had them prepared extremely well. Liberty seemed a bit sluggish and uncharachteristically sluggish the first half.

T. Johnson is very good. I think he is just a shade under Prather but in response to what someone had said about Prather being bigger... Johnson is actually a little taller. I think if the roles were reversed and Johnson was teh MAIN (almost only for the past two years) option and Prather was surrounded by talent that the points and such would also be reversed....

could you imagine if Prather had chosen to go to liberty instead of NS!?!?!?!?.... would be 3 gold balls, if not this year then next year for sure when they go back to AA.

Anyway, good game just a little foul heavy which impeeded the flow and action of the game so it wasnt the up and down run/ gun/ press press i said FREAKKKINGGG PRESSSSSSSSSS that I expected or would have liked to have seen due to the fouls.