News from District 9-A

ecu

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't believe you are correct because the one seed is given a bye and the 2-4 are given a first round home game like last year. Isn't the TSSAA requiring this now for all tournaments?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't believe you are correct because the one seed is given a bye and the 2-4 are given a first round home game like last year. Isn't the TSSAA requiring this now for all tournaments?

The one seed is given a bye, but this year there will be no first round home games based on seeding unless something has changed or is changed before the tournament begins. It was determined that all games be played at the host school (Eagleville) and the requirements from TSSAA are in relation to the first round of the region tournament. There are very few things required by the TSSAA in relationship to how a district runs its tournament other than the fact that it must send 4 teams to the region tourney. In fact, if they so choose a district can just send its four top teams based on the regular season standing to the region. All seem to follow the same basic format, but it is not required.

Sorry, you are correct. They can only play two games per night unless it is on the weekend as required by TSSAA. Not really much purpose of having it at one site if you can't play more than two games. Should be a great tournament for boys and girls.

As with the girls this is going to be a great tournament. On any given night any of the top six could upset one another. Eagleville and Cascade appear to the top two with Community, MTCS, and Forrest not far behind. VB is young and very inconsistent but can beat some of the top teams. Boyd is the same as ever. Injuries may be the biggest factor down the stretch.

The stretch is packed with district games, so sorting it out will be tough right up to the end. The Eagleville-Community game will be a key indicator. My top 3 right now is Eagleville, Community and Cascade. MTCS is not really competitive when they don't have a pet ref in the game. VanB is a real wild card. they are overmatched in at least 2 positions in any combination all night; however, they have some players that are capable of dominating. Forrest is always well prepared, good guards and forwards but none are dominators, weak in the post, good team D but only one on-ball defender. Neither team should be able to beat the top 3 on any given night. (that's why we play the games right).

Just the way the schedule played out, kinda like Cascade/MTCS not playing until second semester. My family and I went to the MTCS/Cascade game the other night in the 'boro and WOW what a gym! Awesome facilities, I asked Coach Pope today about the rest of the place and he bragged on their locker-rooms and coaches officies. IT WAS NOT BEFORE IT WAS DUE. I think the top three are Cascade, Community and Eagleville in any order.

Everyone else has played each other in the round robin schedule except Community and Eagleville who will play twice in the second half of the schedule. Only four games were played before the Christmas break.

Looks like a three team race for 1st with Community, Cascade, and Eagleville. Forrest seems to be the 4th team but MTCS not far behind. Great race to the finish.