News from District 9-A

ecu

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cascade is now one win or Community loss from clinching 1st. Eagleville and Community are battling for 2nd. Community must sweep every game and Cascade lose both of its final two games to get 1st. Eagleville can't finish higher than 2nd due to the two losses to Cascade.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cascade is now one win or Community loss from clinching 1st. Eagleville and Community are battling for 2nd. Community must sweep every game and Cascade lose both of its final two games to get 1st. Eagleville can't finish higher than 2nd due to the two losses to Cascade.

Actually that is partly true. If Eagleville wins out, Cascade would still need to win one of their two remaining games to clinch first place whether Community loses or not.

Who wins between Forrest and Community? Should be close.

Forrest, Community and MTCS are all in the running for 3rd, 4th and 5th place.

Community - 5-4 - @ Eagleville, @ Cascade, VBC

Forrest - 5-5 - @ MTCS, Boyd

MTCS - 5-5 - Forrest, @ Cascade

Community controls their own destiny between the teams and needs 2 wins for the #3 spot.

Forrest should beat Boyd and with a win over MTCS would finish at 7-5 and hope that Community loses to Eagleville and Cascade for #3 outright.

MTCS needs wins over Forrest and Cascade and Community to lose 2 games for #3 outright.

It is possible that 2 of the three teams end up at 7-5 and possible that all of them end up at 6-6. 4 months of basketball could come down to a coin flip. 4 and 5 play each other in the first round, so #3 could be an important postition to get.

Any idea on how long Norris will be out?

I don't think it will come down to a coin flip. At lunch yesterday, Coach Pope told me that any tie break is first handled on how you did head to head and then they start with how you did against the #1 team, then #2, etc., and if all those tie-breaks are exhausted then they flip the coin. Community would have at least one tie-break over Forrest and possibly MTCS with their win over Cascade, they could have more if they come to Cascade and win Friday night. My cousin teaches at Community and said Norris was out at least until next week but who knows. Regardless Cascade and Community Friday night should be entertaining with either team capable of winning. I am just glad it is at home and I get to watch! Good luck to both teams!

Nothing has really changed from the beginning of the year when most people thought it would come down to Eagleville and Cascade. The next three are capable of winning but just not quite as good. VB and Boyd are close. Should be an interesting finish and an even better tournament.

Winners tonight: Cascade, Eagleville, and Forrest

Well, you got one right. I would have had the same picks also. I saw Community play Eagleville and I don't understand how they can beat Cascade twice. I guess they just have Cascades number like the Cascade has Eaglevilles number. You never know in HS Basketball. It did not surprise me that MTCS beat Forrest. It should be an interesting tournament.

Cascade in a must win situation on Tuesday against MTCS. Looks like Forrest and MTCS will probably play again in the first round of the tournament. Community should finish third. Not a good night for the picks. Just goes to show how balanced this district is.