Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

work in coaching circles is due to MANY people in the stands who have yet to understand that for the past 20+ years the athletes it takes to win on a year in and year out level in football in the state of tennessee, are simply not there in Macon. With that in mind, coaches who can win and have won elsewhere wont even consider applying at Macon County..........not due to the level of the players........but due to the pee wee, farmer brown, I know more than you, bad redneck, inbred daddy contingent!

They had a good freshman team. Their QB was pretty dang good. Their middle school team wasn't bad this year either. They had a big receiver that could have been plying on Fridays with his combo of size, speed, and hands. I think they need someone to come in that is a proven developer of players. They won't ever have spectacular talent, but those boys have heart and they can be coached up to use what abilities they have. Heart and good technique can win games, especially in 3A.

work in coaching circles is due to MANY people in the stands who have yet to understand that for the past 20+ years the athletes it takes to win on a year in and year out level in football in the state of tennessee, are simply not there in Macon. With that in mind, coaches who can win and have won elsewhere wont even consider applying at Macon County..........not due to the level of the players........but due to the pee wee, farmer brown, I know more than you, bad redneck, inbred daddy contingent!

You are wrong and very airagant. Macon county is loaded with talent. Many good players want even fool with playing because of the bad situation. ALL we need is a good coach

First of all.....stay in school. Secondly........loaded with talent?

Ok list the professional athletes from Macon County in the last 20 years.

Now list the Div 1 athletes signed from Macon in the last 20 years

Now ANY college athletes signed from Macon in the last 20 years.

Loaded.......wow..........therein lies the problem.

First of all.....stay in school. Secondly........loaded with talent?

Ok list the professional athletes from Macon County in the last 20 years.

Now list the Div 1 athletes signed from Macon in the last 20 years

Now ANY college athletes signed from Macon in the last 20 years.

Loaded.......wow..........therein lies the problem.

Or list the players that have ever even been nominated for Mr. Football! Then compare that to your surrounding counties. We have had several nominees and winners, Westmoreland has had a couple to win it also, not sure about Smith. Macon has had Zero nominations as far as I know. It is hard to argue with facts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> TC1

I understand whatyou are saying but please try to understand this. They competed when they were young, the same kids get hammered in high school. If they could compete then why not now pee=wee coaches are not COACH'N when these players are in high school. Please tell me you see what im talking about . I know you are football smart buddy.

i understand your frustration, i'b be frustarated to. the big thing is when you get to a high school level, you have to "buy in" to what a coach is tryin to do. in macon county, and if i'm wrong correct me, it seems like alot of people are quick to run a coach in the ground when things aren't going right. talk among fans in very impresionable to a high schooler and when the kids hear how bad their coach is they tend to start believing it. they don't look at what the team is doing well, they blame the coach for what's not going right. and while it is the coaches responsibility, he faces even bigger challeges if the players don't respect him. one player not believing in what the hc is doing is like cancer in the locker room and it's very malignant. the fans lack of support only serves to speed up the whole process.

You are wrong and very airagant. Macon county is loaded with talent. Many good players want even fool with playing because of the bad situation. ALL we need is a good coach

Being a former coach @ Macon County many moons ago, and viewing many games since then, and also scrimmaging them last fall: I can assure you that Macon County has never been "loaded". They have had some quality high school football players come thru, but not loaded. And guess what, they are not walking the halls either. In my experience @ Macon County, I got to work with some outstanding character kids, but not great athletes. Good Luck Tigers.

Being a former coach @ Macon County many moons ago, and viewing many games since then, and also scrimmaging them last fall: I can assure you that Macon County has never been "loaded". They have had some quality high school football players come thru, but not loaded. And guess what, they are not walking the halls either. In my experience @ Macon County, I got to work with some outstanding character kids, but not great athletes. Good Luck Tigers.

As a coach, I would gladly take the character kids and try to win with them.

In the end, how many D1 players are anywhere outside a few locales? Team, Heart, and character can and will always win alot of high school football games. The game of life is what we in the profession are really preparing the kids for anyway. The cheers are fleeting for all of us that play or have played...the real victories will go to those with the character to fight the fight from whistle to whistle and from cradle to grave, accepting defeats and mistakes, learning and moving on. I read somewhere that 1 in every 10,000 high school football players ever makes it to the professional ranks.

I will get off my soap box now. Just passionate about doing it for the right reasons.....

Please, look at my topic I have started about which job is the best to have that is currently open.