Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a coach, I would gladly take the character kids and try to win with them.

In the end, how many D1 players are anywhere outside a few locales? Team, Heart, and character can and will always win alot of high school football games. The game of life is what we in the profession are really preparing the kids for anyway. The cheers are fleeting for all of us that play or have played...the real victories will go to those with the character to fight the fight from whistle to whistle and from cradle to grave, accepting defeats and mistakes, learning and moving on. I read somewhere that 1 in every 10,000 high school football players ever makes it to the professional ranks.

I will get off my soap box now. Just passionate about doing it for the right reasons.....

Please, look at my topic I have started about which job is the best to have that is currently open.

Team, heart, character, are a good start, but alone will not win you many ball games. Maybe 3 or

4 muffin games. If you don't have strength, conditioning, technique, community support, parental

involvement ( not interference ), encouraging the kids. Parents & fans leaving the coaching to

the coach. Macon Co. has enough "good" athletes to have a "decent" team, whether they are

currently on the field, or walking the hall somewhere. Until the fans & parents butt out of the

coaches job, allow him to decide who is the best guy for the position, not ruled by whose Dad

wants his son to start, without fear of being fired for his refusal to comply with parents demands,

then they will continue to be a 1-9 team.

POLITICS!!!!

Team, heart, character, are a good start, but alone will not win you many ball games. Maybe 3 or

4 muffin games. If you don't have strength, conditioning, technique, community support, parental

involvement ( not interference ), encouraging the kids. Parents & fans leaving the coaching to

the coach. Macon Co. has enough "good" athletes to have a "decent" team, whether they are

currently on the field, or walking the hall somewhere. Until the fans & parents butt out of the

coaches job, allow him to decide who is the best guy for the position, not ruled by whose Dad

wants his son to start, without fear of being fired for his refusal to comply with parents demands,

POLITICS!!!!

I would like for you to ask any of last years coaches if they felt pressured to play any child while they were coaching in Macon. People say that on here all the time i don't think any of the coaches would have let that intefer with who they played. I do think some of the kids were punished because the coaches didnt like some of the players parents. THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!! 1 -- 9 Nothing to do with politics

I would like for you to ask any of last years coaches if they felt pressured to play any child while they were coaching in Macon. People say that on here all the time i don't think any of the coaches would have let that intefer with who they played. I do think some of the kids were punished because the coaches didnt like some of the players parents. THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!! 1 -- 9 Nothing to do with politics

AMEN, Preach on Brother! What coach in his right mind would play kids that he knows are not the best???? Coaches want to win games, despite what people think sometimes. You can accuse a guy of not preparing, not being smart, not being a great PR guy, but you can never question a coaches desire to win. If you want to win, you'll have your most talented kids on the field.

Throw the politics crutch away.

I'm pretty sure I said winning is important but CHAMPIONSHIPS, COLLEGE OFFERS AND ALL THAT TAKE A BACK SEAT TOCHARACTER, PRIDE AND LIFE LESSONS. Your coaching staff won 5 games in three years, they deserved to be fired, plain and simple.

As for the MC job, stick a fork in it. Someone will change their title from DC to HC at that school.

Let's meet back here 3 years from now and see what PHS record is then.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You're either totally in the dark, or denial. This has been going on for years, and it's certainly

no secret. The reason you hear this on here, year after year, is it is FACT. Coaches that do

not allow parents, etc. to influence who starts, find themselves looking for a job. MC has had

more coaching changes in the past 10 yrs. or so, than all the surrounding counties combined.

Wonder why that is?? Coaches that allow parents, etc., to influence who starts, find themselves

with a losing record, and looking for a job. No decent coach in his right mind would take this

job under current conditions. Conditions will not change as long as you allow this to go on.

Stop blaming the coach or lack of talent, and fix the problem. It wouldn't matter if you had

Don Shula or Bear Bryant as coach while having to put up with this BS.

Go back to the CoachT archives for the past several years. You'll read the exact same thing.

Nothing new here, just new voices.

Good luck in your quest for a miracle coach.

POLITICS!!!!

PREACH ON BROTHER!!

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

POLITICS!!!!

I will submit my opinion on this position.

First, I think that a belief in team, character, and heart enough to never waiver will absolutely lead kids into doing what is necesary to make themselves mentally and physically ready to play. To illustrate this point, did you as a player, do what was necessary to be successful because you were forced to do so? Or was it because you had the character and work ethic to do what you needed to in order to be the best teammate possible? For me it was so that I could pull my weight and take care of my business because I was sold by the program that my business would then in turn take care of the team. In the end, my character and models, dictated that it was the right thing to do.

Technique, however, is the responsibility of the coaches on the staff. That is why coaches are trained teachers. So they can TEACH kids what they need to do in order to be a success both n and off the field. In doing so, and monitoring the things that come with running a program you model the heart, character, discipline, and concept of team the kids can emulate and take the lead and they will. Speaking from experience, if kids see that you work for them so they can be better they will emulate the way you work. You will get out what you put in.

As for playing the daddies boys..... that is a matter of integrity on behalf of the coaching staff also. IF that is what (daddy ball) is what has led this particular program into the doldrums then the search for competent leadership is long overdue. Unfortunately, "selling the program" in this day and age has become a reality and is also the responsibility of the leadership of the program. Strong, appropriate community contact must be initiated and grown. Boundaries must be maintained. As a coach if things like these boundaries are not respected then it is a job not to take or not to keep if you plan on maintaining the integrity of the program. There are worse things than looking for a job, like not deserving to have one. Back to that modeling again, I would not sell my soul to keep any job. I owe it to my kids not to be a sell out.

IMO that is why programs in trouble are rarely made better by hiring an insider. Usually it is time for a new sheet of music. Time for a complete unknown, which is more than a little scary to administration.

Congrats to TC on the new Gold Ball. I also know from hard won experience accomplishments like that are never without a cost. I am very glad that your community and our nation has kids, and molders of young men(Coaches), with the heart, character, discipline, and belief in team to make victories such as these possible.

Again, I know nothing about this particular situation. For me the debate is purely philosophical. In the end this was all just one mans opinion.

You SC and TC people sure do know all about MC. Can I have your names so we can just turn over the search for the new coach to you???? Oh I forgot, you still want to keep beating MC on a regular basis.

You bash fans for opening their mouths and voicing opinions. Yet when they try to be quiet and let dust settle and go about the business that needs to be done, You people pipe up and start everything up again. WHO IS STIRRING THE POT???? Let it die, unless you have some other motive.

Why are we talking about the PHS job on a thread about MC?

Old Coach, couldn't have said it better myself. You are right on target. I have it on good authority, the Director of Schools has had five or six quality candidates outside a 100 mile radius inquire about the job. At least two have submitted resumes.

Let it die. Let MC do what needs to be done.

You SC and TC people sure do know all about MC. Can I have your names so we can just turn over the search for the new coach to you???? Oh I forgot, you still want to keep beating MC on a regular basis.

You bash fans for opening their mouths and voicing opinions. Yet when they try to be quiet and let dust settle and go about the business that needs to be done, You people pipe up and start everything up again. WHO IS STIRRING THE POT???? Let it die, unless you have some other motive.

Old Coach, couldn't have said it better myself. You are right on target. I have it on good authority, the Director of Schools has had five or six quality candidates outside a 100 mile radius inquire about the job. At least two have submitted resumes.

Fed and Ace drop me a line if you would to Oldman_29@live.com

Guest Termite

Fedhup?? I don't get it Fed -H-up????

Yelp, we seem to know a little about MC football........

Anyway.......a very good coach left SC and went to coach MC. He took MC as far as anyone ever has...and what do you know....he gets run off............now...do you know or remember why????