Antoine Owens -Ezell

Chakra20

I think, what Mr. Irish is trying to ask Ezell is "if you have any out of state players on the team this year?" I'm not talking about the ones who just so happen to move in the area either. Hey does any one know if Ezell got the #1 recruiting class in the state or did the honor go to BGA?

Posted by jumphook:

I think, what Mr. Irish is trying to ask Ezell is "if you have any out of state players on the team this year?" I'm not talking about the ones who just so happen to move in the area either. Hey does any one know if Ezell got the #1 recruiting class in the state or did the honor go to BGA?

Actually there is only one new person to the roster this year that will see significant playing time. I havent caught his name, but i will tonight. He transferred from a local school and is a junior. He does not start but will see some playin time at receiver. So this is the same guys as last year except for the 2 main guns they got EVERYONE BACK. Good Luck Have Fun.

Oh yea and jumphook grow or go play basketball...

Also to get back on what i orginally posted and not about who we recruited.

Just who is Antoine Owens?

By: Brent Hubbs

Date: August 22, 2002

Just alittle info on one of the main impact players for Ezell

Owens is 6-3, 221 pound linebacker who was clocked at a 4.62 forty by both his high school coach and his track coach.

Smith said Owens is a three-year starter who has recorded over 330 career tackles.

Owens also plays some offense on the football field and last year recorded 600 yards rushing and receiving with fifty rushes and thirty catches.

According to Smith, Owens has offers from Tennessee, Virginia and MTSU and he is leaning to Tennessee. Owens did not camp anywhere this summer because he spent the summer working on his grades, but Smith said Tennessee, Penn State, Florida State and Georgia all wanted him to camp at their school

He has started since his freshman year and will be a focal point this year on offense.

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-23-02 9:28A]

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-23-02 10:40A]

If anyone thinks that BGA (Battle Ground Academy) has the #1 recruiting class they need to think again. While BGA may have won a state championship (sorry but it was and is a very weak division) they are a long way from being able to play with the big boys week end and week out. If BGA is recruiting big time athletes then the school needs to fire the coaching staff for not doing a good job. Even the thought of BGA winning the recruiting war is crazy.