Sequatchie at Grundy

warriors

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are they missing one starter, they are missing three starters that did not return for their senior season.

Missing one starter changes the game plan. Missing three starters changes the team.

The varsity girls start at 6:00cdt with the boy's game to follow. The junior varsity games start at 3:30 and 4:30.

who cares? sequatchie by 10+

Sequatchie - quit whining about who is not there! I believe in our girls and their ability to work together and make big plays in big games. Coach Woodlee has worked them hard and I love to think that this team will play as hard as they have worked. Good luck ladies

Yea, I agree. It does not matter who is not there. I watched Seq. play CCS and I think they are adjusting just fine. I am not from either place. I just like to watch Grundy. Those kids hustle and you can see it in their eyes they want it. I believe tonight will be a good, quality basketball game no matter who comes out with the W. I do believe Grundy will have the edge seeing both teams play especially with it in Grundy. I have not been to the new gym since the Region tourney in 98, so I am excited to go back! Do they have any state things in the hallways? I know I had read a post early about no school support...just wondering if I get to see any.

Yea, I agree. It does not matter who is not there. I watched Seq. play CCS and I think they are adjusting just fine. I am not from either place. I just like to watch Grundy. Those kids hustle and you can see it in their eyes they want it. I believe tonight will be a good, quality basketball game no matter who comes out with the W. I do believe Grundy will have the edge seeing both teams play especially with it in Grundy. I have not been to the new gym since the Region tourney in 98, so I am excited to go back! Do they have any state things in the hallways? I know I had read a post early about no school support...just wondering if I get to see any.

Grundy girls have a fire in their eyes for this game because I have talked to quit a few of them and they are ready to play, and with it being the first home game I believe they'll will fight with all they have. As for the state stuff, they have a glass case outside the gym with the gold ball the net and some other stuff in it from 98. They also used to have a 5 or 6 foot picture of the 98 team hanging on the wall. It was there when I played at Grundy. Not sure if it's there now. Now I don't know how the students are this year with the spirit deal but they really got into the games last year.

Grundy girls have a fire in their eyes for this game because I have talked to quit a few of them and they are ready to play, and with it being the first home game I believe they'll will fight with all they have. As for the state stuff, they have a glass case outside the gym with the gold ball the net and some other stuff in it from 98. They also used to have a 5 or 6 foot picture of the 98 team hanging on the wall. It was there when I played at Grundy. Not sure if it's there now. Now I don't know how the students are this year with the spirit deal but they really got into the games last year.

This was a good game. Grundy lost, but played very badly in the 2nd half. I believe they only scored 8 points in the 2nd half if that. I believe this is the weakest I have ever seen Seq's defense and Grundy never got it going. The post player should have had 20 points herself. The season is still young, but Grundy players should be sick all night and in the morning.

Score?

I believe it ended up about 10 at the end. Grundy was fouling and putting them on the line.

I do want to commend whoever got the thing going about recognizing the people that were before the game. That was a class act and I was proud to be in the crowd seeing how their faces lit up.

I enjoyed seeing the state things as well, but could they not get a janitor to clean it. That case had dust all in it. The picture was dirty. Not complaing too much here, but someone needs to have pride in that. As a former coach, I wish I could have coached that 98 team. All you would have done would have been to sit back and watch. They made people look good. They had that FIRE in their eyes too. Thats why I enjoy watching Woodlee coach. The girls tonight need to get that FIRe!

This tells a lot...

Grundy 12 13 6 4 - 35

Sequatchie 8 8 15 16 - 47

Grundy led until right at the end of the third quarter when it got tied up at 31-31. Almost every game this season the Lady Jackets have held a big lead in the second half and then watch it get chipped away. Grundy did not play as well in this one as the Franklin County win in Winchester.

Lockhart was HUGE for Sequatchie. I think she had at least 3 blocked shots. Indian please post her numbers as I don't have the book and just gathered our stuff for what I need.

Hope everyone got home ok. Grundy schools are closed Friday due to the ice.

DL.

Lockhart had 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists, 7 blocks (at 5'10", for those outside the area). She also had that many against Cleveland, like Grundy a quality opponent. For the most part, she and the other seniors played the way they're expected to play especially in the second half. The younger players, specifically two or three freshmen and a sophomore gave them quality time and were big parts of the win, they weren't just bystanders out there to have 5 on the floor. This is a group with only 3 players who got any quality minutes at all last year (not counting playing the second half against East Ridge, Hixson, etc). I'd take a double digit win at Grundy any year but especially this season.