Better late than never Knox Catholic

DiehardBlueDevil

Pemberton is not leaving Catholic. Wishful thinking.

Don't bet against it. More talent. Well it's walking the hallways, more money, closer to his home town (I think), very easy district for 09-13 relative to playoffs, and he's done all he can do at Catholic. Again, I would not bet against it.

ruse?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bet against it. More talent. Well it's walking the hallways, more money, closer to his home town (I think), very easy district for 09-13 relative to playoffs, and he's done all he can do at Catholic. Again, I would not bet against it.

ruse?

How much then? He has a majority of his starters coming back, including Tait. They have a great feeder program and he wants to play in that district, why not come back? Coach Pemberton is not leaving Catholic.

ruse?

That's a little overstated Ruse. Pretty good talent over the past few years for the Irish , a very strong nucleus returning, great feeder programs strong booster base and incredible facilities and are just getting better. He's got a great teaching and coaching setup at Catholic. Base pay is higher at OR but Coach Pemberton is well taken care of.

That's a little overstated Ruse. Pretty good talent over the past few years for the Irish , a very strong nucleus returning, great feeder programs strong booster base and incredible facilities and are just getting better. He's got a great teaching and coaching setup at Catholic. Base pay is higher at OR but Coach Pemberton is well taken care of.

Irish, Scott, and Naked:

Overstated ? I think not. Never said Pemberton was scared, just a nice easy district @ OR vs. what Catholic will be up against. All he would have to do is beat Hardin Valley & Karns for a #1 seed in 6A. Money and talent follow wins. It's a pretty nice set-up at OR as well. Anybody who goes 8-2 or better in year 1 there could run/win/be the mayor.

I'm sure Pemberton is well taken care of. Base pay of job would be higher @ OR. Base pay of job + titles would be a lot higher IrishBBall. You've been around. Check Rankin's figures. You know how that works.

As far as talent...yes, lots of it at both. Plenty of the talent available at OR just did not want to play football. The feeders at both are good. Better feeder program at Catholic in terms of structure, better talent at OR IMO.

I'm sure that if he were to go there, he would have them at 8-2, and at least a round #2 appearance in the playoffs in year one. Once that happens, all the AC/Clinton, etc defectors would be back in que ready to go. It's a sleeping giant guys. It'll wake up. Don't get all prickley. I'm just saying, if I were looking, I would go after the guy...and hard. You should go after the best available. Capitalism, not Catholicism. I just hope he stays in the area. GA, and AL have a lot of openings at some big time programs.

ruse?

Big publics pay more than smaller privates. Coached on both side of it.

I agree from a base standpoint. It also varies more significantly from system to system. Maryville, Alcoa, OR, D-

B all pay much better than Knox County for example. I realize that OR can be much more creative with titles/positions that align with pay. There are alot of perks that fall outside the base pay at Catholic. While it's not Webb, Baylor, Ensworth, etc., there is alot of money that is pumped into this program and staff. I have a pretty good insight into the workings of Catholic athletics.There are a ton of issues that you have to deal with at OR that don't arise at Catholic. I spent 10-15 years working with the BB program at OR and Catholic thru AAU. He has a great teaching setup at Catholic which would be a little harder to arrange at OR. He's also built an excellent staff at Catholic that would be hard to replicate if he moved.

My overstated has nothing to do with the competition level, it was strictly about talent and money. Guess that's my Baptist raising. I'm not Catholic.

Catholic you guys can say whatever you want but facts are facts. You do recruit and you legally can take kids from anywhere you want and I know for a fact at least 2 kids that have played football and gotten tuition. You ARE a football factory you claim an enrollment of 650 but dress out 100 kids for a home game? Are you kidding me? If we put those numbers at AC we would have 192 kids on our team. Say whatever you will but admit your percentages are not in line with the rest of the region.

Catholic you guys can say whatever you want but facts are facts. You do recruit and you legally can take kids from anywhere you want and I know for a fact at least 2 kids that have played football and gotten tuition. You ARE a football factory you claim an enrollment of 650 but dress out 100 kids for a home game? Are you kidding me? If we put those numbers at AC we would have 192 kids on our team. Say whatever you will but admit your percentages are not in line with the rest of the region.

Those rings sure do look nice i cant wait to get them! O and who are those two players? Name them please. How do you figure the players thing we dress out all of our players freshman and everyone. We give every player the equal amount of respect because believe it or not the kids that sit on the bench are just as apart of this team as anyone else! We work for everything we get we dont need to recruit. If we recruited dont you think that we could have gotten some better players like the studs that play for Alcoa, Maryville, Farragut, Bearden? Will you all just move on with your lives and except the fact that we won state cause we wanted more we won in the close games and won in the blowouts but just keep pointing out our wrongs... I want FULL proof!

Name the 2..... I'll throw out names like Rorex, York, White , Farmer, Laverdiere that certainly didn't live in the AC zone. We could go back a little farther and name several that made the journey down from Campbell Co for football.