Who are soccer officials accountable to?

redandblack63

5944 (formerly Webbjm) and redrage, let me ask one simple question to test your integrity. When two refs see the same incident, agree on what happened, and make the same call and the players of the guilty team scream at one one of the officials saying things like "what kind of crap is that" and "that's a bunch of crap", what should an official do?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5944 is the reason you are so prejudice in your remarks because your daughter (#17) was one of the girls that received a yellow card last night? Maybe you could not hear what was said from the Coffee County end of the field, but all of us folks on the Warren County end of the field could certainly hear the girls scream at the official. Sounds like you are bitter after all and not objective.

You win 6-0 and whine. Not only that what kind of example are you setting. It seems to me you should be on the refs side and understanding or do you think it is ok to show disrespect to an official?

Posted by Whitey:

5944 (formerly Webbjm) and redrage, let me ask one simple question to test your integrity. When two refs see the same incident, agree on what happened, and make the same call and the players of the guilty team scream at one one of the officials saying things like "what kind of crap is that" and "that's a bunch of crap", what should an official do?

He or she should yellow card the player. I was there as close as you and only 1 or 2 players made a comment. I've been involved in soccer, at least as long as you have, and I have never seen a ref give 6 yellow cards in this manner, especially when the incident was so minor. One yes, six no.

Posted by abeb1999:

doesn't a player on CC team have a parent that calls games that include teams from your own district. Now that sounds like a conflict of interest

Sorry, not even in the same category as calling a game where you have players playing. Not even close! Your reaching now!

Posted by abeb1999:

You win 6-0 and whine. Not only that what kind of example are you setting. It seems to me you should be on the refs side and understanding or do you think it is ok to show disrespect to an official?

Why would I be on the Ref's side? That doesn't even make since. It doesn't matter who you are or what position you have. No one should be outside the rules. I respect individuals until they begin to think they are above the rules. And that's exactly what this ref thinks.

Posted by Whitey:

5944 is the reason you are so prejudice in your remarks because your daughter (#17) was one of the girls that received a yellow card last night? Maybe you could not hear what was said from the Coffee County end of the field, but all of us folks on the Warren County end of the field could certainly hear the girls scream at the official. Sounds like you are bitter after all and not objective.

Prejudice & bitter? Boy have you got it wrong. You obviously are not on the same planet. This is not about us losing, winning, players receiving yellow cards, bad calls or anything like that. Those were just examples of what I've been watching out of a few of these "so-so" refs. They will do anything to help their teams. They are giving all the good referees a bad name. And by the way, you don't know me or anything about me. And you especially don't know my daughter. When you drag that into discussions, it shows your lack of integrity and character. Did she deserve a yellow card? Maybe. But you and I both know the reason he gave out 6 cards was to help WC score so they wouldn't be shutout. Sorry, didn't work.

Posted by bbreftn:

If in that association nobody could ref if their was a conflict then their would be no games because at one point in time each referee has been either associated with a scholl or a player. So your excuse does not fly. another thing I did see that game as an nueteral third party yea their was some calls missed both ways but when the girls got the cards at the end of the game they all deserved them. when the call was made they all said something to the ref and waved their arms at him. Whether the call was good or bad does not matter it was the actions of the girls. but again according to redrage this is allowable in his world because it is always the refs fault because he had rabbit ears and rabbit eyes for witnessing this. yes that night the best team won. But remember one thing for the future that 3 of the starters were benched for being late so I wouldn't get to confident when it comes region time. This coach has disapline something redrage would no nothing about. since players can do what they want in his world.

I saved my reply to your comment to last because I wanted to give this some real thought. You have a good point. I agree that there will always be some conflict of interest. But, there is a limit and that limit should be adhered to. In this case, that limit has been more than reached.

As far as the 6 yellow cards. I was there as well as you. Two of the players were not even close to the play. And the person on the ground never said a word. The player that fell over her should have been called for dangerous play for jumping over her, when she didn't need to. The call I had no problem with. The yellow cards, big time overkill. Again, just another example of his frustration. The ref wanted WC to win so bad he could taste it. When it didn't happen, he began making poor judgements.

As far as over confidence, where the world did that come from? We weren't confident going in or going out. We got beat today by a much better team and I'm sure there are many more to come this year. And, we aren't even thinking about region play. We still have to beat 2 other really good teams in our conference. Something we have not done even once. This was the first time we ever beat WC. But if I was you, I would not be thinking to far ahead, either. You've still got to beat Blackman and Cookeville, both of which can be very good on given days.

5944, so I was right about your daughter receiving a yellow card! You are what is wrong with soccer. A pandering soccer parent who thinks their little darling can do no wrong and when they do and are punished for it it must be the fault of the adult. In this case the ref. I bet you are also one of those parents who run to the schools all the time in the defense of your little girl when ever she has a run in with one of the teachers. You come across as a parent who is defending your child's bad behavior. The ref did the right thing. It was more than one or maybe two girls who screamed at him. All six dissented and all six deserved to be carded. Two of them yell at him about "what the crap was that" and "that is just a bunch of crap." If you were as close as you say you were, then you heard that. If you still defend your players after that, then you are the one who has low character and I have nothing else to say to you. In basketball, if players yelled at an official the way they did there would be no discussion and no argument. Each of them would receive a technical and the other team WOULD AUTOMATICALLY be given a chance to score. Sorry, but that does not work in soccer. Since when did you become a mind reader and believe the refs intentions were to try and help Warren County score. If that were the case it would have been easier for him to have found an opportunity to give a penalty kick at some point in the game. How many penalty kicks or even for that matter direct kicks did Warren County get where they were a scoring threat? You are just a bad influence on soccer for supporting kids in their bad behavior.

One last thing, as a parent sitting on the side line you have an opinion and a right to your opinion. I also have my opinion about what happened and I agree with what the ref did. Also, I thought that it was about time that he pulled a card out of his pocket and gave it to your girls for all the rough play and cheap shots they made behind the back. Regardless, that is my opinion. You have your opinion and I have mine. But you know what, it does not matter what our opinions are because the only one whose opinion counted was the ref's. "In the opinion of the referee ..."

[Edited by Whitey on 8-31-02 9:03A]

I knew from the start that you were a head case. Anyone who begins by calling someone they don't know a "whiner" has got absolutely no class nor character. To get into a name calling argument with you would only bring myself "down" to your level. I knew who you were from the start and I guess I just should have just considered the source. You don't know anything about me. If you did, you would know there is no one harder or more disciplined on their sweet little daughter than myself. She gets what she reaps. If you would read the posting you would notice that I said she may have deserved the yellow card and that's ok. Instead you go off by running me and my daughter down. Again, just showing no class or character. But, then again I didn't expect any from you. Let me end by saying this, you have gotten personal with me and my family. That was the very most wrong thing to do. You also insulted one or our mothers at the game by saying something rude about her daughter getting run over and hurt. If her husband had been there, I doubt we would be having this coversation. Again, this shows how much class you really have. Now.......you win the prize for being the most low class individual of the week. But then again, maybe you should win it for the year.

5944, you started this garbage by whining about your players getting yellow cards that you did not think they deserved and that the ref had to be terrible and prejudiced for doing such a thing. Now you are willing to admit that your daughter probably did deserve or may have deserved the yellow card. If so, then what is your problem? The ref did his job. Quit being an overly sensitive parent.

By the way, you still have not answered the question: is it acceptable for a player or players to scream "what is that crap" or "that is just a bunch of crap" at an official?

We both know the answer, and that is why the girls got their cards.

[Edited by Whitey on 8-31-02 10:51A]