Who are soccer officials accountable to?

redandblack63

I find it difficult to believe that a top notch official would defend incompetence in his or her profession. As for complaining about every official you obviously didn't read all of my post. I complimented the officials on doing a good job of running the game and maintaining control in a positive manner during our game with Clinton a game by the way in which we lost. Keith thanks for the admission that there are incompetent officials. We have to realize that if we ignore it we all suffer and most importantly the kids suffer. I also undrstand that sometimes players, coaches, and even fans lose control and must be dealt with. But for an official to throw a child out of a game, almost hitting her in the face with the card and yelling your out of hear isn't by no menas appropriate. Your right I haven't seen you officiate just like you didn't witness what I witness from 20 feet away. This guy was a disgrace to all officials and you think that is good officiating you are also a disgrace regardless of how many state tournaments you say you have officiated.

:D;):D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never quit bashing bad officials. They need to be out of the game and quit stealing money when they do a poor job. I am for the good officicals which make up about 80 to 90% of the profession. For those who continue to support bad officials I say start a support group. You could call it "so-so" SORRY OFFICIALS for SORRY OFFICIATING.

Here's a good one. Last night their was a referee covering the game at Warren Co. This particular ref coaches a select team in the spring. Guess where some of his players play HS soccer at! You guessed it.....Warren Co. You can only imagine what kind of calls he made. At one point he lined up 6 players and gave them all yellow cards because 2 of them complained about an obviously poor call. To yellow card one player is understandable......but 6? He then was trying to get the losing team to hurry up on throw ins and telling the winning team to hurry up on corner kicks, even though they were not delaying the game. After the JV game he was giving their GK some coaching tips. It was totally obvious concerning his bias calling. The head ref who schedules these refs knows his affiliation with these girls, yet he continues to allow him to call their games. I don't get it. :confused:

A big crying towel for being the ultimate whiner goes to webbjm. Coffee County wins a game by a score of 6 to 0 and they still cry about one of the officials. Go figure. By the way, webbjm, the official you are talking about has also had Coffee County girls play on his select team and has also trained one of the their past keepers. So who should Warren County complain to? They are the ones who lost yet not one complaint. Quit your crying and enjoy your victory - you big baby!

Sorry Mr. Whitey but I know every girl on that team and there has never been a girl play for him. He couldn't pay one to play for him including the GKs. Where you got your info is beyond me. You need to go back and double check your sources. He had Tullahoma players not CC players. Wrong town Jack!

Webbjm, go back and reread my post. I did not say that present players play for that official. I said that Coffee County players "had" played for him and that he had trained one of their "past" keepers. The point is that players from a lot of the schools in this region play for or have played for this official. You think that I do not know the difference between Tullahoma and Coffee County? There is a big difference including character. You would never hear Tullahoma coaches are players crying after winning a game 6 to 0 about the officials! Jack!

I'm not a coach, so don't run the CC coaches down. They have nothing to do with this. Neither do the players. It's amazing how this always becomes a Tullahoma vs Manchester thing. I read your email close and again, I don't know where you get your info unless you are that ref. If so, I can see why you turned this into a Tullahoma vs Manchester thing. The difference is that he currently coaches players from the Warren Co. team. And just suppose he did coach a past player (1) from CC. That was in the past and now is now. He has never coached or trained any of the current players and does not have a good relationship with the CC team. Whether we won or lost has nothing to do with poor and unethical refereeing. That's what this is all about. The referees are not held accountable. They can do what they want when they want.

5944 My point exactly. Officials can do what ever they want and they are not held accountable. Why don't they have to sit out a game or be fined when they make a mockery of the game with their poor officicating, poor judgement or lose of composure. I realize they are human and make mistakes but why aren't they held to same standard as coaches and players. If an official loses his/hers composure and throws a player or coach out of the game the player is punished for something they may not have done. Maybe the official had a bad day at work and he redirects it to a player or coach. What many will say is, officials are only human and they make mistakes. Well players and coaches are only human too but they get thrown out and miss the next game. The official goes and calls his next game.

Officials should be held accountable just like players and coaches if they blow it they should have games taken off their schedule and I am not talking about blown judgement calls, I am talking about misapplication of the rules or obvious lapses in judgement that results in player or coach ejection from a game. Also I am not taking up for out of control palyers or coaches I just want officials to understand that they arenot always right and when they are wrong they need to punished just like a player or coach.

And when there is definitely a conflict of interest, then that referee should never be put in that position. He or she cannot be expected to be completely fair when they have a vested interest in the outcome. The game should be about the players and coaches not the referees. They should be as invisable as possible. But more and more, I see referees who think the game is all about them and what they want. And I'm not saying all referees are like this. Because I've seen a lot who really try to let the players play and coaches coach. But referees who deliberately make calls against certain teams should be be banned from the game. It isn't their game. It's the player's game.

If in that association nobody could ref if their was a conflict then their would be no games because at one point in time each referee has been either associated with a scholl or a player. So your excuse does not fly. another thing I did see that game as an nueteral third party yea their was some calls missed both ways but when the girls got the cards at the end of the game they all deserved them. when the call was made they all said something to the ref and waved their arms at him. Whether the call was good or bad does not matter it was the actions of the girls. but again according to redrage this is allowable in his world because it is always the refs fault because he had rabbit ears and rabbit eyes for witnessing this. yes that night the best team won. But remember one thing for the future that 3 of the starters were benched for being late so I wouldn't get to confident when it comes region time. This coach has disapline something redrage would no nothing about. since players can do what they want in his world.