Who are soccer officials accountable to?

redandblack63

Hey 5944 is that you IQ get a real name on here or are you afraid we might find out who you are. Head cases are parents who whine about calls and anything their little precious angle could not have done. O and by the way what would that parent have done to the ref? lets see their was a deputy sheriff their. I don't think he would have done nothin. Your full of hot air. and ain't got a clue what your talking about. which is normal from manchster. low class town and soccer fans. If I had a daughter and they had won 6-0 I would have keep my mouth shut and not whined about the cards or fouls you won so go gloat with the other mindless people you know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what difference does it make if the score is 6-0 or 6-1 a loss is a loss and one goal doesn't make a difference. I can tell you it wouldn't have made a difference to me or my team-I know because i am the coach. Heck it wouldn't have made a difference if it were 6-5. Once again a loss is a loss. Your team and I'm sure daughter played a good game but comments like what a bunch a crap to a ref deserve to be punished-If the ref wanted to help us so much why not give a pk? During the course of the game we had several chances inside the 18-if he was biased he could have awarded a pk-He is a very honarable man and a good ref cheating for anyone is beyond him.

5944 is a classic example of how parents impose themselves on the game of soccer in a negative way.

1. Convince their daughter and other players that they are going to be cheated by the refs before the game starts. They set a negative tone with the players that causes the players to focus negative attention on the refs and results in the players doing something stupid in the game.

2. Supports their players in their bad behavior instead of teaching and supporting sportsmanship.

3. Insults the coach and players of the opposing team by implying that the only chance they had in the game would be if the ref cheated his rear end off for them. (If I was the coach of Warren County, I would use the attitude and words of 5944 as a respresentative of Coffee County to fire my players up. The next time we would play the score might be the same but at least the Coffee County people would learn a lesson in respect. They might would win but the Coffee County players would be glad to get off the field.)

4. Threatens the referee with physical violence.

[Edited by Whitey on 9-1-02 8:06A]

Whitey,

you are right about all the comments you have made besides one.

The coach of Warren County has a lot more class that to get his girls fired up and "so called take out Coffee county's girls". I have played against Warren County boy's and girl's and I will tell you right now something that you already know, they are classy people and well coached. I realy was very surprised about the score but just like happens in soccer we have good days and bad days.

About the official, I tell you what they guy is a good ref, he knows the game and he calls it as he sees it. I am also an official for USSF not TSSAA and if I had kids talking back to me like that I would have done the same thing as he did. The point is that no matter what happens the officials try to do their best out there, they are also the adults, what would have happen if i let my son question me everytime I say something to him? Mr. 5944 what would you do if your little girl told you "What the crap" when you told her to clean her room? Would you stand by her side or punish her? Think about it and please don't talk about the officials anymore, you are creating more problems that you are trying to fix. :)

Shs01,

You are right about the coach at Warren County not telling his girls to "take out" the Coffee County girls. I did not mean my comments to sound that way but see how it could to some. I do not want that, you do not want that, and the coach at Warren County does not want that. I meant that I would use what happened to fire up the girls intensity and play harder. Putting more pressure and making it harder for Coffee County to win next time so that they would be glad to get finished and off the field. Sorry, for the confusion. :)

Posted by shs01:

Whitey,

you are right about all the comments you have made besides one.

The coach of Warren County has a lot more class that to get his girls fired up and "so called take out Coffee county's girls". I have played against Warren County boy's and girl's and I will tell you right now something that you already know, they are classy people and well coached. I realy was very surprised about the score but just like happens in soccer we have good days and bad days.

About the official, I tell you what they guy is a good ref, he knows the game and he calls it as he sees it. I am also an official for USSF not TSSAA and if I had kids talking back to me like that I would have done the same thing as he did. The point is that no matter what happens the officials try to do their best out there, they are also the adults, what would have happen if i let my son question me everytime I say something to him? Mr. 5944 what would you do if your little girl told you "What the crap" when you told her to clean her room? Would you stand by her side or punish her? Think about it and please don't talk about the officials anymore, you are creating more problems that you are trying to fix. :)

Mr. shs01,

You don't know me, nor do I know you, nor do our schools have a rivalry. Because of this, maybe we can have a gentlemen's conversation. I'm not going to try and justify what I said or what I believe. You obviously know the referee in question "Whitey" and have a lot of respect for him. I do not intend to try to persuade you otherwise. My orginal intention was to bring to the attention of others that our referees were being scheduled to call games where there were major conflicts of interest, including one of our parents being asked to call games in our own league. I used the game against WC as a prime example. I should not have mentioned the 6 yellow cards, because all that turned out to be was a huge disagreement between how I saw it and how the fans from WC saw it. It used it because "who ever heard of 6 players being carded at one time". I can promise you this, it was not nearly as ugly as some are making it out to be. This whole thing got ugly when "adults" began calling other "adults" names, and if I'm not mistaken, was Mr. Whitey. I want to say upfront that I'm "Man" enough to appologize for anything and everything. Because, I'm big enough to carry whatever blame needs to be carried. I have caused others to think less of Manchester and CC and for that I am terribly sorry. I want you to know that our playes, parents and coaches are good Christian individuals and do not deserve to be thought of in an ugly manner "low class town and soccer fans". If you ever bring a team to Manchester, I can guarantee you will be treated with the most utmost respect and will be provided with what you or your teams need. We will treat your fans as we would want to be treated. We have a major rivalry with WC, including the referee in question. He has coached teams that we compete against in the spring seasons and they have many times turned into very rough contests. Everyone on the CC sidelines knows him very well. So consequently, when he refs one of our games, the fans begin looking for questionable calls. The person who schedules our games should know this and should not ever put him in that situation. He is being put in a no win situation.

Now to my daughter, who has been drug into this at no fault of her own. I think it was very bad to mention her and her jersey #. Because of this she is being set up as a target, by both referees and WC players and parents. She is not a saint, but no person is. She is as honest as you can get and would never hurt someone intentionally. She is only 15 years old and gets easily caught up in the emotions of the game. "What would I do if she said "crap" to me?" If you knew me you wouldn't have to ask that question. She would receive the punishment necessary to convince her to never do it again. She was not one of those who said "crap" in the game. She does not use that kind of language on or off the field. She does sometimes plays rough, but only because she is rather big and sometimes plays out of control. Again, she would never cheap shot anyone as was implied by one of the other commentators. She has played soccer since she was 5 and this was her first yellow card. But, that part was not a big deal. I don't coddle my kids. She would never back talk any adult. She played a good game the other night as did many players on both sides of the ball. The score was not indicative of the game. WC played hard to the end, never giving up or dropping their heads. The game was much closer than the score implies. Next time it could easily be WC 6 and CC 0. We know that as well as anyone. But I can tell you one thing, our players will never be ready to leave the field, no matter what the score is. Like WC, our girls don't give up or back away.

I would like to comment about the statement made concerning the threat to the ref. I was mistaken who I thought Whitey was. He is obviously the ref in question. The person who made the ugly comment was one of the WC backers. And it was a very ugly comment to a mother who just saw her daughter get hurt. I can promise you, sherrif or no sherrif, when those kind of comments get made, people lose control. And, I didn't make any threat. I just said that is was very bad and wrong thing to insult a man's daughter. Take from that what you will.

Again I would like to appologize for anything and everyting I said during this argumentive conversation. I am man enough to carry the blame and big enough to carry the burden. I am truly sorry for saying things that would make people think less of the players, parents, coaches and fans from Manchester. I was only trying to bring to the attention of others what I think is bad situation.

I truly hope you don't think less of CC because of me.

:D

[Edited by 5944 on 9-2-02 9:24A]

I do not know what your copying of SHS01's post means. If it means agreement and acceptance or sarcasm. What ever, please understand this, I and no one else wants to have a bad time with you or any of the folks from Coffee County. No one wants to hurt you, your kids, or the team. I wish you all the best success and sincerely hope the girls have a good season. But also understand this, no one is out to cheat your girls either. Good luck!

Posted by bbreftn:

Hey 5944 is that you IQ get a real name on here or are you afraid we might find out who you are. Head cases are parents who whine about calls and anything their little precious angle could not have done. O and by the way what would that parent have done to the ref? lets see their was a deputy sheriff their. I don't think he would have done nothin. Your full of hot air. and ain't got a clue what your talking about. which is normal from manchster. low class town and soccer fans. If I had a daughter and they had won 6-0 I would have keep my mouth shut and not whined about the cards or fouls you won so go gloat with the other mindless people you know.

I don't post my name for the same reason you don't post your name. If you want to know who I am or want to meet me in person, just come to one of our games and ask for the parent of the player who has been so undeservingly run down. They will gladly point me out.

You know, for a neutrel observer as you called yourself in the beginning, you have gotten very personal about all this.

[Edited by 5944 on 9-2-02 9:33A]

Posted by Whitey:

I do not know what your copying of SHS01's post means. If it means agreement and acceptance or sarcasm. What ever, please understand this, I and no one else wants to have a bad time with you or any of the folks from Coffee County. No one wants to hurt you, your kids, or the team. I wish you all the best success and sincerely hope the girls have a good season. But also understand this, no one is out to cheat your girls either. Good luck!

I made a mistake the first time I did it. I posted it without my reply. Sorry. Please read my reply to SHS01!

I have seen questionable officiating, and can live with that so long as it is not consistent.

Parents are a bigger problem. Clapping and cheering when they think one of the other teams' player has been hurt. To that end, West Wilson middle school has quite a few Sore Losers for Parents.

We had some SLPs on our team last year, thankfully their daughter is not on the team this year.

Mr. 5944,

I want you to know that I am not thinking any less of either of the 2 teams by any comments that have been made on here by the two sides. Who am I to judge? Just another fan of the game, just a coach, just a player and a ref, I love the game and by what I gather on here both of you gentlemen love the game as well.

Both teams are well coached and they have a lot of competitive players so i bet it was a great game. We have played against both of the teams several times and we have found out that they are always well prepared to play.

I am sorry about my question that appeared rude about what would you do i your daughter said to you" what the crap?", you are right If I knew you i would probably have not asked you that silly question, i apologize, i am sure you are a great father, please accept my apologies for that.

As of Mr. Whitey I want to assure you he is not the official of that game, I know the official and I had him for several games before and he does a fantastic job when he is on the field, as the rest of the officials from the association. I do want you to know one thing though, they are extremely understaffed and over-worked. They do have jobs all day then they go and officiate games after that which tranlate to 12 or even 15 hours shift for a regular "Joe". I tell you right now, I could not do it as good as those guys have been doing and I am around half of their age, no offense intended to anyone older, it is very demanding and mind recking.

I do ask everyone out there to give a hand to those officials instead of "crap" for their every day sacrifice to go work 15 hours a day every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, something that truly they don't have to do anyway.

From me and my parents and my players hats out to all the officials out there on any sport you officiate, Thank you for a job well done.

SHS01