Maryville Rebels

Kidstaxi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrimmages mean nothing. Take the Maryville Oak Ridge scrimmage as an example. Most coaches......and particularly GQ, use scrimmages as a work "practice" and nothing more. The outcome typically mean very little.

your right. but look at the difference of the maryville team since then to now. HUGE improvement. not so much for db. but they did have a good season. im just saying be ready for next year

your right. but look at the difference of the maryville team since then to now. HUGE improvement. not so much for db. but they did have a good season. im just saying be ready for next year

DB had a great season and 1 quarter or so in the playoffs.In order for DB to have competed with Oakland or any of the top teams,they would have had to play four quarters in every game and got some gifts here and there.McMinn was a good example of not playing four quarters,and they were far from a power house.DB has had two real shots at the state in the last several years,but in the last three or four years they have not been real smart in many areas.We will just lock and load and see what happens next year

DB had a great season and 1 quarter or so in the playoffs.In order for DB to have competed with Oakland or any of the top teams,they would have had to play four quarters in every game and got some gifts here and there.McMinn was a good example of not playing four quarters,and they were far from a power house.DB has had two real shots at the state in the last several years,but in the last three or four years they have not been real smart in many areas.We will just lock and load and see what happens next year

All of your posts about Maryville come across like we are about the same kind of team as your DB team .... I guess we'll find out next year how correct your assessment Is .

Vurry true MLREB....Next yeer's backfeeled wif Juhlin, Buddy, and West will be tuff.......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

STARS next years Maryville team will need to step up big time on defensive side of the ball. Offense should be pretty good. 6A will be a huge challenge for them. I'm not sure they will be ready for a run next year but they have some very, good classes coming up. Especially the freshman class this year. Only time will tell. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ya, with tough teams like DB... pshh.

Im suprised at the smack coming from some Maryville fans on this thread directed towards DB. In the past most DB fans have showed respect to Maryville and I didn't see anything against Maryville in this thread. Its true that DB can't win a playoff game, but they have been able to beat the best in the state in regular season. So DB isn't a pushover by any means. Its also true that Maryville's schedule will be much harder than in the past. I do expect Maryville to continue to be that major player in the state in 6A, But I don't think you will see a state championship every year like in the past. Middle Tennesse has ruled 5A for years and I don't see that changing.

Im suprised at the smack coming from some Maryville fans on this thread directed towards DB. In the past most DB fans have showed respect to Maryville and I didn't see anything against Maryville in this thread. Its true that DB can't win a playoff game, but they have been able to beat the best in the state in regular season. So DB isn't a pushover by any means. Its also true that Maryville's schedule will be much harder than in the past. I do expect Maryville to continue to be that major player in the state in 6A, But I don't think you will see a state championship every year like in the past. Middle Tennesse has ruled 5A for years and I don't see that changing.

BatmanDB has brought this on , he's been letting us know how " Average " we are .

BatmanDB has brought this on , he's been letting us know how " Average " we are .

Well I don't know, I just went back and read batmans post and I didn't see anything that shows disrespect. Unless he deleated some post looks like he's just saying your road to a state championship will be a little harder now. I think anybody would agree that is true. I don't think batman was even hinting that you guys arn't going to win "some" state championships in 6A. I just don't think they will come as easly or often as in the past. I wouldn't put money on that though. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Just try to give us a break as DB fans. We have a team year in and year out that can beat just about anybody in regular season, then our coaching staff goes brain dead in the playoffs. We know its gonna' happen. Theres nothing we can do about it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />