farragut vs bearden game

ETNBB

You need to throw your blue tinted glasses away, Farragut has no D-1 players and never do. How many State championships or appearances does Farragut have in basketball? You guys never give credit when it is due, you just hate. When was the last victory over the Dogs??

How many state championships does Bearden have in basketball?

It was in '07 the last time Farragut beat them, swept em in the '06-'07 season, won by 13pts and 7pts. Since then they have lost 4 straight to Bearden.

19, 13, 3, and 9. Those were the margins Bearden won by last season.

fyi, those that cant make it to the game, you should be able to watch it live on wazoosports.com

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just becasue the team does not have any D-1 players does not mean they can not compete with Bearden. There is just as much talent in the whole team for Farragut to Bearden's 4 D-1 players. And why does it matter how may state championships or appearances a team has? That has nothing to do with the game. The team that comes out ready to play and plays as a team will win the game. Whether or not the team has D-1 players or not

This one made me laugh. As I said before, Farragut isn't a bad team, Bearden is just exponentally better.

Watched the game, and here is what I saw

- Bearden basically just curbstomped Farragut to a slimy pulp. The scary part is that Farragut should be really good this year.

- How the Bulldogs did it: By pressing the crap out of the Admirals. It was at a pace that only another team in Knoxville in orange could match.

- Farragut, as I've said multiple times, has a fine team. #52 is a big ol boy, along with the other Seqouias that Farragut has in the post. #10 is also really good, watched him play a couple of times last year.

- Bearden has one of the wildest gyms I have ever seen/heard. Watching the game, and seeing the fan/student section almost on the court was incredible.

- If Bearden gets up like this for Oak Hill, they could win by 10+. No kidding either.

Watched the game, and here is what I saw

- Bearden basically just curbstomped Farragut to a slimy pulp. The scary part is that Farragut should be really good this year.

- How the Bulldogs did it: By pressing the crap out of the Admirals. It was at a pace that only another team in Knoxville in orange could match.

- Farragut, as I've said multiple times, has a fine team. #52 is a big ol boy, along with the other Seqouias that Farragut has in the post. #10 is also really good, watched him play a couple of times last year.

- Bearden has one of the wildest gyms I have ever seen/heard. Watching the game, and seeing the fan/student section almost on the court was incredible.

- If Bearden gets up like this for Oak Hill, they could win by 10+. No kidding either.

Yea Bearden Definatley came out from the start and just poured it on them. I loved it when bearden was up by about 20 in the early parts of the third and then the game started getting pretty chippy. That, in my opinion, lit a fire under bearden that I don't think they would have had other wise and the score probably wouldn't have been as lopsided. Farragut is a good team and will definatley take this and use it for motivation going forward, All I hope is that Bearden doesn't look at the game and become complacent and not compete every night. I guess we will tell on Tuesday.

Good Luck to both teams

Now the question is, can anyone in Tennessee beat Bearden? I watched it on the internet, and from what I saw, they did all this with the usual suspects (Jenkins, Simpson, and Craig) watching most of the game from the bench. Galen Campbell had a great game, as did Nate Parker with two thunderous dunks. I don't know about beating Oak Hill by 10+, but if they play like this it will be a great game that I only hope I can watch from the DC area.

Now the question is, can anyone in Tennessee beat Bearden? I watched it on the internet, and from what I saw, they did all this with the usual suspects (Jenkins, Simpson, and Craig) watching most of the game from the bench. Galen Campbell had a great game, as did Nate Parker with two thunderous dunks. I don't know about beating Oak Hill by 10+, but if they play like this it will be a great game that I only hope I can watch from the DC area.

This is the most impressive boys team I've ever seen. I'm no guru or historian but their length, speed/quickness and ability to play above the rim is simply awesome.

Wow...

I didn't watch the game yet, nor did I listen to all of it. How many of Farragut's 24 turnovers were actually forced? I mean I guess one could claim they were all forced due to the pressure, but I am meaning did Bearden steal the ball or was Farragut just tossing it out of bounds trying to make something out of nothing? What were the fouls like? What about the free throws? Did Bearden shoot alot more than Farragut? Seemed like everytime I heard that Bearden scored they were fouled. Also, on the radio I heard something about a ref pushing a student? What was that about?

I didn't watch the game yet, nor did I listen to all of it. How many of Farragut's 24 turnovers were actually forced? I mean I guess one could claim they were all forced due to the pressure, but I am meaning did Bearden steal the ball or was Farragut just tossing it out of bounds trying to make something out of nothing? What were the fouls like? What about the free throws? Did Bearden shoot alot more than Farragut? Seemed like everytime I heard that Bearden scored they were fouled. Also, on the radio I heard something about a ref pushing a student? What was that about?

Most of the turnovers were forced. It was mainly due to the pressure, but the majority of them were either steals or Farragut passing straight to a Bearden player. There was a fair amount of Farragut just throwing it out of bounds. It didn't seem like there was that much fouling until the game got chippy in the third quarter, which was when Bearden really pulled away. I don't recall Bearden missing more than a handfull of free throws, but I'm not sure how many they took. The refs looked very concerned with both student sections. They tossed a Farragut kid in the first quarter who had some choice words when it was quiet enough for the ref to hear him and tell who he was, so he was tossed. On the Bearden side, they were right on the court, as per usual, and there were a couple situations where farragut was inbounding there that the refs looked like they were pushing people back. It didn't seem as loud as the tape from previous years did, but this year I guess the principals abandoned keeping people off the floor. Once again, bearden looked impressive, and I can't wait to see them square off with Oak Hill if they bring the same intensity.

Just becasue the team does not have any D-1 players does not mean they can not compete with Bearden. There is just as much talent in the whole team for Farragut to Bearden's 4 D-1 players. And why does it matter how may state championships or appearances a team has? That has nothing to do with the game. The team that comes out ready to play and plays as a team will win the game. Whether or not the team has D-1 players or not

84 to41 yeah right, hahahahaha

How many state championships does Bearden have in basketball?

It was in '07 the last time Farragut beat them, swept em in the '06-'07 season, won by 13pts and 7pts. Since then they have lost 4 straight to Bearden.

19, 13, 3, and 9. Those were the margins Bearden won by last season.

fyi, those that cant make it to the game, you should be able to watch it live on wazoosports.com

84 to 41 enough said!!!!!!