CCHS @ Stone Tuesday Night

bigdog

I said their team was not as talented...Davis was the best player on the court but top to bottom stone was more talented....second, saying someone is good but not up to potential is not negative....it is an observation that they could get better...and i bet talent and coaching has something to do with all those teams doing good and not so much with what fans say lol...im at games cheering for our girls but im also realistic

Realistically - Davis dominated the court and Stone did not answer. Dishman made a great effort and in the second half she played big and earned her ALL-STATE RECOGNITION. I am glad to hear you are cheering for the girls because that is what a fan should do. CHEER AND SUPPORT THE TEAM AND LEAVE THE COACHING AND STRATEGY UP TO THE COACH.

You see Stone's success, especially the girl's basketball, softball, and volleyball success has not come easy and there is always tough times. One thing for sure - they have always had to deal with negative criticism. They are just never good enough.

SECONDLY....Most all teams are no where near their potential at this point in the season. I know you are eager and anxiously awaiting them to dominate.....be patient.....and it will come. At this point in the season....most of the players are just getting in basketball shape and are trying to manage and understand the defensive and offensive schemes. Coaches are trying to make changes and evaluate players in order to have success.

JUST KEEP ON CHEERING AND THEY WILL KEEP ON IMPROVING!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HMMM! Upperman was not as talented as Stone? Let's do a player profile analysis. Just take one player - Lashay Davis. It was a very close match-up and I think that Stone should have made some adjustments, but by no means did they loose because they didn't play hard.

In total disagreement about your supportive nature. Again - Stone Memorial's fan base should be supportive of their high school athletes, not slaundering them. Why are Clarkrange, Upperman, Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and Jackson Co. teams to successful? Hmmmm!! Perhaps because they have true fans that support their teams when their great and when their rebuilding. Do you see any Clarkrange or Cookeville fans talking about their hometown high school athletes in such a negative manner? No.

i really dont think u can compare stone to clarkrange or jackson... i would love for you to go to a stone girls practice and then go to a clarkrange practice... and as for destiny... good player,very versitle but not a great leader... i have sat behind the bench where she comes off the court complaining and blaming everyone but herself... i think it should be obvious to any real basketball fan that stone girls have been underacheiving when they go down at state in the first round....... two years ago a marshall team with no seniors beats stone, yes i believe marshall went to the finals but that should of been stone girls in the finals... last year... stone girls let one girl beat them at state... i think the most of the problems start on the practice court...stone girls are as TALENTED as anyone in the state but when they are playing an "open gym" style of offense all the time its not going to work against other good teams

Well if a player thinks they are good enough to read their own press clippings then they need to be able to take criticism. I wish destiny the best at Trevecca and hope she is a four year starter, but if she can't take a little criticism of her game she is not going to make it in college. Tim Smith is a nice man but he hardly ever yells at his players. So pretty much for the last four years she has had no criticism of her game. However I do think she will be a good player in college! Good luck Destiny!!!

I've heard some people think I've put some of these comments on this board. With that being said, I thought I would go ahead and give my two cents worth. We moved to Crossville this summer. My daughter does play for the Lady Panthers and is absolutely loving it. With all the stuff beng said on this board, I can assure all the previous posters that this team is doing just fine. Is Destiny a "Great Player", I guess that really depends on your definition of great, In my eyes, she's very good, probably one of the better high school players I've seen and I've watched a ton of basketball. Are there things she can improve on, of course. If there werent, the WNBA would already be knocking on her door. The other girls, they too are good players. My daughter came from a team that relied on her to play very aggressive at the post. Although most people would consider her undersized, I personnaly think she holds her own. She has played against players in AAU that were 6'3 and 250lbs and never once backed away from them, even doing a very good job against them most of the time. Of course, I'm her dad so I guess I'm just a little biased. As for Coach Tim, BELIEVE me when I say that the girls on this team are blessed to have him. Not just for Coaching them after school and during the games, but for the relationships he's built with them, of course again, I can only speak about the things I've heard my daughter say. I would love to see Stone work the ball more inside, however, we realized when we moved up here that Stone is more of a run and gun team. I think the lady panthers will be just fine and will make progress as the season continues. Again, believe me when I tell you this team is in good shape and will be fine by Districts and Region Tournament time.

I've heard some people think I've put some of these comments on this board. With that being said, I thought I would go ahead and give my two cents worth. We moved to Crossville this summer. My daughter does play for the Lady Panthers and is absolutely loving it. With all the stuff beng said on this board, I can assure all the previous posters that this team is doing just fine. Is Destiny a "Great Player", I guess that really depends on your definition of great, In my eyes, she's very good, probably one of the better high school players I've seen and I've watched a ton of basketball. Are there things she can improve on, of course. If there werent, the WNBA would already be knocking on her door. The other girls, they too are good players. My daughter came from a team that relied on her to play very aggressive at the post. Although most people would consider her undersized, I personnaly think she holds her own. She has played against players in AAU that were 6'3 and 250lbs and never once backed away from them, even doing a very good job against them most of the time. Of course, I'm her dad so I guess I'm just a little biased. As for Coach Tim, BELIEVE me when I say that the girls on this team are blessed to have him. Not just for Coaching them after school and during the games, but for the relationships he's built with them, of course again, I can only speak about the things I've heard my daughter say. I would love to see Stone work the ball more inside, however, we realized when we moved up here that Stone is more of a run and gun team. I think the lady panthers will be just fine and will make progress as the season continues. Again, believe me when I tell you this team is in good shape and will be fine by Districts and Region Tournament time.

your daughter holds her own very well and i think she is not used near enough...if they get her going consistently scoring to go along with her rebounding that will just make stone that much better

your daughter holds her own very well and i think she is not used near enough...if they get her going consistently scoring to go along with her rebounding that will just make stone that much better

i think if the girls would start the game early with a post presence it would open up the three later and add some balance to their offense but like everyone says on here the great basketball mind coach smith will figure it out later

• 3 weeks later...

Great job Lady Jets! It has to be rewarding for the coaches and the girls to see all the hard work begin to pay off. They are really having a great season so far. What is even more impressive is that they are winning playing so many young players. Only 2 seniors and 1 junior that see much action. There are times that 3 freshmen and a sophomore are on the court with TW or MM. The future looks good if they continue to work hard!

I sat here and read this thread and have been impressed with the knowledge of the posts about your Schools and picked out the scores of the match up last night as one of the best games BUT it's obvious that picking out one player and beating her to death just shows that you may be going nowhere. No one player takes their schools fortunes to State. Leave this player alone and she will do her part but continue to analyze her and she will lose confidence and will the players around her. Why would they want to go thru the same self analysis? Encourage your players.

cchs seemed to of wore down the stone girls with full court pressure the whole night... not really adding pressure to get steals but it did make the girls work to get the ball up the floor which seemed to take its toll on the stone girls legs by the fourth quarter. that being said the stone girls seem to just do their own thing on the court... you never see the coach yell out a play and the girls get into different spots or do any good movements towards the basket(i know the coach was not there but i am talking about for the whole year not two games)... they seem to take a more pro level offensive attack, one or two passes and take your person off the dribble or shoot a three. just my thoughts on the team, not trying to critique anyones coaching style or anything so i dont need the lady panther fans getting on here telling me to be a good fan cause well if the girls or coaches are that uptight about their game or their coaching style to let if affect their game that someone on COACHT doesnt like what they are doing then something is a lot more wrong than some bad fans

befighter just to let you know i do not post the pictures of those games. if you are a parent of a cchs player i will be glad to email or get you a disc of the pictures. i tried to post last year and someone complained about a crowd picture to the school and the principal asked for it to be taken off. if you look at any crowd pictures people are moving around. sorry!!! panther mom..