CONGRATS TO A GREAT , CLASSY TEAM .. HILLSBORO

pepvol

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with Hillsboro and did not expect them to win this one without their starting QB. Congrats to them.

Definitely a HUGE accomplishment! They essentially beat both Henry County and Maryville without starting QB Greg Young (#11). He did throw a 71 yard TD pass on the first drive against Henry County before being injured on the next one. Credit to the HHS coaching staff and defense for really staying together and not allowing that adversity to overcome them.

Sorry to all Hillsboro fans , I won't adress anything but Hillsboro on this thread .

Enjoy your all's great Victory Hillsboro , I hope we get to see Gordon wearing the Orange next year ... plus a few of your other very talented players in the years to come too !

I would LOVE to see Gordon and Crutcher sign with UTK. Combined with Zach Rogers who has already said he will retain his commitment, that would be some MAJOR speed and athleticism for UTK!

thanks pepvol, you have displayed great class in handling an undoubtedly tough loss. i think most of the hillsboro fans (myself included) have ridden off in the sunset to a land of bliss after this great victory. theres not much incentive to talk about it on coacht! oh, gordon got an in-home visit from kiffin the other day!

I hope He is wearing Bue & gold & white, At my old school he could start right away.

All three could possibly start right away at UTK too under Kiffin. I mean UTK needs much more SPEED to match up personnel-wise with the rest of the SEC. Crutcher, Gordon, and Zach Rogers all bring that to the table.

Here is a funny story after the game. Me and my nephew was walking out of the stadium after the Hillsboro/Maryville game. There was this huge guy going nuts.He was hollering like crazy. He went up to a bunch of Hillsboro fans outside the gate. He was saying "Maryville is 74-1 right now" "Hillsboro is your state champs" "Hillsboro fans we are going to celebrate" I am going to the club and all the drinks are on me" 'Maryvile fans you are welcome to come along"

Congratulations to Hillsboro on their State Title.

pucker up pepvol, they were ok . if not for the turnovers rebels would be 75-0 , stick to your guns dont let gaybladerunner have the last word, you two would make a great couple. did rebelron and qb7 share a bed with roaddy at the doubletree. next year watch out for dragons, lions ,tigers, wildkittys /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and bears. maybe even govs , admirals and mountnears. bulldogs , 3 different rebels and the luck of the irish they gonna need it. everybody take cover here comes a tornado thats gonna have everybody running for cover except for the 1st week when it will be nothing but a brezze. go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dragons

One thing that being a Maryville fan will do for you: you get long and up close glimpses of what champions look like. Hillsboro - you look like the real deal. Congratulations. You guys are warriors. You managed to do something others have only talked about for five years: you scored more points.

Hat's off.

How about a scrimmage come early August at, say, Tennessee Tech?

One thing that being a Maryville fan will do for you: you get long and up close glimpses of what champions look like. Hillsboro - you look like the real deal. Congratulations. You guys are warriors. You managed to do something others have only talked about for five years: you scored more points.

Hat's off.

How about a scrimmage come early August at, say, Tennessee Tech?

Man, I would drive up to Tech and pay money to watch a scrimmage between HHS and Maryville.

However, I do wonder if HHS and Maryville would ever consider doing something like a scrimmage or regular season game at a neutral location sometime in the future since they won't be playing each other for the state championship again.