Who will be new MTCS coach?

mofototo50

What does certified math teacher have to do with his qualifications as a head coach? Private schools do not require certification.

Certain Private schools may not have to have certified teachers. However a small private school who can find a head football coach who is also a certified teacher in math is a big bonus and possibly be able justify paying a bit more for his services.

I think a private school who does not have certified teachers, is possibly a school that may not have a good future.

Are you his agent, or publicist?

An interested party-smarty.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain Private schools may not have to have certified teachers. However a small private school who can find a head football coach who is also a certified teacher in math is a big bonus and possibly be able justify paying a bit more for his services.

I think a private school who does not have certified teachers, is possibly a school that may not have a good future.

An interested party-smarty.

It would be tough to find anyone with a better resume, Vandy. Sound to me like that would be a great hire.

Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Boyd-Buchanan, Harding Academy (Memphis), Friendship, Jackson Christian: all programs who have enjoyed recent success and all staffed with members of the Church of Christ. I dare say there might be a good candidate on one of those staffs. Also, I happen to know several other coaches around the state at non-private schools that happen to be members of the Church of Christ. It doesn't limit the search as badly as people seem to think.

Just a note - Friendship has been non-denom for several years. Although, they've had very little turnover in their coaching ranks so I'd say most of the coaches are COC. Get the MTCS basketball coach to make a few calls. He's a Friendship alum.

I think they should be announcing a new coach sometime in the near future from what I have heard. They have had good canidates supposedly and most people see that you can win at the school now. The Cougars schedule next year should put the team to the test early and often and this new coach will have to get this team ready for Week 0 which is against Friendship.

Cougar Schedule: (Games not in order)

Friendship Christian

Watertown

Cannon County

Huntland

Cascade

Community

Forrest

Eagleville

Moore County

and one more non-region game I can't think of, but I know it is a tough one too...

That is stepping their game up considering last year I think, although 5-1A was an extremely difficult region.

I think they should be announcing a new coach sometime in the near future from what I have heard. They have had good canidates supposedly and most people see that you can win at the school now. The Cougars schedule next year should put the team to the test early and often and this new coach will have to get this team ready for Week 0 which is against Friendship.

Cougar Schedule: (Games not in order)

Friendship Christian

Watertown

Cannon County

Huntland

Cascade

Community

Forrest

Eagleville

Moore County

and one more non-region game I can't think of, but I know it is a tough one too...

That is stepping their game up considering last year I think, although 5-1A was an extremely difficult region.

I think the other game is Ezell-Harding

I have heard rumors, but nothing for sure. I heard that they were down to four and 3 of those 4 have been or are head coaches now. I do know it is going to be tough for whoever gets the job, because the team lost a lot of talent.

The team lost 6 seniors and 1 junior.

Dillon Wade- RB/S

Devin Brunsvold- OL/LB- 1st Team All State

Chip Dunn WR/S

Kyle Pitts- WR/LB

Eric Compton WR/LB

Scot Bartilson- QB/DE

Gabe Welker- QB/LB

You are losing your top 2 QB, your RB, 3 of the 5 WR that played, and your all state OL/LB. The loss of Welker will really hurt because he had a chance to step in and be a running QB on a team that is losing its WR corps and top RB. It will probably be on the shoulders of Ivey Starling, a sophomore to step in and take the reigns, which means they are going to have to give the ball to Coats & Brent, and find creative ways to get their two big play makers for next year Chris Beasley and RJ Miller the ball. I think the team will be good defensively, but nowhere as good as this years team was. The big strength could be up front and I could defenitly see the Cougars going to a power running game if Nathan Coats and Stephen Brent are the options in the backfield.

If I was associated with MTCS, I would probably be even more upset with SHAD right now. It doesn't seem like he did them any favors in the scheduling - How could a Single A team not find any Single A teams to play outside their region next season? From the looks of their schedule, the only Single A teams they are playing are going to be Eagleville, Moore County, and Huntland (All Region Games). Loosing those kind of players after a playoff year, then leaving looks real bad on his part from where I stand. You can talk about all the promises broken all you want, but if you took the job and did what he did after a year then leave, it looks like you are totally in it for yourself...NOT THE KIDS.

I have heard rumors, but nothing for sure. I heard that they were down to four and 3 of those 4 have been or are head coaches now. I do know it is going to be tough for whoever gets the job, because the team lost a lot of talent.

The team lost 6 seniors and 1 junior.

Dillon Wade- RB/S

Devin Brunsvold- OL/LB- 1st Team All State

Chip Dunn WR/S

Kyle Pitts- WR/LB

Eric Compton WR/LB

Scot Bartilson- QB/DE

Gabe Welker- QB/LB

You are losing your top 2 QB, your RB, 3 of the 5 WR that played, and your all state OL/LB. The loss of Welker will really hurt because he had a chance to step in and be a running QB on a team that is losing its WR corps and top RB. It will probably be on the shoulders of Ivey Starling, a sophomore to step in and take the reigns, which means they are going to have to give the ball to Coats & Brent, and find creative ways to get their two big play makers for next year Chris Beasley and RJ Miller the ball. I think the team will be good defensively, but nowhere as good as this years team was. The big strength could be up front and I could defenitly see the Cougars going to a power running game if Nathan Coats and Stephen Brent are the options in the backfield.

Certainly hurts losing the seniors -- no argument there; they were invaluable on the field and in the lockerroom. However, the receiving corps as a whole could very well be better than last year. Lot's of talent there. OL and DL return except for 1. Losing the "stars" of last year leaves a void but overall "team" may be better and deeper.

The juinor that left is terrific and would have been one of the best on either side of the ball.

Who knows what the new coach's scheme will be? Lot's of unanswerred questions at this point. I also hope that the success Shad helped create last year encourages some other boys to come out and play. There are several that would be a big help to the team.

If I was associated with MTCS, I would probably be even more upset with SHAD right now. It doesn't seem like he did them any favors in the scheduling - How could a Single A team not find any Single A teams to play outside their region next season? From the looks of their schedule, the only Single A teams they are playing are going to be Eagleville, Moore County, and Huntland (All Region Games). Loosing those kind of players after a playoff year, then leaving looks real bad on his part from where I stand. You can talk about all the promises broken all you want, but if you took the job and did what he did after a year then leave, it looks like you are totally in it for yourself...NOT THE KIDS.

Two schools of thought: (1) schedule creampuffs to boost your record and maybe your confidence or (2) since the games probably do not matter in terms of making the playoffs, schedule opponents that will help you get better.

I agree with you that it does look bad leaving after one season, but in the coaching profession are you not looking to better yourself.