William Blount 2009

tpoole12

Lots of new faces are in the mix for this season, both in the coaching staff and on the field.

The first day of full pads was yesterday. I know the guys are excited to finally get out there and hit someone again, and I'm just as excited!

This year we should be much improved, especially if we stay relatively injury-free. There's a real buzz around this season...I think it could be something special

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of new faces are in the mix for this season, both in the coaching staff and on the field.

The first day of full pads was yesterday. I know the guys are excited to finally get out there and hit someone again, and I'm just as excited!

This year we should be much improved, especially if we stay relatively injury-free. There's a real buzz around this season...I think it could be something special

I guarantee you the record will be better.

Good luck to the Govs....

I guarantee you the record will be better.

Good luck to the Govs....

For all who know him, I just talked to Logan York's mother and he went from surgery to recovery at about 2 pm today. The initial word is that the surgeon found the defect in Logans heart and was able to repair it. For those that don't know Logan, he is a freshman at William Blount and had to go to the hospital after Mondays practice. It was discovered that he had an "extra exciter circuit" in his heart which is sort of an electrical circuit in the heart running from top to bottom that tells the heart to beat faster when needed. Logan had an extra circuit that runs from bottom back to top that closed the loop and kept it beating fast all the time, and during exercise made it beat like 250 bpm, so this young man is very lucky it was discovered and able to be fixed. Lets keep him in our prayers, he is at Fort Sanders @ the UT area.

Go Govs

We need to add another member of the William Blount family to our prayer list. CJ Shores is a fixture around WB sports and has been for the past 15 or so years. He helps run the scoreboard for football and he is the official scorer for basketball. CJ is at Blount Memorial in serious condition suffering from kidney failure and some heart complications. Last word I heard--Coach Baumann visited him today--is that there is some improvement but he's still in serious condition and facing an uphill battle. Pray for CJ please.

I bet Blount is glad they dont have to play Ooltewah anymore.

Really mature posts Phish. Noticed you put the same thing on a Farragut board. What we'll both be glad about is that we won't have to play the "Ooltewah referees" anymore. It's the only way you guys have ever been able to beat us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now ... stay off our boards minnow.

Oh no... I forgot about Jesse.. Dang, what a difference a year makes.. I think Jesse is a great kid with a good arm. He had more to endure than any young man should ever have to at such a young age. The fact that he could just maintain speaks volumes about his character.

I keep hearing that we are changing the scheme so I'm not sure what style of QB we will need but we should at least have a few to choose from...

tpoole12

I agree what a difference a year makes. When DG went dont...that turned out to be a blessing in disguise for this season....the Govs are loaded at QB for a very long time......the Soph could be very good...