Goodpasture Struggles w/NCS

highschoolfan

GP is still number 1 until they get beat, which the won't. We go to camp with them and we know how good they are. We know week one is a tune up to beat up on Lipscomb the way they usuall do (kinda like us and BDP). There whole season hinges on that game according to them and they will do whatever it takes. They have better coaches and players.

I will tell you more next week. This week I have to focus on Whitehouse!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are still the best 2A team in the state. I know this because we go to camp with them. They use preseason and week 1 as a tuneup for Lipscomb. They will beat Lipscomb again because they have better coaches and players.

They beat Lipscomb the way we beat Whitehouse. Usually close, but we win in the end. I will tell you more about them next week, this week it is all about the Panthers and BDP!

People need to understand this was just a jamboree. I have seen GP scrimmage first hand and they are good. Like someone else pointed out the didn't score much on Nash. Christ. last year eighter, probably because the took their starters out quick. Goodpasture is still the team to beat.

While there is no question GP has the better team, if for no other reasons superior numbers, they were in shock. Last year they played starters a couple of series and put in 2's and 3's. This year when they both pulled starters it was 13-13. If they played 10 times GP would probably win 10, but give those NCS kids credit, almost all starters have to play both ways.

I agree with the last guy. Goodpasture did not look very good. They didn't look very good the last two scrimmages either. They may have more talent then last year but I don't believe there team play will be as good. I say they have better talent than last year although they lost one of the best qb's and receivers in school history along with one of the top three or four players in school history in Eakes. They are replacing 4 offensive all staters and two super defensive players. And virtually every leader they had.

I always thought last years team was short changed a bit and didn't receive the credit they deserved for how good they were. I think what I've seen so far shows how difficult it is to reach that level and win a title.

That's just my opinion. See everyone at Ryan this week.

gp has about 20 juniors but onl 6 or 7 of them.#10 their quarterbck which is prettty good i might add i have heared rumors that he is supposed to be the best gp has ever had.#42 thier fullback also good.#9 i think his name is brandon williams he is also very good he started last year and did very good as a sop.#58 a lineman who returns from last year.#32 and # 2 are in the rotation at reciever dont know how good they are yet.gp will be just fine ,they will win the clinic bowl this year garunteed

Guest timbranard

hey football fan....you may be right, i am not sure about the record before the last 2 years, i can't remember, but keyword is "before". You said it. That might have been true but that was BEFORE this is now. DL is not as good as GHS. this is a true rivalry. But it might turn into a UT VANDY type rivalry. The UT being GHS of course. GHS is just a better team. Let's face it...