Goodpasture Struggles w/NCS

highschoolfan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by timbranard:

since it was just the jamboree, the cougars scored 2 with their starters and then put in their 2's and they let them score twice...

Their starters scored on GP once that I know of. I left after the first quarter. Goodpasture was not impressive.

However FRA was impressive. This is the best team they've had in a while. They were big and fast. I've seen Ezell and FRA now and I think FRA may have more talent outside of Antoine.

Don't be fooled by a jamboree half. Goodpasture was not very impressive in 2001 in the NCS jamboree against Nashville Christian either-yet they brought home the state championship at the end of the year.

A jamboree is basically a chance to wear your game uniform, get the starters a little contact, keep everyone healthy and pick up a check for your cut of the gate.

I have seen Goodpasture in scrimmages involving Lewis County many times since 1980 and they have never looked impressive. I have come to the conclusion that it is by design..lol They turn it up several notches when the real lights come on. My opinion is that they are the #1 AA team in the state until somebody knocks them off the top.

I have watched GHS football for seven years now. I think they lose more scrimmages than they win. My son hated scrimmages because it usually meant one series and out. But youngsters always play for Cougars. That is why they reload with experience. For Coach Martin it's a ten week season that begins with week six. They are 27-2 the last three years after week five. so don't get too excited one way or another until then.

why are all u people bashing gp they really didnt look that bad last night for the starters only playing 1 quarter,their qb #10 looked pretty good i thought exspecially one pass deep that was very nicly thrown.also the o-line looked good they return all but one this year and the one that took over looked good.degrijis and buggs looked good and the fullback#42 looked pretty good to(he put a big lick on someone while running).#88 the reciever for gp is huge he should be a good target to throw to.if anyone has information on how these players and other players are supposed to be(if they are supposed to be good or not) please post i ton here bc i would like to know.

Hopefully Goodpasture will pull it together like they usually do....not saying that they played bad Friday night...the starters only played a quarter and it is a scrimmage!!!! Although they lost some talent in the seniors last year they also return a lot of talent for this season..... look for #50 Clary to lead the defense if he stays healthy and on offense hopefully the new QB will gain confidence early on in the season.... GooD LucK CoUgArS!!