Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

I was there..And Humboldt is impressive..And as far as being lazy..Could it be that Lake Co was just as good and a quicker team..Lake Co had just played in Illinois and the guards had played every game..just about every minute..And still were quicker than the Humboldt guards.!Yall can keep saying..Humboldt is this..Humboldt is that..But like Yankee said..Humboldt had everything in their favor..Lake Co had been playing..Humboldt had time to prepare just for Lake Co..Humboldt was at home..Been blowing teams out..!Supposedly Lake co couldn't handle all that speed..that the Humboldt press was just too much..Seems now that Humboldt is crying about pressing now...lol..Lake Co was the quicker team..A loss is still a loss..but for anyone not from Humboldt..Are they more impressed by Lake Co playing Humboldt in front of standing room crowd ..toe to toe..supposedelt the best Humboldt team in 30 years..and only being down 1 point with 19 seconds left to play and having to foul or more impressed with Humboldt by winning by 1!

Quit using the excuse of them being tired and without their legs. These boys are 15-18 years old. You act as if they are 30-40 years old and are about to retire in the NBA. These boys have been running sprints ever since the end of last season. I highly doubt that their legs are gone. They were done with the tournament on the 30th. That gives them Dec. 31st, Jan, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (day) to rest and practice. These boys have played basketball nearly every day of their lives. That whole excuse is nonsense.

As for the game, I have never been a fan of Quan Campbell in basketball. Football, yes but not basketball. Joseph Gordon is our best point guard. Quan can dribble and drive, but whenever he gets in a crowd of defenders he picks up the ball and throws it away. I believe he had 8-10 of those 18 turnovers Humboldt had. His shot is not great either. Joseph Gordon IMO is the best ball handler Humboldt has and can break any press by himself. Raphael Tyler was the best player on the floor for Lake Co. He is very quick with the ball. Avery is also a very good player, but never saw him do much because he was mostly sitting under the basket. I never saw him get out from under the basket. To be honest, he NEVER came out of the game. Humboldt stayed in the Full Court press too long. After Lake Co. made 3 shots off of the 3 on 1 matchup, we should've pulled out of it and went to the half court trap or zone. Humboldt is the best team in the district and I still believe we are 10 points better than Lake Co. There's no point in arguing about this anymore and I'm not planning on it either. I've seen us play before and I know that wasn't our best game. Bigster said that this was one of the top 4 best games Lake Co. has played. This might have been the 2nd worst game Humboldt has played this year. 27 days until the rematch. See you there.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Question: Was this the best Lake County has played. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

YES WE PLAYED BAD AND PEOPLE WE STILL WON WE WON IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND OTHER PEOPLE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING . I BELIEVE SOMEONE POSTED THAT IF HUMBOLDT WON PEOPLE WOULD STILL TALK BAD AND IF WE LOST WE WOULD BE ROASTED OVER OPEN FIRE. SO ALL I CAN SAY IS ALRIGHT Game and we won

I'm saying right here right now neither Humboldt nor lake County will win the Championship. UC came from behind and beat Manassas last season....this is a different season. If anybody has the cahones to go on the record right now for the whole world to see and say Humboldt is going to win it all do it now. If people ae going to get on here and talk trash at least take a stand.

I'm saying for the whole word to see that Manassas is going to win the Single A State Championship

Humboldts only chance of upsetting Manssas is to play perfect game and get Buckner in fould troubel at the same time.

All the talk about rivalry don't count in this game in my opinion. If ever there was a golden opportunity to put a team away amd make a statement this was it and Humboldt failed in that regard.

AGAIN, IF ANY POSTER ON HERE WANTS TO GO ON THE RECORD RIGHT NOW AND PICK HUMBOLDT AS THE 2008/2009 STATE CHAMPION DO IT.........DO'T BE SCARED.

This is starting to border on the ridicouls. Bigster is one of the most respected posters on this board and is getting crucified for sticking up for Lake County. And all anyone hears about Humboldt is they had a bad game...THAT'S A BUNCH OF BS. Lake county didn't even prepare for this game and played Humboldt to the wire....THAT IS A FACT.

In conclusion....this game tells me Humboldt is not ready for prime time....When I say primetime I'm speaking of Manassas.......clearly they are one of the top Single A team in the State......but, not in the same league as Manassas.

Reginald Buckner would clean HUmboldts bigs clock...take that to the bank....Keep in mind Manassas has another big 6'5 that is averaing 12 and 10 a game.

It amazes me how a team can have so much good will built up going into the season and the fans (not all fans either) can literally turn the rest of the area against them.......I have seen enough basketball throughout my lifetime that i'm not fooled. I have been waiting on this particulat game to make and honest judgement if Humboldt had a legit shot against Manassas and I come away saying NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Not a HOMER for either team and if i honestly though Humboldt could go toe to toe with Manassas I would say it for the whole world to see.

Now, Humblodt can go back and enjoy those 30/40 point wins against inferior competition and wait for the next game against Lake County.......Clearly Lake County is the only team on the schedule that will give Humboldt a real game.

MANASSAS WILL WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.......THATS MY STATEMENT!!!!!!!!! IF I'M WRONG SO BE IT IT, WOULDN'T BE THE FIRST TIME.

I full expect people to take a step back form crowning Humboldt State Champions after lake County went toe to toe with them last night. For those that put stock in blowing out weak teams night in night out I got news for you......BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully those that believe that way learned a valuable lesson last night.....but, I doubt it.

Wow..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wow..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

since i refuse to go on other post i feel safe going on yours. i am sticking with my vikings to the end if we win we win and if we lose it is always next year. i am going down with humboldt winning state. i am a true fan and i dont jump on and off the band wagon. and i would like to say if you are for humboldt be for humboldt dont dog them and them try to be with themn if we would have lost last night i would stilll be cheering for the vikes. cant wait till to see the show down and missed ya at the game it was hot and my blood pressure was up i like those types of games /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

since i refuse to go on other post i feel safe going on yours. i am sticking with my vikings to the end if we win we win and if we lose it is always next year. i am going down with humboldt winning state. i am a true fan and i dont jump on and off the band wagon. and i would like to say if you are for humboldt be for humboldt dont dog them and them try to be with themn if we would have lost last night i would stilll be cheering for the vikes. cant wait till to see the show down and missed ya at the game it was hot and my blood pressure was up i like those types of games /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm actually a Dyer County fan........you are a good fan BERNITHIA, Vikings are lucky to have fans like you /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> . Not gonna lie to ya though....gonna be real hard if ya'll make it going up against Manassas. Yankees is a good guy...I know him off the boards and he calls it like he sees it. He don't mean any disrespect....he sees tons of teams play and just goes by what he knows. I hated missing the game....maybe I can make the one at LC. If you ever wanna come to a DC game you are welcome to sit with me....we like to get loud too!!!!!

Lol it's hard to argue with what Yankee is saying. I'll admit I though HBT could beat LC by about 10 pts but.... it did not happen. I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says. Although I kinda got to go with FrankieD on the whole "legs" deal. LC & HBT are both in the top five overall in single A. I know I might get dogged out for saying this but hey I'm a level headed fan. I think Manassas is the team to beat. I'm not saying HBT can't beat them....but if they play like they did last night I don't think it'll happen.

Quit using the excuse of them being tired and without their legs. These boys are 15-18 years old. You act as if they are 30-40 years old and are about to retire in the NBA. These boys have been running sprints ever since the end of last season. I highly doubt that their legs are gone. They were done with the tournament on the 30th. That gives them Dec. 31st, Jan, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (day) to rest and practice. These boys have played basketball nearly every day of their lives. That whole excuse is nonsense.

As for the game, I have never been a fan of Quan Campbell in basketball. Football, yes but not basketball. Joseph Gordon is our best point guard. Quan can dribble and drive, but whenever he gets in a crowd of defenders he picks up the ball and throws it away. I believe he had 8-10 of those 18 turnovers Humboldt had. His shot is not great either. Joseph Gordon IMO is the best ball handler Humboldt has and can break any press by himself. Raphael Tyler was the best player on the floor for Lake Co. He is very quick with the ball. Avery is also a very good player, but never saw him do much because he was mostly sitting under the basket. I never saw him get out from under the basket. To be honest, he NEVER came out of the game. Humboldt stayed in the Full Court press too long. After Lake Co. made 3 shots off of the 3 on 1 matchup, we should've pulled out of it and went to the half court trap or zone. Humboldt is the best team in the district and I still believe we are 10 points better than Lake Co. There's no point in arguing about this anymore and I'm not planning on it either. I've seen us play before and I know that wasn't our best game. Bigster said that this was one of the top 4 best games Lake Co. has played. This might have been the 2nd worst game Humboldt has played this year. 27 days until the rematch. See you there.

Why don't you personally go up and ask every coach you see at every game you go to if playing 5 games in 5 days doesn't have any effect........I have personnaly heard two of the greatest coaches in this area say otherwise (Rick Rudesill from Bolivar and Dexter Williams from Liberty)....it probably wouldn't have any effect playing in the Gibson County Christmas tournemet though!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Christmas Day Dec 25

Dec 26 Lake County beats Union County Ky 80 to 54 in Marrion Ill

Dec 27 Lake County beats Trigg County Ky 103 to 78

Dec 28 Sunday

Dec 29 Lake County beats Herrin Ill 72 to 67

Dec 30 Lake County beats Marion Ill 84 to 69 (11:00 AM)

Dec 30 Lake County beats Paducah St Mary's 67 to 57 (5:30PM)

De 31 New Years Eve (I doubt Lake County practiced at all)

Jan 1 New Years day (If any practice it was most likely very light without any serious game preperation)

Jan2 Friday (probably practiced and tried to get ready for Humboldt)

Jan 3 game day Lake County 65 @ Humboldt 70

Humboldts last game was Dec 22 against Milan. I know for a fact Humboldt had been practicing just about everyday against some of the former Humboldt greats because the coach said it. It was in todays paper.

Do you think that Humboldt played one of their worst games because they weren't playing Gleason or Halls?

I guarantee that they look better Tuesday when they play South Fulton.

Kinda common sense that when you play good teams (Lake County) they make you look not as good as when you play bad teams (Gleason).

Finally some good old common sense on coacht. Your opponent has a lot to do with the way you play. Why do some people not want to admit that. I have no problem saying that another team is better just at some point acknowledge that the opponent may have had something to do with your poor play. Humboldt nor Lake County or any team operates in a vaccum when they play a team that has talent also. That ain't the end of the world.....good grief.

You are absolutely correct. If you are running and gunning and you have guards with their hands on the shirts and knees to hold their arms up, and you have quality substitutes why not use them. When LC's guard got hurt and came out of the game for a couple of plays he was about to pass out. A good coach would notice that and everytime he gets the ball it would be so much pressure put on them. LC was poofed at the late part of the 2nd quarter, If it had been noticed Humboldt could have poured on the heat instead of using players that are just as tired.

I give Union City all the credit in the world, because Sisco will kill you to the best of his athletes ability just because he keeps fresh feet in the game. He doesn't have the athletes this year but he still has great strategy.

Boykin, has played every game with fresh player rotation, He should have kept it up here.

That's why the 3's were not raining for LC, they were dog tired, and Humboldt didn't take advantage of the situation. Even Avery was huffing very hard.

Humboldt didn't play their best game and it wasn't because LC was a better opponent.

HOW BOUT THAT CROWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice is no longer in wonderland....

Lol it's hard to argue with what Yankee is saying. I'll admit I though HBT could beat LC by about 10 pts but.... it did not happen. I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says. Although I kinda got to go with FrankieD on the whole "legs" deal. LC & HBT are both in the top five overall in single A. I know I might get dogged out for saying this but hey I'm a level headed fan. I think Manassas is the team to beat. I'm not saying HBT can't beat them....but if they play like they did last night I don't think it'll happen.

I would have to agree 100% that you are a level headed fan and I pay attention to what you have to say. I said going intio the saeson Humboldt could have a specail season and they are on there way to one to. The level of competition is whats going to hurt them in the end in my opinion. They need more than one tough opponent on the schedule to prepare for a team like Manassas. Buckner is probably one of the top 3 defensive big men in the country and that is not a stretch...He is really that diominate on the defensive end and has the skillss to play all 5 positions on the offensive end. Good luck to Humboldt and Lake County both!!!!!! and Manassas!!!!!