Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

I tell you what. This thread has well over 400 post and if one can read through all the BS there is some good information to be gleaned from some of the post...About 90% is all talk and about 10% has some real good solid insight and information. Whether Mansassas, Humboldt, Lake County, Temple, or whoever wins the state I can assue you i'm no idiot and I know what I'm talking about. You can take that to the bank. I picked Manassas to win last season and they lost so I was wrong...No big deal to me. I also called for a Manassas/UC matchup and didn;t go out on a limb until the day before the game because I was a bit unsure...but, if I had to make a call I went with manassas and that was not a bad call even though they lost. I don't straddle the fence like some slick politican.....I say what I honestly think...That's all!!!!!! Your more than welcome to crown me a genious but and Idiot I am not...I can assure you I can stand up and make very very good arguments for what i say on here. The only reason i said what i said anyway is because I believe it to be true and I was kinda getting tired of everybody attacking bigster like a pack of wolves and using the excuse that Humboldt had a bad game and giving Lake County 0 credit for Humbolts performance or lack there of....without even taking into consideration that lake County most likey didn't even prepare for he game. Wonder if the outcome would have been the same had Lake County actually had time to prepare for the game....Guess what, Noone will ever know. All I was saying before the game is that this would be a telling game for Humboldt in more ways tthan one and they had a chance to make a statement and failed in that regard. I'ts not like it's the end of the world. This was the game I was looking at to to see if Lake County measured up to teams like Bolivar and Lberty and I can say with confidence they don't.

Yea..Humboldt had been giving me a hard time..but I love it..I've met Red once before and just like the rest of the Humboldt faithful are pround of their team and they should be..Very talented...Humboldt may very well beat us by 20 points the next time we play..I don't think so but it could happen!Never know ..sometimes the ball just can't find the basket and we may have 25 turnovers..I'm also smart enough to know sometimes it's about matchups..A team like Trenton wasn't able to handle the Humboldt press like Lake Co did and had a harder time shooting over Humboldt..Trenton matches up with Lake Co better so probably is going to be a closer game..And if Trenton is really hitting those 3 point shots..could be a tough time winninhg..We do have one thing in common..The Memphis Tiger!Is there any other team..My uncle use to pick recruits up at the airport and show them around the cith and the school..I use to go to the campus where some of them would be messing aroung..Bill Laurie..Bill Cook..Dexter Reed etc..I remember the old Missouri Valley days..I has season tickets and went to the first game in the Pyramid ever against Depaul..I have some old tapes of Memphis against Georgetown..Bobby Parks slamming over Patrick Ewing..Old tapes between Oklahoma and Wayman Tisdale...Thanks for taking my side though..Appreciate it..Against Humboldt..It's a losing battle...but I think they're all good people..Just talking a little too much!..lol

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Humboldt plays South Fulton at home tomorrow night I don't really know much about them other than half of their city is in TN & the other half is in KY lol but really they're 2-9 and they have beat Dresden & McKenzie and came in 7th in the Martin Lions Club Turny. So I expect I blowout. Humboldt by 35.

Yea..Humboldt had been giving me a hard time..but I love it..I've met Red once before and just like the rest of the Humboldt faithful are pround of their team and they should be..Very talented...Humboldt may very well beat us by 20 points the next time we play..I don't think so but it could happen!Never know ..sometimes the ball just can't find the basket and we may have 25 turnovers..I'm also smart enough to know sometimes it's about matchups..Trenton wasn't able to handle the Humboldt press like Lake Co did and had a harder time shooting over Humboldt..Trenton matches up with Lake Co better so probably is going to be a closer game..And if Trenton is really hitting those 3 point shots..could be a tough time winninhg..We do have one thing in common..The Memphis Tiger!Is there any other team..My uncle use to pick recruits up at the airport and show them around the cith and the school..I use to go to the campus where some of them would be messing aroung..Bill Laurie..Bill Cook..Dexter Reed etc..I remember the old Missouri Valley days..I has season tickets and went to the first game in the Pyramid ever against Depaul..I have some old tapes of Memphis against Georgetown..Bobby Parks slamming over Patrick Ewing..Old tapes between Oklahoma and Wayman Tisdale...Thanks for taking my side though..Appreciate it..Against Humboldt..It's a losing battle...but I think they're all good people..Just talking a little too much!..lol

I go as far back as the old Metro days. Back then Memphis/Louisville was every bit as hot as Carolina/Duke. McDowell, Petters, Doom Haynes (loved that bank shot), Parks, Holmes, Lee, Bedford, Penny, and on and on and on......I used to watch all the home games from the Mid South Coliseum on tape delay on WKNO channel 10 public TV.I saw the Tigers play Cinncinatti at the Pyramid back when we had Penny and they had Van Excel......I could literally feel the Pyramid shake during that game. I try to go about twice a season. Also remember the season Memphis was banned from postseason and won the Metro tournement agains Louisville and denied the Cardnials an NCAA berth (I loved it to, to knock the Louisville out in that fashion) isn't that correct or a I wrong...sometimes my memory fails me. I can also remember watching the Kentucky Wildcats as far back as Goose Givens, Freddy Cowen, Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Dirk Minifield, Bowie, Turpin, the list never ends...I'm probably one of the few Kentucky fans on here...I can remember watching Kentucky Wildcat games on tape delay on channel 6 WPSD Paducah kentucky and also watching Murray St and the Ron Greene show back when they had Lamont Sleets...guess who invented the High Five...Lamont Sleets. Man, those were the days. It wasn't like today when you can watch 5 or 6 games a day if you want...you had games on Saturday and Sunday and tape delay from you local stations...heck, I remember back when the NBA Finals were shown on tape delay. Alot of people don't know but the NBA was having serious financial problems and Bird Magic literally saved the league. Seems like yesterday to me....LOL

Don't blow things out of spec. We've tried everything we could to tell you guys that we played awful, you guys keep coming back and telling us that we are not this or not that and that your players are so much better. You don't accept anything.

what is it you all want us to say. "LC should have won, Humboldt stinks" ok it's said.

We are bad, then we boast.

Now can we just all get a long and wait on the next meeting.

We cool and I am waiting

What I don't understand is that anyone that says anything good about Humboldt or critical about the way Humboldt plays is being critical toward LC.

In other words, I've said many of times - Humboldt did not bring their A game, and almost got beat because of it. LC fans reply was oh you did the best you could it was LC that caused Humboldt not to play an A game.

I've said many times LC had a great Point Guard - no doubt about that.

The 3 point shooting that LC was bringing - it works when you are not pressured, did anyone pull a 3 point shot with a hand in their face. No.

Avery was not impressive in Humboldt - Maybe he didn't bring his A game, maybe Humboldt caused him not to play his A game - that's for you all to diagnose you've seen him play all season.

Taylor and Crayton stepped up on offense, Everyone's shouted that they don't ever score High in a game, well they've only played 2 quarters or less in the past because of competion.

In 4 quarters they showed they can score.

It's not a 1 player game in Humboldt.

I don't feel that any of Humboldt bought their A game, including the coaching staff.

When I make these statements, you guys are critical about that too.

Not sure what you want to hear.

I even tried the "We are really a bad team" that didn't work. It's not boasting, It's just not what LC fans want to hear.

We may lose every game in future, but we didn't lose on Jan 3, 2008.

Good Luck and I hope to see a better game in LC.

Im not basing LC I said HUMBOLDT thought they were the stuff beating up on bad teams. LC showed them what it is like to play a good team!!!!!! HUMBOLDT didnt bring there A game because of LC!!!!!!!

Its easy to bring yo A game when you play MILAN, Bradford, UC, Greenfield, Gleason, and other not so good teams!! The coach looks like a Titan in those games!!!! lol!!

I see these two teams playing each other a few more times this season /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

District Championship, Regional Championship and possibly they'll hook up for the State Title in the BORO..

Somebody make some NOISE !!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I see these two teams playing each other a few more times this season /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

District Championship, Regional Championship and possibly they'll hook up for the State Title in the BORO..

Somebody make some NOISE !!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ONE of them got to come to Memphis so they will not play for the STATE!!!!!!

Im not basing LC I said HUMBOLDT thought they were the stuff beating up on bad teams. LC showed them what it is like to play a good team!!!!!! HUMBOLDT didnt bring there A game because of LC!!!!!!!

Its easy to bring yo A game when you play MILAN, Bradford, UC, Greenfield, Gleason, and other not so good teams!! The coach looks like a Titan in those games!!!! lol!!

Have you forgotten that you play the same teams we play. If we look like Titans - What do you look like. You guys won the tourney in Ill what does that say about the Ill teams. You base your tallent on playing those teams.

Bottom line - you brought your A game and it wasn't good enough.

You guys say the Ill teams were better than Humboldt.

What is it you want to hear?

Tell me and I'll say it, I've tried everthing else, Why don't we just wait till the next match up and see who will get bragging rights then. No then we will be 1-1, dang we have to wait for the next-next match up.

As of today Humboldt is the winner. Can we enjoy it while we have it.

So what's the big deal about going to Memphis.. If Mannasas plays like they did in the 2nd half of the state title game vs. UC, then AnyThing is Possible /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But if Manassas look like that team in the 1st half then what??????

If Humboldt play the same way they did last year in Memphis then what????

The chances are greater of these two then what you are talking about!!! Humboldt will not be ready because they dont play anybody to prepare them for a Manassas. LC would be better prepared!!!!!! I think Humboldt will come back to Memphis LC will get them when it counts the most!!!!

we will see if Culleoka is 4real tonight when they play a good MBA team!!!!!

Have you forgotten that you play the same teams we play. If we look like Titans - What do you look like. You guys won the tourney in Ill what does that say about the Ill teams. You base your tallent on playing those teams.

Tell me and I'll say it, I've tried everthing else, Why don't we just wait till the next match up and see who will get bragging rights then. No then we will be 1-1, dang we have to wait for the next-next match up.

The reason that Humboldt looked mortal vs. Lake County is because Humboldt isn't that good at the guard poss. Lake county guards were better and for the first time this season it exposed Humboldt weakness. Lake County didn't shoot the ball well from three at humboldt and it wasn't humboldt defense that caused the misses. Alot of time lc just missed open shots. Patrick missed 4 three pointers that were uncontested. Raphel and Carlos missed a couple that were open. And the reason that they were open is because quan and i think wade couldn't keep anyone in front of them the whole night. Left someone else to help out on defense and lc would kick out.

If humboldt had lc guards they would be unbeatable.

I've seen humboldt over the summer and this fall and the thing that hurt them was the lack of a true point. They played a team from st. louis and the tallest player was about 6'2 but they had a good point guard. They ran humboldt out of murry states gym. And not to say that Lake County would have beatin that team, but humboldt turned the ball over because the other pg put some pressure on humboldt point guard. Bolivar beat humboldt this fall because jay murphy and this other guard were eating up the guard play of humboldt. And i know that humboldt didn't have tevin for that game but bolivar didn't have chris reaves in that play day either. Liberty did the same thing to humboldt that bolivar did except that liberty had some bigs to help rebound.

I know that humboldt is good. But they are beatable because of guard play.

Hey red are you aware that you replying to Legend who is a Manassas fan. Did you get confused or reply to the wrong post.