Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

So if we Humboldtians say, "Lake County caused us to play the worst game ever and we still kicked butt" would this sooth anyone.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Or will you all continue to cry.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the difference between one team having an effect on another and one team just playing sluggish...There's a huge difference there....And all this talk about Humboldt having everything in their favor...I'm not so sure about that either...These are high school kids not old men...LC playing in that tourney up in Illinois provided them with some good competition PREPARING them for Humboldt....LC came in hot from that tournament and played a team that hasn't played a game in nearly two weeks yet Humboldt still won the game..Humboldt hasn't seen an elite team all year until last night.., I think it hurt Humboldt a lot not playing a game for that long and that's exactly what it looked like...A team that played sluggish, lazy at times (especially on defense), and just plain out of sync...With all that being said, Humboldt still beat a very good Lake Co. team..

The mark of a good team is when you don't bring your A game and still manage to get the W that's all you can ask for...

As for Manassas, I know good and well what they have and I know all about Buckner...Humboldt would have to play one heck of a game to beat Manassas but for people like YANKEE who want to crown Manassas, there's a reason they play the game...I heard all this last year and while Humboldt didn't beat them, UC did with no guy on the court taller than 6'3...Now I realize that UC's team from last year was a great shooting and defensive team but that doesn't mean that Humboldt can't beat them this year...All these guarantees you're making are either going to make you a genius or an idiot come March...For your sake, I'd pray for the first one...You might not have enough silverware for all the crow headed your way if Manassas loses..

I tell you what. This thread has well over 400 post and if one can read through all the BS there is some good information to be gleaned from some of the post...About 90% is all talk and about 10% has some real good solid insight and information. Whether Mansassas, Humboldt, Lake County, Temple, or whoever wins the state I can assue you i'm no idiot and I know what I'm talking about. You can take that to the bank. I picked Manassas to win last season and they lost so I was wrong...No big deal to me. I also called for a Manassas/UC matchup and didn;t go out on a limb until the day before the game because I was a bit unsure...but, if I had to make a call I went with manassas and that was not a bad call even though they lost. I don't straddle the fence like some slick politican.....I say what I honestly think...That's all!!!!!! Your more than welcome to crown me a genious but and Idiot I am not...I can assure you I can stand up and make very very good arguments for what i say on here. The only reason i said what i said anyway is because I believe it to be true and I was kinda getting tired of everybody attacking bigster like a pack of wolves and using the excuse that Humboldt had a bad game and giving Lake County 0 credit for Humbolts performance or lack there of....without even taking into consideration that lake County most likey didn't even prepare for he game. Wonder if the outcome would have been the same had Lake County actually had time to prepare for the game....Guess what, Noone will ever know. All I was saying before the game is that this would be a telling game for Humboldt in more ways tthan one and they had a chance to make a statement and failed in that regard. I'ts not like it's the end of the world. This was the game I was looking at to to see if Lake County measured up to teams like Bolivar and Lberty and I can say with confidence they don't.

So if we Humboldtians say, "Lake County caused us to play the worst game ever and we still kicked butt" would this sooth anyone.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Or will you all continue to cry.

You are incorrigible....but I know you can't help it. Just remember what goes around comes around. Cocky UC fans got there comeuppance and the cocky Humboldt fans will get their's as well. I am a patient man. Don't be a stranger then.........

I tell you what. This thread has well over 400 post and if one can read through all the BS there is some good information to be gleaned from some of the post...About 90% is all talk and about 10% has some real good solid insight and information. Whether Mansassas, Humboldt, Lake County, Temple, or whoever wins the state I can assue you i'm no idiot and I know what I'm talking about. You can take that to the bank. I picked Manassas to win last season and they lost so I was wrong...No big deal to me. I also called for a Manassas/UC matchup and didn;t go out on a limb until the day before the game because I was a bit unsure...but, if I had to make a call I went with manassas and that was not a bad call even though they lost. I don't straddle the fence like some slick politican.....I say what I honestly think...That's all!!!!!! Your more than welcome to crown me a genious but and Idiot I am not...I can assure you I can stand up and make very very good arguments for what i say on here. The only reason i said what i said anyway is because I believe it to be true and I was kinda getting tired of everybody attacking bigster like a pack of wolves and using the excuse that Humboldt had a bad game and giving Lake County 0 credit for Humbolts performance or lack there of....without even taking into consideration that lake County most likey didn't even prepare for he game. Wonder if the outcome would have been the same had Lake County actually had time to prepare for the game....Guess what, Noone will ever know. All I was saying before the game is that this would be a telling game for Humboldt in more ways tthan one and they had a chance to make a statement and failed in that regard. I'ts not like it's the end of the world. This was the game I was looking at to to see if Lake County measured up to teams like Bolivar and Lberty and I can say with confidence they don't.

I like Bigster...Me and him have been on these boards for a while and I respect his opinion...However, in this instance me and him are at a disagreement...I too know what I'm talking about...I follow high school basketball throughout the state very closely and I try to see all the games I can when I'm not working..

I've given Lake Co. their due credit...Heck, in my last post alone I called them "an elite team"...In past posts, I've said that I think Raphael Tyler will make the all-state team before he graduates and probably will get either a Mr. Basketball award or a state championship...Or both...I've also given Russell Avery his due credit...I think he's a great high school basketball player and he's got the potential to be very good at the next level as well..Me thinking that Crayton is probably a little better is in no way disrespect to Avery or anyone else for that matter...

My main point is this: Humboldt played sluggish...Not because Lake Co somehow made them do so...Humboldt had a 2 week layoff and it clearly showed last night...Despite that, Humboldt still won the game and I feel that is impressive in itself...

You are incorrigible....but I know you can't help it. Just remember what goes around comes around. Cocky UC fans got there comeuppance and the cocky Humboldt fans will get their's as well. I am a patient man. Don't be a stranger then.........

Don't blow things out of spec. We've tried everything we could to tell you guys that we played awful, you guys keep coming back and telling us that we are not this or not that and that your players are so much better. You don't accept anything.

what is it you all want us to say. "LC should have won, Humboldt stinks" ok it's said.

We are bad, then we boast.

Now can we just all get a long and wait on the next meeting.

Don't blow things out of spec. We've tried everything we could to tell you guys that we played awful, you guys keep coming back and telling us that we are not this or not that and that your players are so much better. You don't accept anything.

what is it you all want us to say. "LC should have won, Humboldt stinks" ok it's said.

We are bad, then we boast.

Now can we just all get a long and wait on the next meeting.

Humboldt and LC part 2 coming soon!!!!!!!!! after that no more big games for HUMBOLDT lol!!!

WHO WILL HUMBOLDT PLAY THIS SEASON??????

HOW CAN YALL BOAST ABOUT BEATING BAD TEAMS!!!!!! UC PLAYED IN TOURNEYS LAST YEAR AND THEY WERE MUCH BETTER THAN HUMBOLDT!!!!!!! HUMBOLDT WILL BE SHOCKED WHEN THEY SEE WHAT COMP IS LIKE!!!!!! THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT LC WAS TRYIN TO TELL THEM THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!

Humboldt and LC part 2 coming soon!!!!!!!!! after that no more big games for HUMBOLDT lol!!!

WHO WILL HUMBOLDT PLAY THIS SEASON??????

HOW CAN YALL BOAST ABOUT BEATING BAD TEAMS!!!!!! UC PLAYED IN TOURNEYS LAST YEAR AND THEY WERE MUCH BETTER THAN HUMBOLDT!!!!!!! HUMBOLDT WILL BE SHOCKED WHEN THEY SEE WHAT COMP IS LIKE!!!!!! THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT LC WAS TRYIN TO TELL THEM THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!

So does that mean that LC is bad? Or just not as bad as being good as humboldt was when they beat them?

What I don't understand is that anyone that says anything good about Humboldt or critical about the way Humboldt plays is being critical toward LC.

In other words, I've said many of times - Humboldt did not bring their A game, and almost got beat because of it. LC fans reply was oh you did the best you could it was LC that caused Humboldt not to play an A game.

I've said many times LC had a great Point Guard - no doubt about that.

The 3 point shooting that LC was bringing - it works when you are not pressured, did anyone pull a 3 point shot with a hand in their face. No.

Avery was not impressive in Humboldt - Maybe he didn't bring his A game, maybe Humboldt caused him not to play his A game - that's for you all to diagnose you've seen him play all season.

Taylor and Crayton stepped up on offense, Everyone's shouted that they don't ever score High in a game, well they've only played 2 quarters or less in the past because of competion.

In 4 quarters they showed they can score.

It's not a 1 player game in Humboldt.

I don't feel that any of Humboldt bought their A game, including the coaching staff.

When I make these statements, you guys are critical about that too.

Not sure what you want to hear.

I even tried the "We are really a bad team" that didn't work. It's not boasting, It's just not what LC fans want to hear.

We may lose every game in future, but we didn't lose on Jan 3, 2008.

Good Luck and I hope to see a better game in LC.

Was there where the heck have you been dude sarcasm or realistic... as for where I've been, I went and saw the Grizzlies blow the Mavs out of the water today, lol. Took off with a college team yesterday on a road trip up to Illinois, got home about 12:15 last night.

Well, Temple played with Union City last year, Union City beat Manassas and Manassas graduated 6 players. No one may be able to stop Buckner from Temple, but I doubt Manassas has anyone to stop Sexton. Union City sure didn't last year as he dropped over 30 points on them and last years UC team is better than this years Manassas.

I'm sure Temple is one tough opponent..Temple played Union City tough that one game last year because Sexton maybe had a great shooting day..What if Sexton didn't have that great day..Are the other players good enouhgh to carry the load..What if Sexton shoots 5 for 20 if they played this year?Could Temple still win..And remember Lake Co played Union City tough all 3 times last year..not just one time..And in two of those games..really should have won!

Lol it's hard to argue with what Yankee is saying. I'll admit I though HBT could beat LC by about 10 pts but.... it did not happen. I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says. Although I kinda got to go with FrankieD on the whole "legs" deal. LC & HBT are both in the top five overall in single A. I know I might get dogged out for saying this but hey I'm a level headed fan. I think Manassas is the team to beat. I'm not saying HBT can't beat them....but if they play like they did last night I don't think it'll happen.

I looked back at my post that Frankie replied to about tired legs..I thought he or someone said Humboldt played lazy at times..I said that, could it be that Lake Co was just as good or quicker than Humboldt even after playing the tournament?That tealls me Lake Co is quicker than you may have thought! Didn't say Lake Co had tired legs..But I will agree with Yankees..I'm sure 5 games take a little out of some players ..at least by the end of a game in which just about all 5 players went all the way against Humboldt..I've never said Humboldt wasn't impressive..I said they were before the game and after the game..I'm just not sold on the fact that they're the best team in a decade or 30 years..Before the game..people were talking about how good Humboldt's press was..How good Quan was..I didn't say it..Lake Co fans didn't say it..Then as soon as the game was over..Humboldt gave Lake Co too many points because they pressed..Quan isn't as good as Gordon..Not long ago..I read that since Quan was starting..that Humboldt was the real deal..Which is it?..Press...Don't press?Or press Bradford but not Lake Co!Quan is the guard we need to get the ball down the floor and on the press!Quan isn't as good as Gordon?No wonder Coach Boykin isn't being recognized as a good coach..The Humboldt Nation don't even know which way to play!

Thank you for that post 58. I am not asking any Humboldt fan to stop believing in their team's greatness. They are a very good team..no doubt. No buts to follow. I also believe we have a very good team. One game doesn't have me convinced one way or the other who is the best team. One game affairs that are close will never convince me. A best 4 out of seven series will for the most part. Of course that will never happen in high school so when the games are close I ain't going to be crowing about who is better. I'm a levelheaded fan to.

I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says.

Only 99 percent..I usually give teams credit if they play well against Lake Co..Even put Lake Co down when I don't feel they played well..Said Lake Co may have missed lay ups..easy shots..On the girls post a couple days ago..Said Humboldt won and I thought Lake Co and Humboldt both played pretty good..I said Humboldt had a good team and some fine athletes...Talked good about #33 for Humboldt..# 4 for Humboldt and even the big girl that played..Said T.T.Flowers played great for Lake Co..But the others just therw the ball up there..Said in an earlier post that I thought our girls had a chance at being the top team...but about a week ago after seeing our girls that I thought they were not strong enough..let teams take the ball from them..I pretty well call what I think..I said Humboldt boys were impressive..I said when they played Trenton..They looked very good..But I thought our guards were just as good!Again..Humboldt has an excellent team..But Lake Co isn't as bad as some of you think..They just won a tournament..They did beat 14 teams..May not look as impressive some times..a lot has to do with the line up Coach plays..Greenfield may play us tough tomorrow night..Coach may start the second team..Greenfield may even beat the starters..They have a couple tall kids and that one guy..dark hair can really light it up if he's left open!

I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says.

Only 99 percent..I usually give teams credit if they play well against Lake Co..Even put Lake Co down when I don't feel they played well..Said Lake Co may have missed lay ups..easy shots..On the girls post a couple days ago..Said Humboldt won and I thought Lake Co and Humboldt both played pretty good..I said Humboldt had a good team and some fine athletes...Talked good about #33 for Humboldt..# 4 for Humboldt and even the big girl that played..Said T.T.Flowers played great for Lake Co..But the others just therw the ball up there..Said in an earlier post that I thought our girls had a chance at being the top team...but about a week ago after seeing our girls that I thought they were not strong enough..let teams take the ball from them..I pretty well call what I think..I said Humboldt boys were impressive..I said when they played Trenton..They looked very good..But I thought our guards were just as good!Again..Humboldt has an excellent team..But Lake Co isn't as bad as some of you think..They just won a tournament..They did beat 14 teams..May not look as impressive some times..a lot has to do with the line up Coach plays..Greenfield may play us tough tomorrow night..Coach may start the second team..Greenfield may even beat the starters..They have a couple tall kids and that one guy..dark hair can really light it up if he's left open!

Yeah Greenfield has a kid named Rickett and he is a excellent offensive player.