Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Manassas, Lake Co., or Humboldt will win a championship honestly!.... There's this team over in East TN that returns EVERYONE from last years team that only lost to UC by like 4 points in the first round. That being Temple. I'm not saying that Temple will win it, but just because you make it to state coming from West TN, you're not automatically crowned then either.

I don't know if Manassas, Lake Co., or Humboldt will win a championship honestly!.... There's this team over in East TN that returns EVERYONE from last years team that only lost to UC by like 4 points in the first round. That being Temple. I'm not saying that Temple will win it, but just because you make it to state coming from West TN, you're not automatically crowned then either.

Where the heck have you been dude? I don't see Temple playing with Manassas. If your going to beat Manassas you better have a team that can really shoot the ball well (and I mean a team to not just a couple of guys) because you get nothing inside. I do agree Temple could be a dangerous team though..they also have a winning tradtion and know how to win.

Was there where the heck have you been dude sarcasm or realistic... as for where I've been, I went and saw the Grizzlies blow the Mavs out of the water today, lol. Took off with a college team yesterday on a road trip up to Illinois, got home about 12:15 last night.

Well, Temple played with Union City last year, Union City beat Manassas and Manassas graduated 6 players. No one may be able to stop Buckner from Temple, but I doubt Manassas has anyone to stop Sexton. Union City sure didn't last year as he dropped over 30 points on them and last years UC team is better than this years Manassas.

Lol it's hard to argue with what Yankee is saying. I'll admit I though HBT could beat LC by about 10 pts but.... it did not happen. I respect and agree with about 99% of what Bigster says. Although I kinda got to go with FrankieD on the whole "legs" deal. LC & HBT are both in the top five overall in single A. I know I might get dogged out for saying this but hey I'm a level headed fan. I think Manassas is the team to beat. I'm not saying HBT can't beat them....but if they play like they did last night I don't think it'll happen.

Thank you for that post 58. I am not asking any Humboldt fan to stop believing in their team's greatness. They are a very good team..no doubt. No buts to follow. I also believe we have a very good team. One game doesn't have me convinced one way or the other who is the best team. One game affairs that are close will never convince me. A best 4 out of seven series will for the most part. Of course that will never happen in high school so when the games are close I ain't going to be crowing about who is better. I'm a levelheaded fan to.

Was there where the heck have you been dude sarcasm or realistic... as for where I've been, I went and saw the Grizzlies blow the Mavs out of the water today, lol. Took off with a college team yesterday on a road trip up to Illinois, got home about 12:15 last night.

Well, Temple played with Union City last year, Union City beat Manassas and Manassas graduated 6 players. No one may be able to stop Buckner from Temple, but I doubt Manassas has anyone to stop Sexton. Union City sure didn't last year as he dropped over 30 points on them and last years UC team is better than this years Manassas.

Realistic.......I went and watched The Tigers blow out Lamar last night. It was fun though.

I don't see Temple hanging with Manassas. Buckner would clearly be the best player on the court and while Northington isn't a senior like Sexton he has more upside. I can't wait for the State. I love this stuff!!!!!!!!!

I understand the difference between one team having an effect on another and one team just playing sluggish...There's a huge difference there....And all this talk about Humboldt having everything in their favor...I'm not so sure about that either...These are high school kids not old men...LC playing in that tourney up in Illinois provided them with some good competition PREPARING them for Humboldt....LC came in hot from that tournament and played a team that hasn't played a game in nearly two weeks yet Humboldt still won the game..Humboldt hasn't seen an elite team all year until last night.., I think it hurt Humboldt a lot not playing a game for that long and that's exactly what it looked like...A team that played sluggish, lazy at times (especially on defense), and just plain out of sync...With all that being said, Humboldt still beat a very good Lake Co. team..

The mark of a good team is when you don't bring your A game and still manage to get the W that's all you can ask for...

As for Manassas, I know good and well what they have and I know all about Buckner...Humboldt would have to play one heck of a game to beat Manassas but for people like YANKEE who want to crown Manassas, there's a reason they play the game...I heard all this last year and while Humboldt didn't beat them, UC did with no guy on the court taller than 6'3...Now I realize that UC's team from last year was a great shooting and defensive team but that doesn't mean that Humboldt can't beat them this year...All these guarantees you're making are either going to make you a genius or an idiot come March...For your sake, I'd pray for the first one...You might not have enough silverware for all the crow headed your way if Manassas loses..

Also, I'd like to point out that at no point during or before this season did I ever say Humboldt would win state...I said they had a good chance to and I still feel that way...However, a repeat effort like last night against a good team probably won't get it done again..

I understand the difference between one team having an effect on another and one team just playing sluggish...There's a huge difference there....And all this talk about Humboldt having everything in their favor...I'm not so sure about that either...These are high school kids not old men...LC playing in that tourney up in Illinois provided them with some good competition PREPARING them for Humboldt....LC came in hot from that tournament and played a team that hasn't played a game in nearly two weeks yet Humboldt still won the game..Humboldt hasn't seen an elite team all year until last night.., I think it hurt Humboldt a lot not playing a game for that long and that's exactly what it looked like...A team that played sluggish, lazy at times (especially on defense), and just plain out of sync...With all that being said, Humboldt still beat a very good Lake Co. team..

The mark of a good team is when you don't bring your A game and still manage to get the W that's all you can ask for...

As for Manassas, I know good and well what they have and I know all about Buckner...Humboldt would have to play one heck of a game to beat Manassas but for people like YANKEE who want to crown Manassas, there's a reason they play the game...I heard all this last year and while Humboldt didn't beat them, UC did with no guy on the court taller than 6'3...Now I realize that UC's team from last year was a great shooting and defensive team but that doesn't mean that Humboldt can't beat them this year...All these guarantees you're making are either going to make you a genius or an idiot come March...For your sake, I'd pray for the first one...You might not have enough silverware for all the crow headed your way if Manassas loses..

i think you are a smart man and i agree with u a 100%