York Inst.

Jet Pride

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Coach Wright is coming back...

I heard coach wright was comiming back as the head basketball coach. the football program only has one coach working the boys right, and that is hubert lester. he is a good man and a hard worker. i really don't think coach wright will want to go through the rebiulding process. I've heard the mames winningham , houser, lester, and heady. winningham would be an excellent choice. he has the experience, and discipline needed to build a solid program. the next coach Must surround himself with good assistants, and i don't think the administratration will support that. they have lost 4 coaches over the past 2 years, and a lot of experience. good luck to the new coach. the boys deserve a good one.

I heard coach wright was comiming back as the head basketball coach. the football program only has one coach working the boys right, and that is hubert lester. he is a good man and a hard worker. i really don't think coach wright will want to go through the rebiulding process. I've heard the mames winningham , houser, lester, and heady. winningham would be an excellent choice. he has the experience, and discipline needed to build a solid program. the next coach Must surround himself with good assistants, and i don't think the administratration will support that. they have lost 4 coaches over the past 2 years, and a lot of experience. good luck to the new coach. the boys deserve a good one.

i do not think the administration should let him come back to be b-ball coach.that is one of many problems at yai.they let certain people do as they want.i think the administration should give coach gunter a chance.he was thrown in at the last minute as head coach.at the end of the season he had them playing competitively.i think he needs a full yr. with his team.i dont care what coach wright wants to do.

i do not think the administration should let him come back to be b-ball coach.that is one of many problems at yai.they let certain people do as they want.i think the administration should give coach gunter a chance.he was thrown in at the last minute as head coach.at the end of the season he had them playing competitively.i think he needs a full yr. with his team.i dont care what coach wright wants to do.

I agree with big daddy. The players deserve a good coach. I really hope York gets it right because it is sad to see a team and a community have to go through lean times. Blah blah blah... Yada yada yada.... GO LA!!!

I agree with big daddy. The players deserve a good coach. I really hope York gets it right because it is sad to see a team and a community have to go through lean times. Blah blah blah... Yada yada yada.... GO LA!!!

What does York return, how is the rising talent from the feeder programs, how are the underclassmen, and what type of numbers will they have?

thank you,

-interested observer

What does York return, how is the rising talent from the feeder programs, how are the underclassmen, and what type of numbers will they have?

thank you,

-interested observer

They return a small class now, but the 8th grade team has lost one game in two years and the pee-wees have been very successful overall the last couple of years with only this years 10-11 doing poorly. It looks like they could be very competitive in the near future with the right hire. The problem is that they don't have room to hire but for one teaching position. So the new coach couldn't bring along any help and about all the other coaches have retired or are still relatively wet behind the ears(minus Wheaton). So no matter how good of kids they have the new coach will still have trouble because they will be limited in help. Hope they hire someone who has the kids interest first priority! Its getting late in the game and still don't have a hire?