York Inst.

Jet Pride

There is money within the school to hire a coach and possibly bring someone with him, the problem is that you have some people that are getting paid for dual duties just to collect a pay check instead of looking out for the best interest of the student body. First of all, there is no support of the students by the administration b/c if there were, they would not allow for the basketball situation to have taken place, Derwin in, Derwin out, Derwin in. Second of all, if the administration and the community want what is best, the will call the bluff of those who have everyone scared, and they will hire someone of quality (inside or outside) the system and they are going to have to free up some money to get a quality person in there. Add the title of athletic director or dean of students to the head coach and give him more money and let him only coach one sport. Have no beef with anyone, just think that there are ways to make these teams competitive year in and year out, but when does it stop, and if it does not stop, then people will have to continue to accept mediocrity and those that will not accept it, will move to Clarkrange.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is money within the school to hire a coach and possibly bring someone with him, the problem is that you have some people that are getting paid for dual duties just to collect a pay check instead of looking out for the best interest of the student body. First of all, there is no support of the students by the administration b/c if there were, they would not allow for the basketball situation to have taken place, Derwin in, Derwin out, Derwin in. Second of all, if the administration and the community want what is best, the will call the bluff of those who have everyone scared, and they will hire someone of quality (inside or outside) the system and they are going to have to free up some money to get a quality person in there. Add the title of athletic director or dean of students to the head coach and give him more money and let him only coach one sport. Have no beef with anyone, just think that there are ways to make these teams competitive year in and year out, but when does it stop, and if it does not stop, then people will have to continue to accept mediocrity and those that will not accept it, will move to Clarkrange.

Call the bluff of who???? Who has everyone scared??? Who are those that are scared???

Call the bluff of who???? Who has everyone scared??? Who are those that are scared???

Did not mean to hit a nerve, just seems as though there are a few that are running the show and everyone else has to go with the decisions being made (their bluff)...according to the posts that are being made and the disgruntled fans on both the basketball and football posts. Those that are scared, might not actually be scared (community and those who actually care about the student body), they just don't have enough voice in making the best decisions for the students of York Institutue.

Did not mean to hit a nerve, just seems as though there are a few that are running the show and everyone else has to go with the decisions being made (their bluff)...according to the posts that are being made and the disgruntled fans on both the basketball and football posts. Those that are scared, might not actually be scared (community and those who actually care about the student body), they just don't have enough voice in making the best decisions for the students of York Institutue.

Did not hit a nerve, I was just wondering who you were talking about. I have not been especially happy with everything happening at YAI either, but I will not go so far to say that the administration does not care about the students. Many of the negative posts on this message board most likely come from a few folks that did not get their way about something or a person that does not like a coach personally. I think a great deal of care and caution must be used when hiring new personnel, in our society today you cannot be to careful when it comes to hiring someone to monitor kids. From things that I have heared and been told there were good reasons why someone was "passed-over" for a certain job, or replaced by someone else. I would like to see everyone that considers themself a York fan stay positive and provide unconditional support for our teams. Go York!!!!!

Did not hit a nerve, I was just wondering who you were talking about. I have not been especially happy with everything happening at YAI either, but I will not go so far to say that the administration does not care about the students. Many of the negative posts on this message board most likely come from a few folks that did not get their way about something or a person that does not like a coach personally. I think a great deal of care and caution must be used when hiring new personnel, in our society today you cannot be to careful when it comes to hiring someone to monitor kids. From things that I have heared and been told there were good reasons why someone was "passed-over" for a certain job, or replaced by someone else. I would like to see everyone that considers themself a York fan stay positive and provide unconditional support for our teams. Go York!!!!!

Actions speak a lot louder than words when it comes to the administration. What is it now, four new basketball coaches in 4 years, winningham, wright, last years coach, and now wright again...come on, can you really say that is what is best for the athletes. I would agree with you on the fact that most negative post not just here but all of them come from people that does not get their way and b/c of that they don't like the coach, so good point. I agree also with the fact that you can't be to careful about who you hire when it comes to monitoring kids, but there are good people outside of j-town that could and would do a great job, change is hard for everyone involved, but sometimes it is needed and change is never pretty or easy, otherwise there would not be change. As far as someone being "passed over" for a job, sounds like you might have an inside track on that one maybe you would not care to elaborate, or maybe you are one of the scared ones. As far as a York fan, a true fan will want what is truly best for everyone, the ones that have "unconditional support" are what I would call a "Yes" man, just goes along with whomever is in charge and not able to think for themselves.

Actions speak a lot louder than words when it comes to the administration. What is it now, four new basketball coaches in 4 years, winningham, wright, last years coach, and now wright again...come on, can you really say that is what is best for the athletes. I would agree with you on the fact that most negative post not just here but all of them come from people that does not get their way and b/c of that they don't like the coach, so good point. I agree also with the fact that you can't be to careful about who you hire when it comes to monitoring kids, but there are good people outside of j-town that could and would do a great job, change is hard for everyone involved, but sometimes it is needed and change is never pretty or easy, otherwise there would not be change. As far as someone being "passed over" for a job, sounds like you might have an inside track on that one maybe you would not care to elaborate, or maybe you are one of the scared ones. As far as a York fan, a true fan will want what is truly best for everyone, the ones that have "unconditional support" are what I would call a "Yes" man, just goes along with whomever is in charge and not able to think for themselves.

No I don't have an inside track so I really can't elaborate any farther. Just think there were reasons for why some things have happened the way they have. I understand what your saying about the "yes" man thing, but with the unconditional support thing I meant support the team regardless of who the coach is. I still don't understand the comment on "scared ones", and whatever that means, I am not one of those. I just want York to do well in all aspects of the school-- athletics, academics, etc.... So I will end my discussion on this topic with my usual:

Go York!!!!!

Is spring practice over? If so how did that go and if not when is it? How are things going down in Jamestown?

They haven't had spring practice. Time is now against next year's team. There is still no coaching hire and don't know if one is in sight. Hope it happens soon, so the kids can get back on track.

Is spring practice over? If so how did that go and if not when is it? How are things going down in Jamestown?

Coach Hubert Lester will be conducting spring practice the next two weeks. he is passing out equipment this week. He has done a good job holding the program together. Whoever gets the job should be thankful to Lester. He will make someone a great assistant. Maybe Clarkrange should start a football program???

They haven't had spring practice. Time is now against next year's team. There is still no coaching hire and don't know if one is in sight. Hope it happens soon, so the kids can get back on track.

York Institute will have spring practice 5-11 to 5-21 finishing with a scrimage with Clay County on 5-21. New kids are coming out and and will get needed experiance this spring. Will work on football basics while running a reduced verison of the offense and defense from last year. Have set up a work out schedule for the summer.

Hubert Lester

York Institute will have spring practice 5-11 to 5-21 finishing with a scrimage with Clay County on 5-21. New kids are coming out and and will get needed experiance this spring. Will work on football basics while running a reduced verison of the offense and defense from last year. Have set up a work out schedule for the summer.

Hubert Lester

Good deal, glad someone is keeping things together and keeping the kids on track.

Hubert Lester

Coach, time of your spring scrimmage? Where will you guys play? Keep up the good work. Will you be the next head coach or will it be AKERS, BROWN, or WRIGHT?? I think it could be any of those 3 if you are not given the job. I wish you the best, hang in there. Block and tackle , block and tackle, block and tackle, block and tack..............