New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

Young? No. Energetic, as in "rah, rah," No. Coach? Yes. If OR does not go hard after Pemberton, and if he doesn't take a hard look, both parties would be nuts. The guy is a program builder. OR needs just that. It's not like taking over at Alcoa as Rankin did. Tougher job @ OR, IMO. Obviously, the guy gets a lot out of his talent, is well respected in the coaching comminity, and knows how to win. I would think OR can pay more than Catholic, the talent would be better, and the district is playoff friendly for the next 4 years. I'd rather see him in the area than get recruited away to some program in GA, or AL, which is what I've heard also.

ruse?

'ruse' I know coach Pemberton... From what I've been told down thru the vine that he has a great set-up at Catholic. If what I have been told is true which I'm sure it is ..I don't see him going anywhere in the HS ranks. Or let's put it this way I would love to be in that situation at Catholic. And I'm sure there would be several others that would as well. But since they won the 3A Championship he might entertain the thought of moving on IDK ??

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have been told from a little birdie is pemberton has a good deal that was made sweeter when webb came calling in 04 or 03 (can't remember the year just the story) . as for OR having more money? idk if they have more money than the catholic church. what about the last coach they had ? or maybe go out of state thats what catholic did for pemberton. idk?

'ruse' I know coach Pemberton... From what I've been told down thru the vine that he has a great set-up at Catholic. If what I have been told is true which I'm sure it is ..I don't see him going anywhere in the HS ranks. Or let's put it this way I would love to be in that situation at Catholic. And I'm sure there would be several others that would as well. But since they won the 3A Championship he might entertain the thought of moving on IDK ??

Hey Rocking Chair.

I hear you on those points. OR has tons of talent, some of which did, or has not played for a myriad of reasons. Pemberton would get them out there. OR can pay more for sure. Multiple titles along with "HC"...Associate Prince, AD, etc. If I'm Pemberton, I'm looking at Mville, Farragut, Bearden, and Billy B, year in & out for 4, vs. AC, Clinton, Karns, and Hardin V. All I have to do is beat Karns and HV for a #1 seed. By that time I have my old school playbook in, players on board, butts in seats, boosters behind me, and that is just year 1. He'd have that thing turned in 2. Does he not hail from Rockwood. Close to home?

ruse?

Hey Rocking Chair.

I hear you on those points. OR has tons of talent, some of which did, or has not played for a myriad of reasons. Pemberton would get them out there. OR can pay more for sure. Multiple titles along with "HC"...Associate Prince, AD, etc. If I'm Pemberton, I'm looking at Mville, Farragut, Bearden, and Billy B, year in & out for 4, vs. AC, Clinton, Karns, and Hardin V. All I have to do is beat Karns and HV for a #1 seed. By that time I have my old school playbook in, players on board, butts in seats, boosters behind me, and that is just year 1. He'd have that thing turned in 2. Does he not hail from Rockwood. Close to home?

ruse?

Yes he's from Rockwood. I haven't talked to Mark but I would think he is very happy at Catholic...like I said from what I have been told he is. From what I have seen Catholic has one of the best schools in TN ....some of the best facilities anywhere. I don't know what kind of facilities OR has but they couldn't be much better than what Catholic has.

Another point I think that could be interesting is how long would it take for those kids at OR to learn the "Bone" offense. Catholic runs it to perfection. And not many teams run the 50 cover 2 on that level. I wouldn't think.

i did, i know what i'm talking about he came from ga before catholic yes he is from rockwood but he went to ga i think oglethorpe so please know who your talkin to o and ruse? more money than the catholic church? o and its the wing bone not wing t please do your research before u get smart

don't stand on the tracks when the trains comin through

Who on here said Catholic went out of state to get pemberton, 99% sure he is from Rockwood. & who on here said they run the bone, 100% sure they run the Wing T. I hope the cats make a good hire & get it turned around.

I'm for one on here that said they run the bone or wing bone. With not an inch of splits. Have you ever seen Catholic play?? I'm not a fan of the so-called wing-T but Catholic's offense the "wing bone" as they call it looks nothing like your standard wing T teams. There is only one other school that runs anything similar to Catholic and that is YAI.

I expect Rankin to at least look at two different openings...this would be one of them.

I said look...not necessarily go.

What's the other school? I think it would take a big time Private School to get him, but I'm not sure he

will leave. I could be wrong but I would be surprised. 35 incoming 9th grader football players not counting

potential pick ups from County Middle Schools.....I just don't see it. He has the ball rolling..............what do you think APB?

Who on here said Catholic went out of state to get pemberton, 99% sure he is from Rockwood. & who on here said they run the bone, 100% sure they run the Wing T. I hope the cats make a good hire & get it turned around.

Coach Pemberton is from Rockwood, but when Catholic hired him he was coaching high school football in Georgia. They run what's called the wingbone offense variation of the wing T and wishbone.