New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

As long as the pressent administration is in place at OR, Joe Gaddis will not be the coach at OR.

Well, most West Tennesseans don't know much about your "current administration" but we do know that Coach Gaddis' Patriots will probably be 10-0 next season and District 10AAA champs, plus, hosting 2 5A playoff games next season. We also know that he will be teaching and coaching in his 30th year in Tennessee next season-thus, qualifying himself for full retirement which would allow him to also go either out of state or to a private school and coach while drawing 2 paychecks!! So, let me ask you, why would he leave guaranteed success and enter another hornets nest this late in here career? He won a state title in 1991 there, anything less than that this time would be deemed a failure in most of your delusional eyes!

Secondly, why hasn't anyone mentioned Kevin Ward's name? He has been dominant in Camden, with far less to work with considering its size, location, and facilities! His Camden teams have been some of the powerful teams over the past 5 years. Plus, he obviously knows how to win in East Tennessee since he is now 1-0 after his West All-Stars defeated the East All-Stars at Carson-Newman on Saturday. Sounds like a pretty good start to me!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lussier is happy where he is, talked to him last nite. Shattuck is doing well but he's at Clinton... while there is nothing wrong with Clinton it's still Clinton, probably our biggest rival. No Thanks. That'd be like getting Steve Superior over to UT.

Hey LOD is TDCman trying to give away your coach? Well we got what we wanted, just hope it turn out good.

YES he is! I would bet that the boosters here would also come up with the moving exspense if it happens. LOL

As to some of the names mentioned in this thread, here are some things to consider.

1. Rankin. While he will put in an application it will only be to get even MORE money where he is at. If he moves it will only be to a private or another state where he can double dip by getting his Tn State retirement AND a paycheck.

2. Benny Monroe. Great Coach but rumor has it he really wants to retire.

3. Coach McDaniels at Oakland. Great coach and VERY energenic, but I think he is happy where he is at. Besides there is always hope he will return to R'dale.

4. Gaddis. Very good Coach, but the administration there at OR needs to decide if they want to harbor ill feelings still or actually WIN.

5. Grey. I know nothing about him except what I read on here, but selecting him WILL alienate some of the boosters there. While some love him, others hold an intense dislike for him.

Only real piece of advice I can give y'all is to NOT hire a no passing WingT coach! While it controls the clock it is almost impossible to come back with if you get down by a couple of scores. Also would ask any prospective hire who he wanted for OC and DC in the interviews. That in itself will tell you alot before you hire another looser.

As long as the pressent administration is in place at OR, Joe Gaddis will not be the coach at OR.

The town is split on Gaddis, I could understand the Admin. if they decided to go in another direction,. He is a great coach. We need a young version of him to motivate, disipline & then Coach. Now who is that? We shall see, this program will be able to attract people from all over the country. I miss the days when Gaddis was here though, I miss the days when we had to travel to KY or all the way across the state to get someone to play us. Aww the good ole days..

Secondly, why hasn't anyone mentioned Kevin Ward's name? He has been dominant in Camden, with far less to work with considering its size, location, and facilities! His Camden teams have been some of the powerful teams over the past 5 years. Plus, he obviously knows how to win in East Tennessee since he is now 1-0 after his West All-Stars defeated the East All-Stars at Carson-Newman on Saturday. Sounds like a pretty good start to me!

I really don't see Ward going anywhere for 5 - 6 years. He has a really nice deal in place and I'm pretty sure both his family and his wife's family are located in West Tennessee. He is an outstandng coach and will be a sucess for years to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Oak Ridgers may have to resort to the simple fact that, Oak Ridge is not what it was 20 - 30 years ago and no one in the state looks at them like that anymore but themselves. The amount of arrogance in that town is astounding. If they could just mimic other communities like Maryville, Ooltewah, Smyrna, Germantown etc. and try to grow instead of talking about the past it could get better.

OR was a contender year in and year out until the recently resigned coach ran the program down. Just a few short years ago, that coach that was not ready to be a 5A head coach managed to get to the championship game. The fact is that OR had to get past Dobyns Bennett and Riverdale every year to go all the way, as well as other programs that might have a great season from time to time. This was a very tough task, just like teams that have to get past Maryville and Alcoa every year. You can have a very good team and still get beat by a better team on your side of the state prior to the championship game. Yes, it will take a lot of work to rebuild the program. I wish no ill will to SS. Will the next coach be the right guy? Time will tell, but it was CLEAR that SS was the wrong guy. There had to be a change.

I would love to see Joe Gaddis back at OR. I don't condone the mistake he made years ago, but a lot of time has passed. My understanding is that when a search was done before SS was hired, he nearly broke the door down with interest in coming back. If Henry Co can forgive his mistake, maybe Oak Ridge can too.

If he comes back, he will build the program into a winner. That's what he does. I'm sure there are other good candidates and I will support whoever the new coach is letting their results speak for themselves. Whether it's my choice or not, if they are taking the program in the right direction they will keep my support.

Hey, GVK...

Looking through the names and your coach has not been mentioned yet...

How long will it be before someone tries to get Rusty Bradley???

He is not far from becoming a marquee name.

Interesting question Bridge. Bradley is a fine young coach, and a brilliant offensive coach. While I love both programs, it is best for all that he stay where he is. However, I can with 100% confidence tell you that if Bradley had been trying to run the OR offense last year it would have been a night and day difference. I saw the 7 on 7 between these 2 programs (ideal for me since I love both!) If he had OR's athletes to work with on offense in his system it would have been something to watch.

1).Alcoa Coach, Gary Rankin, one of the best coaches in the state. GO AFTER HIM ! (Not happening, why would he leave Alcoa?)

2). Henry Co. Coach, Joe Gaddis. (This would be a SMART pick)

3) First-year Oakland Coach Thomas McDaniel, the 2008 5-A Champions. (There is a chance here and could be a solid pick)

4). Maryville Coach, George Quarles, the best coach in the state. (NO CHANCE AT ALL, GIVE UP THE DREAM)

5). Hillsboro Coach, Scott Blade. (Maybe but probably not)

6). Doug Martin, quarterback of the 1979 & 1980 Wildcat Championship team, and long time successful collage coach. (Why would he leave Kent State for Oak Ridge?)

7). Ooltewah Coach, Benny Monroe. (TOO MUCH TALENT STEALING FROM CHATT.)

8). Franklin Coach (Why?)

9). South Pittsburgh Coach, Vic Grider. (Probably doesn't want to leave a place he could be mayor of)

10). M.S.U. Coach, Bobby Alston. (Are you serious? This guy makes 100K per year, plus can recruit, plus has the best facilities in the state) No chance. Plus it's M.U.S. as in Memphis University School

11. What about the D coordinator at Alcoa? I have seen him the past few years, he is young passionate, and seems to be a player's coach.

From what I hear, the DC at Alcoa did apply for the job. Im not sure how true that is but thats a rumor that has been floating around in Alcoa.

I am hearing that Rankin is the 1st choice. Rankin would be crazy to leave Alcoa.

yeah i believe that rankin really wont seriously consider the job for a few reasons.

1) Family comes first to him and he has already moved his family once in the last couple years and his kids love going to alcoa and his son, who will be the starting center next season loves playing at alcoa.

2) Hes got a huge dynasty going on at alcoa right now and from the looks of their young talent it seems like their best is yet to come.

3) I dont see him competing against one of his coaches (brian nix) who applied for the job.

He is the number 1 choice when a lot of jobs come open but i think this time he will probably stay where he is. Every season he was at riverdale his name came up for jobs and since hes been at alcoa his name has come up for the science hill job and a job at a school in alabama.