New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

You're getting very close from what informed sources are saying. McDaniel is the name being mentioned by prominent people for the OR. The other coaching situation about Marion County mentioned above is a very strong possibility as well. It would include multiple moves in the school setting involving the move to a different school.

Don't you just love the off-season positoning and politicking??? There's nothing better than high school sports and their passionate fans.

bb

As in 'Oakland' McDaniel? Very good Coach who does know how to turn a program around. The Job he did at Moore County and Oakland shows this. Especially if he gets to bring the other coaches with him that completes the staff he has put together. Works players hard and knows discipline AND Defense well.

If it is offered to him and he does want it you will be getting a good one. I for one would hate to see him leaving Rutherford County though, but if it is what he wants then I am happy for him.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're getting very close from what informed sources are saying. McDaniel is the name being mentioned by prominent people for the OR. The other coaching situation about Marion County mentioned above is a very strong possibility as well. It would include multiple moves in the school setting involving the move to a different school.

Don't you just love the off-season positoning and politicking??? There's nothing better than high school sports and their passionate fans.

bb

I was referring to Tim Daniels.....I'm not sure who "McDaniel" is that you mention.

What about Scotty Smith? Coach Smith of Walker Valley recently was named the Region 4-4A Defensive Assistant of the Year. He also won that award on multiple occassions at Soddy-Daisy in Region 2-5A, the same Region that Oak Ridge has competed in. Scotty is an Oak Ridge Alum who played on a State Championship team there, played in college, coached in college, and has head coaching experience. The most impressive thing about him is his impeccable character. In addition to being perhaps the most thorough Defensive Coach around, he is one of the finest men in the profession. Oak Ridge will make a real mistake if they don't consider Coach Smith.