New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What players are returning that played this year and who should someone look to be a big time player in the future?

First guy to talk about is James Normand who will play somewhere in college. Very good Olineman and a very good kid.

Zack Zulliger is coming back. He's a hoss, very good Safety/LB and might even play QB (unless his younger brother Bradley, who is a freshman now, gets the job). He was hurt this season so the team should get a boost from his presence. Sophmore Cameron Gregg will most likely be a starter at Safety, he got a lot of time this past season.

We have a lot of speed coming back: Tyrus Henderson (soph.), Tae Harris (soph.), and LeMichael Gibson (junior). All 3 are great athletes. Dee Shannon is also a talented kid, he is just a sophmore.

The 2 leading tacklers on defense, Chris Harder (junior) and Zack Hughes (soph.) are returning. Both are tough kids at LB. Another sophmore, Jeff Mason, should be in the mix for a LB spot and is a very tough kid. Ben Fuller (junior) should also get some time at LB, he was hurt this season also. Sopmore Jose Valedon is a huge kid you should get some time somwhere, probably DE.

2 good kickers, Brett Funk (junior) and David Phillips (junior) are coming back. Funk has a bigger leg but Phillips is more consistent.

Oak Ridge has a ton of talent coming back. There are some freshman coming up that could contribute also. There are A LOT of good 8th graders moving up to freshman football also.

First guy to talk about is James Normand who will play somewhere in college. Very good Olineman and a very good kid.

Zack Zulliger is coming back. He's a hoss, very good Safety/LB and might even play QB (unless his younger brother Bradley, who is a freshman now, gets the job). He was hurt this season so the team should get a boost from his presence. Sophmore Cameron Gregg will most likely be a starter at Safety, he got a lot of time this past season.

We have a lot of speed coming back: Tyrus Henderson (soph.), Tae Harris (soph.), and LeMichael Gibson (junior). All 3 are great athletes. Dee Shannon is also a talented kid, he is just a sophmore.

The 2 leading tacklers on defense, Chris Harder (junior) and Zack Hughes (soph.) are returning. Both are tough kids at LB. Another sophmore, Jeff Mason, should be in the mix for a LB spot and is a very tough kid. Ben Fuller (junior) should also get some time at LB, he was hurt this season also. Sopmore Jose Valedon is a huge kid you should get some time somwhere, probably DE.

2 good kickers, Brett Funk (junior) and David Phillips (junior) are coming back. Funk has a bigger leg but Phillips is more consistent.

Oak Ridge has a ton of talent coming back. There are some freshman coming up that could contribute also. There are A LOT of good 8th graders moving up to freshman football also.

It sounds like OR might be even better two years from now with all those good underclassmen. OR won't stay down long.

Yeah, when these sophmores, freshmen, and 8th graders are seniors, juniors, and sophmores, Oak Ridge will be very tough. Both Jefferson and Robertsville have some kids that could play varsity as sophmores. Even after that, I've seen what's coming up from the Boys Club and there is a ton of speed and a lot of size. With the right coaching, Oak Ridge could go on a very good run for several years in my opinion.

YES he is! I would bet that the boosters here would also come up with the moving exspense if it happens. LOL

As to some of the names mentioned in this thread, here are some things to consider.

1. Rankin. While he will put in an application it will only be to get even MORE money where he is at. If he moves it will only be to a private or another state where he can double dip by getting his Tn State retirement AND a paycheck.

2. Benny Monroe. Great Coach but rumor has it he really wants to retire.

3. Coach McDaniels at Oakland. Great coach and VERY energenic, but I think he is happy where he is at. Besides there is always hope he will return to R'dale.

4. Gaddis. Very good Coach, but the administration there at OR needs to decide if they want to harbor ill feelings still or actually WIN.

5. Grey. I know nothing about him except what I read on here, but selecting him WILL alienate some of the boosters there. While some love him, others hold an intense dislike for him.

Only real piece of advice I can give y'all is to NOT hire a no passing WingT coach! While it controls the clock it is almost impossible to come back with if you get down by a couple of scores. Also would ask any prospective hire who he wanted for OC and DC in the interviews. That in itself will tell you alot before you hire another looser.

THANK YOU LOST OLD DAD NO WING T COACH PLEASE AT LEAST 60%-40% RUN/PASS OR 50/50 THAT IS UGLY AND TELL RUSE THAT THE KC COACH WOULD NEVER GET THE CALLS UP HERE HE GETS IN KNOXVILLE.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

I really don't see Ward going anywhere for 5 - 6 years. He has a really nice deal in place and I'm pretty sure both his family and his wife's family are located in West Tennessee. He is an outstandng coach and will be a sucess for years to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[/qu

He Might

You know, I'm really confused. I read about all these coaches wanting to leave the school that they are at. Is there no loyalty any more? I mean, if all these coaches players starting transferring to other schools I'm sure the coach would be talking about loyalty to their teammates and school. If I was the administrators of these schools I would fire these coaches and get a coach who is loyal to the school they are at. Don't really want to hear about more money etc. If it's all about money maybe they should have been in the Oil business. I know of coaches that live in mansions with swimming pools and drive suv's. How much money does a man need? I really think if you are already a head coach and are always looking for the next GREAT job you are a poor example to the kids you coach. Does the hypocrite ring a bell. Just a thought!!!!

That post is about stupid. Are all people with swmming pools that drive SUV's rich? To put this in perspective, if you work for IBM and Apple has an opening for lots more money do you listen? What if it's for the same money but is a real challenge? Do you talk to them? Well this is a coaching job, not the job as The Pope. These guys are just like you and I, they need to look out for their family and future. Where is the loyalty from schools also is the question I ask?

Ole Dad

You know, I'm really confused. I read about all these coaches wanting to leave the school that they are at. Is there no loyalty any more? I mean, if all these coaches players starting transferring to other schools I'm sure the coach would be talking about loyalty to their teammates and school. If I was the administrators of these schools I would fire these coaches and get a coach who is loyal to the school they are at. Don't really want to hear about more money etc. If it's all about money maybe they should have been in the Oil business. I know of coaches that live in mansions with swimming pools and drive suv's. How much money does a man need? I really think if you are already a head coach and are always looking for the next GREAT job you are a poor example to the kids you coach. Does the hypocrite ring a bell. Just a thought!!!!