New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang bladerunner.. I can't keep up with you first you have gone over to the dark side and are a Maryville fan and now you're back over here wanting the Hillsboro coach. I don't really think we want him though. I've heard he could get the job done but that he doesn't have the "personality" to fit in with the fans in Oak Ridge.

Dang bladerunner.. I can't keep up with you first you have gone over to the dark side and are a Maryville fan and now you're back over here wanting the Hillsboro coach. I don't really think we want him though. I've heard he could get the job done but that he doesn't have the "personality" to fit in with the fans in Oak Ridge.

You all could be right , but he did stop the streak. He will be remembered for that. Boy that team came to play!

Whoever is hired will not be able to bring in a whole new staff. The assistants will have to fit into certified teaching openings, which are few and far between in Oak Ridge. It is a very tricky situation and it won't be easy. Which means that some of the assistants will have to stay on board, because even if they don't coach they won't give up their teaching positions. The new coach better have a couple of good "volunteer" coaches willing to come help him.

I think there are only 3 assistants that are also teachers (Minor, Jackson, Saunders). The rest have other jobs I think, so most of the staff could just be let go. I'm just speculating, but I'm sure if Jeff Minor isn't asked to stay on by the new coach then he'll find a teaching/coaching job elsewhere, same for Jackson. They seem like guys that are coaches first and teachers second, so I think they'll go where there's a football job...again I'm just speculating though. If Saunders doesn't want to keep doing it or isn't asked to stay on, he'll just retire and be just the assistant AD and a math teacher.

Something could open up at one of the middle schools also. If there is an assistant that this coach really wants to bring, they'll find a job for him....run the alternative school or something. Heck make them a "permanent substitute" like I've heard Kwayu Graham is at AE(don't know if that's true).

I think there are only 3 assistants that are also teachers (Minor, Jackson, Saunders). The rest have other jobs I think, so most of the staff could just be let go. I'm just speculating, but I'm sure if Jeff Minor isn't asked to stay on by the new coach then he'll find a teaching/coaching job elsewhere, same for Jackson. They seem like guys that are coaches first and teachers second, so I think they'll go where there's a football job...again I'm just speculating though. If Saunders doesn't want to keep doing it or isn't asked to stay on, he'll just retire and be just the assistant AD and a math teacher.

Something could open up at one of the middle schools also. If there is an assistant that this coach really wants to bring, they'll find a job for him....run the alternative school or something. Heck make them a "permanent substitute" like I've heard Kwayu Graham is at AE(don't know if that's true).

That is a sad commentary on society RE: Minor & Jackson "A Coach first & then a Teacher" I hope it is not true but from what I have heard that is an accurate statement.

VilleRam I believe you are right on about the assistants, I've heard that they will leave Oak Ridge High. As for Saunders he could retire completely or just retire from coaching and still teach. As for Kwayu I'll let you take the heat for that comment!!!

Coach Saunders will be missed, he was one of my favorites. He really cares about OR football, He also knows another form of of Football close to my heart as well. They call it Soccer over here, my Grandfather calls it futbol!

Coach Saunders if you are reading this I hope you stay.

Bladerunner.

Barry is the only thing classy that is left at OR Football after this last debacle for sure. He has coached with some great staffs and always been a contributor. He has adapted and never complains even when treated badly as by the last imposter of a coach. I hope he stays as well. He is educated, intelligent, thoughtful and calculating in his decisions. He should not only stay but they should give him Chuckey??™s job. He has helped a lot of kids along the way at ORHS in sports and life. He is a fine man.

Ole Dad

Barry Saunders: one of the few class acts left in the OR school system, teacher or coach.

Jeff Miner, Jackson, and Saunders at teachers at ORHS. Adams is an elementary alternative school teacher and Spratling teaches at Robertsville. Tommy Miner and Phil Thompson are non-faculty coaches. It could be difficult, but not impossible, to put some new assistants on the staff. TSSAA rules on non-faculty assistants are tricky.