New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we agree, keep it posted until the right person comes along...

Sorry I thought you were saying that they have only interviewed six people in a negative way.

It could be negative if Mullins has already made a decision and is just going through the motions. From what I hear he's real good buddies with one of the candidates. Even let him use the OR football offices while coaching at another school.

It could be negative if Mullins has already made a decision and is just going through the motions. From what I hear he's real good buddies with one of the candidates. Even let him use the OR football offices while coaching at another school.

The absolute WORST thing would be to split the community down the middle from the start.

Are you saying that he let someone that does not even teach there come in & use the coaching offices?

Wow.. Who was it?

Are you saying that he let someone that does not even teach there come in & use the coaching offices?

Wow.. Who was it?

No, the person is a teacher at OR, but he let that person and other coaches from the High school they were coaching at use the Oak Ridge football offices to watch film and go over game plans on weekends. I never really understood why they didn't use their own school, but hey, we may have better equipment.

As for who it is, I'm sure many can guess that.

No, the person is a teacher at OR, but he let that person and other coaches from the High school they were coaching at use the Oak Ridge football offices to watch film and go over game plans on weekends. I never really understood why they didn't use their own school, but hey, we may have better equipment.

As for who it is, I'm sure many can guess that.

Does the school he coaches at play OR? I guess I'm looking for your point??

Does the school he coaches at play OR? I guess I'm looking for your point??

No they did not play OR. They could have possibly since they were in the same classification. My point is that an earlier statement could be a viewed as a negative, especially if Mullins is just going through the motions and has already decided on his buddy. I've been around a lot of football and I've never heard of one high school allowing another high school's staff to use their offices on a regular bases to conduct football related business, unless there were extenuating circumstances. I could be wrong though, I've never seen it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather them take their time and make the right decision, but from what I'm hearing that may not be the case as far as why it's taking so long.

Until a decision has been made and announced, everything is just speculation though.

First off, he didn't use the football offices to watch tape. Even if Mullins allowed him to do that, there's no way the coach you're talking about WOULD go near the Oak Ridge staff's office because he didn't want to see the Oak Ridge staff. He has his own classroom with an HD projector and 2 periods without classes, so there's no reason for him to use the staff's office...he probably has a better set-up in his classroom, better equipment and more private. Plus he has his own football offices at KC to watch tape. Now, I know he uses the new weightroom a few times a week, but I don't believe for one second he used the OR football offices.

But yes, Mullins and the coach you're referring to are friends...not super close best friends, but friends. I'm sure Mullins would like to hire him and I think he has the inside track, but Mullins doesn't make decisions unilaterally, they have a search committee and Bailey has to approve it.

First off, he didn't use the football offices to watch tape. Even if Mullins allowed him to do that, there's no way the coach you're talking about WOULD go near the Oak Ridge staff's office because he didn't want to see the Oak Ridge staff. He has his own classroom with an HD projector and 2 periods without classes, so there's no reason for him to use the staff's office...he probably has a better set-up in his classroom, better equipment and more private. Plus he has his own football offices at KC to watch tape. Now, I know he uses the new weightroom a few times a week, but I don't believe for one second he used the OR football offices.

But yes, Mullins and the coach you're referring to are friends...not super close best friends, but friends. I'm sure Mullins would like to hire him and I think he has the inside track, but Mullins doesn't make decisions unilaterally, they have a search committee and Bailey has to approve it.

Take it how you want, but that is what I've been told by more than one coach on the past staff. If that's not the case, then why would they lie about it, since you seem to know so much about it. Second I don't remember saying it was while he was at KC.

Lastly, I find it kind of funny how you seem to get defensive when someone questions or has a different view on this particular individual. So chill, personally I don't think this person would be the right fit for OR, but that is not what my original post was about. All I was saying is that I believe Mullins has already made his choice. This extra time is just fluff, so that he can say he has given it a lot of thought. From the last debacle of how things were handled, I don't have a lot of faith in Mullins, Carringer, Green, or Bailey.